Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

1505152535456»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Dont know if anyone seen this but this kinda of illustrates the mind Diaz has,he got absolutely murdered in this fight and still sat in guard stockton slapping the **** out RDA taking the piss he is a legend,love to see him in shape fight him again.

SerpentineAgileIndigowingedparrot.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont know if anyone seen this but this kinda of illustrates the mind Diaz has,he got absolutely murdered in this fight and still sat in guard stockton slapping the **** out RDA taking the piss he is a legend,love to see him in shape fight him again.

Hilarious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

These are gas!

ICwgtIP.gif

PLqBhfn.gif

GhTgnr3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Dana White saying this event did 1.5 million ppv buys.....pinch of salt?

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/708275433817694208

weather its accurate or not its incredible the numbers Conor brings for the UFC deserves every penny hes paid all his ppv number are incredible.

Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/708275433817694208

weather its accurate or not its incredible the numbers Conor brings for the UFC deserves every penny hes paid all his ppv number are incredible.

I read that 1.5 million would break the record but i thought the record was 1.6 million for ufc 100. Huge numbers from Conor though. That's why he's paid so much and why everyone wants to fight him. All the more reason I want Frankie to get the next shot. If any man deserves a payday it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I read that 1.5 million would break the record but i thought the record was 1.6 million for ufc 100. Huge numbers from Conor though. That's why he's paid so much and why everyone wants to fight him. All the more reason I want Frankie to get the next shot. If any man deserves a payday it's him.

Great if the fights arranged in advance and he turns up.....McGregor should stop this making everyman rich because opponents pull, if they pull so should he .....he goes into these fights with nothing to win, they go in with a ready made excuse and become very wealthy on the back of it.......tough for the fans but still

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Great if the fights arranged in advance and he turns up.....McGregor should stop this making everyman rich because opponents pull, if they pull so should he .....he goes into these fights with nothing to win, they go in with a ready made excuse and become very wealthy on the back of it.......tough for the fans but still

Hes getting paid 10m plus,thats winning reguardless of what happens in the cage,your record wont secure your kids futures.

sonofenoch wrote: »

Its easy say that now but until last week he hadn't lost one of those replacement fights. Plus as Gamebred pointed out, big bucks for him to take the fight. He fought Diaz, got paid 10m plus and broke the ppv record. Despite the loss he still did pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Of all the bullsh*t nonsense posts on here over the last week you pick on the guy who gives a detailed and reasoned account of his opinion. This is where all the fanboy vs hater crap is rooted.

There isn't much point in trying to discuss anything here from what I see. I'm pretty certain the only thing people here look for in posts is "Is he pro or anti Conor" and then design their responses accordingly "do I thank it or call it ****e". Certainly at this stage of the thread. You always get those few people living in a thread rubbishing everything people say if it doesn't fit with their own view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

According to Dana White

Conor he's great he fights anyone anytime anywhere.

And then...

Hollys management team are stupid I don't think Holly knows what they've done Miesha was always a dangerous fight to take and the Ronda fight woulda made her more money.

No Dana it's either your opinion both were nuts taking the fights they did or they are both warriors but logic isn't the man's strong point. As seen as this looks like it did 1.5m buys for the company you Dana should only have praise all fighters involved.

According to Dana White

And then...

Hollys management team are stupid I don't think Holly knows what they've done Miesha was always a dangerous fight to take and the Ronda fight woulda made her more money.

No Dana it's either your opinion both were nuts taking the fights they did or they are both warriors but logic isn't the man's strong point. As seen as this looks like it did 1.5m buys for the company you Dana should only have praise all fighters involved.

I'd say you could replace "the Ronda fight would have made her more money" with "The Ronda fight would have made me more money".

Conor will bring in the cash regardless but Holly v Rhonda would have been a much bigger fight than Miesha v Rhonda for Dana.

I'd say you could replace "the Ronda fight would have made her more money" with "The Ronda fight would have made me more money".

Conor will bring in the cash regardless but Holly v Rhonda would have been a much bigger fight than Miesha v Rhonda for Dana.

Well the good news for Dana is Ronda will beat Miesha and then Holly and Ronda rematch anyway.

What would that card have done without Conor? about 400k I'd guess it was pure garbage outside the co mains,Even if Conors ppv pull wains he will easily bring in 700k plus in future as headlinging a ppv,wins again he will be flavour of the month again with more records.

Well the good news for Dana is Ronda will beat Miesha and then Holly and Ronda rematch anyway.

He probably wanted the big one for UFC 200.

• Advertisement

He probably wanted the big one for UFC 200.

To be honest after seeing the shape Ronda is in, she ain't gonna be ready for July regardless. Plus she has movie commitments til October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

According to Dana White

And then...

To be fair there is a slight difference. If Holly waits 2/3 months for Rousey, Rousey v Holm 2 could have headlined its own card and made Holm a decent chunk. She choose to take the Miesha fight... Any old fight could have been co main on 196 really

McGregor stepping up to fight Diaz saved the card but McGregor would've made similar (prob slightly less) regardless of who he fought.

Edit: Dana is also a hypocrite at the best of times so you do have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Dana White saying this event did 1.5 million ppv buys.....pinch of salt?

Isn't McGregor apparently on as high as $7 for every buy? So that over $10M plus the $1M and presumably he gets a cut of the gate and sponsorships etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

UFC100 was 1.6m. But the cost of a PPV has probably increased in the last few years. So chances are this one took in the most in terms of $$.

McGregor is pulling in crazy numbers. UFC will break 2m imo

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me why this isn't up on Fight Pass yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can anyone tell me why this isn't up on Fight Pass yet?

Hasn't been a month yet. It should be up early next week.

Paully D wrote: »
    Hasn't been a month yet. It should be up early next week.

Seems like a long time to wait when you've actually paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Seems like a long time to wait when you've actually paid for it.

You pay for FightPass, not the PPV.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    You pay for FightPass, not the PPV.

I paid for both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I paid for both!

If you bought the fight on PPV you should still be able to watch it, I bought it on YouTube and can still watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I paid for both!

Can you not watch it here if you purchased it?
    http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-196

Mellor wrote: »
    Can you not watch it here if you purchased it?
    http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-196

Cheers for that. For some reason it's saying I have to pay for the event but I'm guessing that it's maybe coz my Smart TV is permanently logged in to fight pass and if I try to access on my phone or tablet it won't allow duplicates. I haven't tried accessing it on my TV yet. Must give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm having a similar issue, possibly because I watched it on the xbox and I'm trying to watch again on the PC.. May try the xbox when I get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think rewatching on the Xbox is restricted to 24 hours after the event, could be wrong though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Tv3 show it the next night, just record that and you can watch it as many time as you please:)

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Tv3 show it the next night, just record that and you can watch it as many time as you please:)

You're assuming I have a sky/virgin box to record it on.

maximoose wrote: »
    I think rewatching on the Xbox is restricted to 24 hours after the event, could be wrong though

Yeah that kind of pisses me off, if I pay for an event I'd expect to be able to rewatch it without having to pay again. If I pay 25 euro for the event its very stingey of the UFC to only give me 24 hours access to it. I was in a different country the time of Conor v Aldo and bought the even expecting to watch it a day later and had to illegally acquire it after paying for it. :(

Advertisement