Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scary re-accuring dream

Options
  • 19-09-2006 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

over the last 2 weeks i have been having a very scary and vivid dream which keeps accuring night after night. its gotten to the stage where i dont want to sleep for fear of having the dream again.

(i know it will sound weird) this is it.

i keep setting a timer on a nuclear bomb in my fridge for 4 hours and in that time i frantically try to get my family out of dublin, first we went to mullingar, then bray, then swords, the locations keep changing but my granny is always impossible to move and thats when the fear comes in cause i dont want her to die in the explosion that is coming, eventually she moves just before its due to go off and then i wake up.

**please dont start slagging me off or say that i need mental help, i just want to know if anybody can interpret dreams or can help me as it is really scaring the arse off me, and i just want a pleasant nights sleep for a change**

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Any significant changes in your life in the last 2 to 3 weeks? Or with a person close to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no, none at all, work is fine, things with the missus are fine, nothing has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I had a creepy CREEPY recurring dream for a while, haven't had it in a couple of years though. I used to wake up sweating. Sorry can't help you with a meaning, but I totally empathise!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I used to have a recurring dream for years. Long and short of it was I was been chased by an unseen force, scared the hell out me, really, but one night with this dream I was running up the stairs again, when I heard a voice just say turn around, stop running, and for the first time within the dream I actually turned around an a small child was there, he lead me to a room, half dark and half filled with light and he handed me a key and said you choose. My point been it was only when I stopped and faced the fear within the dream did the dream stop. Not saying that this answer is possible or viable to you but something to think upon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

There are plenty of dream interpretation books available in bookstores that are definitely worth looking into. Check the web for resources, too. The dream seems hard to interpret, in my opinion. Maybe it's focusing on the responsibilities you have in life right now? Perhaps it's telling you to relax more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

I suppose this could be a premonition warning you that you might do something bad in the future so watch what you do and don’t try to be selfish if a situation presents itself where you need to harm others just to save your own behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

maybe its your subconsious expressing a worry you have for your gran and a need to protect her?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

just stumbled across this - and the weird thing is that I had EXACTLY the same dream (different locations, obviously, but the timer, a fridge, the nuclear bomb, and my granny who couldn't be moved are the same) when I was about 14.

My explanation for it is that this was around the time my grandpa died, and I did not want to loose my grandma. Add a little nuclear scare in the media (not a day goes by where you don't hear about some nuclear scare or other), and there you have a rough explanation...

Next time, try to change the dream in your dream - before you go to sleep, focus on a different ending of that dream - change the bomb to an alarm clock, substitute your family with something else, for example - and see if that works!

Good luck!

Advertisement