Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 8/Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Onyx black the only option is both base models isn’t great.

Couple of other colours that aren’t there at all as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Has anyone been able to work out why the Irish price is €20 higher than the rest of Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to work out why the Irish price is €20 higher than the rest of Europe?

I presume it's due to 23% vat whereas it's lower in most mainland Europe? Italys the same

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Am I Evil? wrote: »

It seems to vary. Germany is €699, Spain in €709, Italy is €719. I have no idea if the logic but the price isn't the same anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I have the OP3, thinking about an upgrade. My camera does't focus anymore and the volume buttons don't work either. I've already replaced the audio jack and the power port; think it's maybe time to send my little OP3 to the farm for old tech.

The OP8 pro is out of my price range and honestly I could only really stretch to the OP8 (128Gb version) if I thought the specs were that much better than the OP7T or OP7Tpro.

The OP7Tpro is £700 from OP themselves but cheaper used elsewhere and I'm hoping htere will be a proce drop in the next week or so when the 8 series starts arriving at people's doors. I know there has been a suggestion above of going 7T over 8 for cost, but what about the 7Tpro? How do you think that stacks up against the 8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

It seems to vary. Germany is €699, Spain in €709, Italy is €719. I have no idea if the logic but the price isn't the same anywhere.

€688 on Amazon.co.uk, free delivery if you have Prime.

Actually, its €704 after VAT adjustment.

Dave Lee basically said thumbs up, camera and all, so that would be good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Amazon Germany have the 7T for €499 minus delivery at the minute, good bargain

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XJ4S3Y8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

xtal191 wrote: »
    Amazon Germany have the 7T for €499 minus delivery at the minute, good bargain

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XJ4S3Y8

I am tempted as an upgrade to my 6T but not sure is enough difference really. Would still need G-cam I would assume

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Debating whether to upgrade by OP5. Considering the similarity in cost, would I be better going for the non-pro 8 or the 7T Pro. Or any other suggestions? Had been looking at the Pixel 4 too.

Debating whether to upgrade by OP5. Considering the similarity in cost, would I be better going for the non-pro 8 or the 7T Pro. Or any other suggestions? Had been looking at the Pixel 4 too.

Take a look at the mi 10 aswell, available on amazon.es atm with free wireless earphones and their mi fitness band and 100 euro off so 699. Debating between the two myself at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

bigslick wrote: »
    I am tempted as an upgrade to my 6T but not sure is enough difference really. Would still need G-cam I would assume

I went from the 6 to the 7T and find it a lot better, only thing I miss is the headphone jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

I'm using Xiomi MI 6, and want to get the 8pro, wheres the cheapest place to get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

ebayissues wrote: »
    I'm using Xiomi MI 6, and want to get the 8pro, wheres the cheapest place to get it?
    AliExpress will be your cheapest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

massy086 wrote: »
    AliExpress will be your cheapest option.

The Oneplus 8T will be out by the time you get a delivery from AliExpress I'd think

• Advertisement

Caved and bought the onyx black regular 8 and the cyan sandstone case. Had a student discount so 704 in total. Sad I couldn't get the green without going to amazon.de but eh ill take the case instead

The Oneplus 8T will be out by the time you get a delivery from AliExpress I'd think

Friend got a phone in 4days last week from AliExpress with dhl

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

massy086 wrote: »
    Friend got a phone in 4days last week from AliExpress with dhl

Did they get stung with tax?

ebayissues wrote: »
    Did they get stung with tax?
    No he used hk goldway and they ship to uk then to Ireland so it looks like package came from uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

OP5 is starting to act up after 3 years or so. Mainly battery issues, dying quickly, turning off from 15% etc so looking at upgrading.
    Have a car with wireless charging port so hoping to get a phone with it. Looking at OP8pro but don't think I can afford or justify nearly 1k for a phone. Other ones I've been looking at are Pixel 4 and Mi 10.
    Love OnePlus and the bang for buck you used to get but like others have said they now seem to be flagship competitor rather than flagship destroyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OP5 is starting to act up after 3 years or so. Mainly battery issues, dying quickly, turning off from 15% etc so looking at upgrading.
    Have a car with wireless charging port so hoping to get a phone with it. Looking at OP8pro but don't think I can afford or justify nearly 1k for a phone. Other ones I've been looking at are Pixel 4 and Mi 10.
    Love OnePlus and the bang for buck you used to get but like others have said they now seem to be flagship competitor rather than flagship destroyer

I've a One Plus 5 as well and looking at the OP7T for €525 from amazon.de and the P30 Pro from Vodafone for €500 or €450 if you Port your number.

Anyone interested in the Xiaomi mi 10 pro? The camera setup looks better than the OP8pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Echoes675 wrote: »
    Anyone interested in the Xiaomi mi 10 pro? The camera setup looks better than the OP8pro

I'm torn between the two...want to see a proper side by side comparison though

I'm torn between the two...want to see a proper side by side comparison though

Same here. The other thing that comes to mind is that I like how clean Oxygen is and am worried about all the bloat and UI changes in MIUI. Also, Oneplus have been really good with their updates too, I'm on the OP3 atm and the last update was last Autumn but I don't know about xiaomi's updates

My oneplus 8 has been picked up by DHL in Poland, hopefully it might be here tomorrow but i'd say itl'll be a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

My oneplus 8 has been picked up by DHL in Poland, hopefully it might be here tomorrow but i'd say itl'll be a few days

Who did you buy from?

Who did you buy from?

Oneplus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

I've got a OP5 and the thing is still running as well as it did the day I bought it. Best phone I've ever owned. Except for the camera which is horrible in low light. I'd consider upgrading if this new one had a better camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Tork wrote: »
    I've got a OP5 and the thing is still running as well as it did the day I bought it. Best phone I've ever owned. Except for the camera which is horrible in low light. I'd consider upgrading if this new one had a better camera.

On the OnePlus 5 myself still

I still think we've a "good" camera but cameras on phones have come a long way since our one came out. Most definitely it'll be an improvement !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Tork

I'm trying to come up with an excuse to upgrade, if I'm honest :D It's still a cracking phone nearly 3 years after I bought it and I have no real reason to change. I'm happy with the camera most of the time but find low light to be its Achilles heel. Mind you, seeing as I can't actually go anywhere to take photos with a phone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Tork wrote: »
    I'm trying to come up with an excuse to upgrade, if I'm honest :D It's still a cracking phone nearly 3 years after I bought it and I have no real reason to change. I'm happy with the camera most of the time but find low light to be its Achilles heel. Mind you, seeing as I can't actually go anywhere to take photos with a phone....

I was less careful with my own phone the last few weeks... The phone cover plastic broke away so I've been using it without a protector or case and since I did this the screen has been getting scratches etc. But I didn't mind because the OnePlus 8 was on the horizon.

But the price threw me altogether as very expensive !

But I think I'll still go for it anyway, I wonder in a week or two will the price drop even 20euro or something to bring it under the €900 mark.

The bullets Z , annoying they don't charge off the back of the Pro but 10hrs usage from 10min charge and 20hour usage from 20min charge is incredibly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Caved and bought the onyx black regular 8 and the cyan sandstone case. Had a student discount so 704 in total. Sad I couldn't get the green without going to amazon.de but eh ill take the case instead

Where did you buy to get the student discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Beersmith wrote: »

One Plus do student discount themselves.

Yep oneplus do 5% off. Phone is out for delivery at the moment, one day turn around if you dont include the weekend.

Yep oneplus do 5% off. Phone is out for delivery at the moment, one day turn around if you dont include the weekend.

But doesn't accept irish students? Seems to only be .edu email addresses

But doesn't accept irish students? Seems to only be .edu email addresses

You register through student beans and it works :)

Have seen more than one people on Reddit comment that their OP8 pro seems to have a kind of screen burn after only a few days use :-/

Reddit Thread

Its arrived and its gorgeous!

EDIT: Wow 90hz is smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Its arrived and its gorgeous!

EDIT: Wow 90hz is smooth

Isn't it 120hz? Or have you stepped it down to 90?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Isn't it 120hz? Or have you stepped it down to 90?

8 Pro is 120hz
    8 is 90hz

Just a quick update, ill post some pics later! Just testing some stuff. Screen is gorgeous and smooth. It came with a preinstalled screeen protector and there was a clear case in the box. Testing the speakers. They are dual and really loud, compared to my Google Pixel 3XL they are slightly more tinny whil;e the 3xl is more bassy but they are still very clear and loud, but thr 3xl is known for its speakers

Camera wise it seems good too, unless your going to be a professional photographer then its perfect i would say, if that is what was holding you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Oh no, not the delivery posts every time a new OP phone is launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭JamBur

I've had several OnePlus phones over the years. I've upgraded nearly every second generation. So I have owned a OP1, OP3, and a OP6, which is my current phone. My usual buying habit has been to wait until October when my birthday helps me to mentally justify the purchase.

I'm one of the saps that when he upgrades, likes to have the top of the tree. I've mocked apple users over the years for paying such exorbitant amounts, the OP8 Pro price is going to hurt if I go that route.

Three UK have it up on their website at the moment. Pro version for 945 upfront and that comes with bullets too

Three Ireland have yet to put it up

Looking at the screen issues raised, I might hold off a bit longer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

One plus 8 pro in glacial green just arrived, such a nice colour

• Advertisement

You register through student beans and it works :)

Im registered with them, trying to verify via students beans on the oneplus site is just throwing up an error

Im registered with them, trying to verify via students beans on the oneplus site is just throwing up an error

Not sure, I just had to enter my email/pass for student beans and it put a voucher on my account. Maybe contact support with the error?

You can register with that .edu thing, just enter your normal email and they can verify manually if you wanted, can take a week though

Think you can select the discount through the actual student beans site too

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Any issues to report about the phone, considering getting the Pro

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    Any issues to report about the phone, considering getting the Pro

Pro seems to be having some screen issues according to the forums and Reddit. OnePlus knows about it now and plans to release a software update to fix it apperantly, similar to the S20 green screen issues.

Haven't heard anything about the standard 8, I've not had any with mine either. Battery life is unreal, did a full day test and got 10hrs at 1% (doing the charging cycle calibraton so going from 100-0), charged 26 hours before and included like 3 hrs YouTube watching.

Was hoping the price from OnePlus would drop after release for either device

€719 and €919 seem odd figures

• Advertisement
Advertisement