Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Wonder how Phibsboro will fair out after all this? Rough enough timing for Lorettas after being closed so long for that bereavement!

Likewise that new place in Leo Burdocks Spot - tough times for Mx-Can - they're open but hard to make a mark in the Mexican business with Boojum only up the road in Smithfield

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Shlippery wrote: »
    Wonder how Phibsboro will fair out after all this? Rough enough timing for Lorettas after being closed so long for that bereavement!

Likewise that new place in Leo Burdocks Spot - tough times for Mx-Can - they're open but hard to make a mark in the Mexican business with Boojum only up the road in Smithfield

Yeah its interesting. Shocking bad streak of luck for that burrito place. I haven’t seen any cafes in Phibs open still doing takeaways (open to correction on this) so I’m walking down to Le Petit Breton at the corner of Drumcondra most mornings for a stroll. Lovely coffee and nice to be able to give them a bit of business.

I would say the Bernard Shaw will struggle after all this seeing as it didn’t get off to a great start. I tried it for food the first week it opened and was incredibly disappointed with the food and service. Put it down to teething problems so we went again for a brunch a few weeks later.. equally disappointing if not worse. Waited ages for food which was cold when it came, order half wrong, staff didn’t seem to care or want to assist....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

smeal wrote:
    I would say the Bernard Shaw will struggle after all this seeing as it didn’t get off to a great start. I tried it for food the first week it opened and was incredibly disappointed with the food and service. Put it down to teething problems so we went again for a brunch a few weeks later.. equally disappointing if not worse. Waited ages for food which was cold when it came, order half wrong, staff didn’t seem to care or want to assist....

Yeah the staff in the new Bernard Shaw were terrible both times I was there, felt like they didnt want to be there or doing any work

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Myself and two friends are running a fundraiser for an absolute institute and cornerstone of Phibsborough, Bohemians. The Sell Out Dalymount Virtually campaign is our idea. The premise is that you buy a beer, pie or ticket as if you were attending the match as normal, before all this pandemic lark. We produce ''matchday'' posters vs whoever we would've been facing on the day with some tv/film references added in. Here's a few examples;
    Vs Derry City

EWRvgdwXsAASZX-?format=jpg&name=small

Vs Shelbourne

EWmkm8iXgAA_ihU?format=jpg&name=900x900

Vs Cork City

EW62wHaXQAAjdJq?format=jpg&name=900x900
    We're very close to hitting our next target of €5000 and was hoping maybe one or two could share some of our work and our link if possible! Thank you!

-> Help to virtually sell out Dalymount Park

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Anyone notice the swans at cross guns bridge had 3 new born signets but this morning they have only 1 left.

Wonder if a fox took them or what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Could well have been a fox. There are lots about.

MX-Can is now also...a pizza place?

See they've split their banner in two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

2 for 1 on takeaway burgers all day in the Bernard shaw, email/phone or call in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

sweetie wrote: »
    2 for 1 on takeaway burgers all day in the Bernard shaw, email/phone or call in

do they even have a real burger or is it all vegan rubbish masquerading as a burger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Raisins wrote: »
    Anyone notice the swans at cross guns bridge had 3 new born signets but this morning they have only 1 left.

Wonder if a fox took them or what happened.

Ah **** :(

• Advertisement

Any local car wash back open? Posh Wash on Connacht St there is still closed, wonder if they'll be back at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Any local car wash back open? Posh Wash on Connacht St there is still closed, wonder if they'll be back at all.

pretty sure that carwash in the old petrol station here is operating. Glasnevin

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3730789,-6.2842422,3a,75y,262.29h,87.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBR5qcZtCxV1VsIyuVeF9fA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I got ours done at Christmas, inside and outside for 50euro. very good job. Poor car hasn't seen a drop of soap or water since

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pow_pow

I welcomed the new coffee dock in the White Moose and would not like to begrudge them a source of income throughout these times, but the amount of WM coffee cups, paper and plastic, thrown around the streets adjacent to the Hotel is a disgrace.

I've see their rubbish all along the NCR, on the ground - on walls - in gardens. I've seen it all along the road up to the St.Peter's church and I've seen it all the way down to Grangegorman recycling centre. And the little keyhole estate opposite the hotel is ruined with it too.

They have a bin on site, and it's not Management's responsibility how patrons act once they've left the premises, but I would appreciate some action on their behalf. Even a quirky, tongue in cheek sign, (they love them) or even asking a staff member to walk a few streets each evening with a black bag.

pow_pow wrote: »
    I welcomed the new coffee dock in the White Moose and would not like to begrudge them a source of income throughout these times, but the amount of WM coffee cups, paper and plastic, thrown around the streets adjacent to the Hotel is a disgrace.

I've see their rubbish all along the NCR, on the ground - on walls - in gardens. I've seen it all along the road up to the St.Peter's church and I've seen it all the way down to Grangegorman recycling centre. And the little keyhole estate opposite the hotel is ruined with it too.

They have a bin on site, and it's not Management's responsibility how patrons act once they've left the premises, but I would appreciate some action on their behalf. Even a quirky, tongue in cheek sign, (they love them) or even asking a staff member to walk a few streets each evening with a black bag.

Yeah, love them or hate them, they seem to be thriving during the COVID period, always see a crowd when driving past the NCR. People are flocking from all over for a place that's slightly off the beaten path...(likely down to their social media / reputation) but how do ya solve it?

More bins on site?
    More bins on the street?
    Less ignorant ****ers who just throw their cups/package away?

gD4aDpR.png

its become very dangerous for cyclists on the road outside WM as well with so many cars parking in the cycle lane outside it as well. One of them always seems to be a garda car as well so everyone else just does the same then :rolleyes:

There are clearly double yellow lines outside the hotel, on both sides of the road. Staff, who are never far from the entrance gate, should inform customers that want to park there of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

pow_pow wrote: »
    There are clearly double yellow lines outside the hotel, on both sides of the road. Staff, who are never far from the entrance gate, should inform customers that want to park there of this.

Never gonna happen
    1 not there job
    2 why make life harder for their customers !

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

They had signs up a few months back that they were moving so probably won't reopen

It's the same deal with rubbish outside the Bernard Shaw now they're back open. The canal nearby absolutely plastered with rubbish, rubbish blowing around the street, piled up beside the bin on Crossguns bridge, etc. People are absolutely disgusting, if I could change one thing about Phibsborough it would be the litter tbh. Why the hell don't have have a big wheelie skip people can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

It's the same deal with rubbish outside the Bernard Shaw now they're back open. The canal nearby absolutely plastered with rubbish, rubbish blowing around the street, piled up beside the bin on Crossguns bridge, etc. People are absolutely disgusting, if I could change one thing about Phibsborough it would be the litter tbh. Why the hell don't have have a big wheelie skip people can use?

The Bernard Shaw started giving out a free drink to anyone who brought them a bag of rubbish. Smart move. The white moose could easily do that with ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    They had signs up a few months back that they were moving so probably won't reopen

The garage moved before the lockdown. Car wash was still open but the mechanic told me the site was to redeveloped as apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tropple

To be fair the council seem to do a good job of cleaning it up, but it would be much better if they didn't have to. The canal around Phibsborough is much cleaner in the mornings than around Portobello, for example.

The council do seem to have a few projects aimed at tackling this, and Phibsborough is one of the areas mentioned, so hopefully we'll see some progress here.

Yes I've also noticed an increase in 3FE cups littered around the vicinity of the Bernard Shaw. Last night I walked the canal and spotted a number of Yeeros blue boxes. Again, it's not the responsibility of these businesses how their patrons act when they've left the premises, but there appears to be a big problem with a lack of bins and an influx of sh1tebags that litter.

Proper protected bike lane added at Doyles corner this morning, great to see, always lots of cars parked here

Tweet

What's the latest on the shopping centre? I saw there was an amendment to the planning application last week, so the project must still be alive...

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/307227.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Bizarre what they have done at top of constitution hill just at the luas stop. On the left when travelling north they have extended the path more on the road after the lights which means everyone has to mearge. I thought they would have opened it up more and then could have a bus lane all the way up constitution hill continuing to the bus lane on Phibsborough road. Crazy!

Beersmith wrote: »
    Bizarre what they have done at top of constitution hill just at the luas stop. On the left when travelling north they have extended the path more on the road after the lights which means everyone has to mearge. I thought they would have opened it up more and then could have a bus lane all the way up constitution hill continuing to the bus lane on Phibsborough road. Crazy!

Have they finished that Grangegorman plaza yet actually near the luas?! haven't gone that direction in the past few days but looked like it was nearly finished...(after a loooooooooooong time)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ThePerfectE

Anyone know what the situation is with the vacant derelict site at the crossroads across from Doyles Corner and Lorettas? Its been like that for years. I'm amazed nothing has happened to it.

Also, is there any word on what's going in where GOD Barbers used to be beside Royal Canal Park? Again, it's another prime spot going to waste. Both sites are such an eye sore to the area.

Anyone know what the situation is with the vacant derelict site at the crossroads across from Doyles Corner and Lorettas? Its been like that for years. I'm amazed nothing has happened to it.

Also, is there any word on what's going in where GOD Barbers used to be beside Royal Canal Park? Again, it's another prime spot going to waste. Both sites are such an eye sore to the area.

This has been mentioned in this thread a couple of times I think, I can't remember the details but from memory I wouldn't expect anything to happen there soon. Agree with you though.

• Advertisement

Wasnt there supposed to be a hotel being built on that whole section from Lorettas to the old cinema?

Advertisement