Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Double of gareth bale anytime and Russia ht/ft at over 6/1 any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

See the excuse I got from sporting bet

"This is the standard procedure for fraud reasons"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

netnerd wrote: »
    HT AB Copenhagen, FT SKIVE. 30/1 @ Paddies, matched to be played on saturday.

Whats the deal with this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Sweden to lead at half time and Ireland to win is available at 80/1, worth a euro bet imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

95% of bets are on Skive/AB according to oddschecker. What's up with that? Is the order wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

No card bets (yet?) on bet365 but look who is in charge of Croatia - Serbia?
    Yep, it is him

Would expect a pretty fiery game to begin with and with him in charge a red car bet is a must.(@3.05 on marathon)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Don't Northern Ireland often raise their game against the big teams? The draw away to Portugal is a good example of that. I remember them beating Spain and England too a few years ago and yet they didn't qualify for anything that year, so it seems to prove my theory.

I'll have a small bet on NI double chance @ 2.45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Don't Northern Ireland often raise their game against the big teams? The draw away to Portugal is a good example of that. I remember them beating Spain and England too a few years ago and yet they didn't qualify for anything that year, so it seems to prove my theory.

I'll have a small bet on NI double chance @ 2.45

They look absolutely awful lately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

JonnyM wrote: »
    Whats the deal with this??

That bet is been made by a fair few people at various bookies, which itself is a bit odd. The odds are falling on it at most bookies too. I just saw Paddy dropped the odds from 25/1 to 16/1 - also a bit odd.

Worth throwing €10 on it if you have it to spare. Don't go mad, as such bets don't always come off.

If you want to be safer about it. Wait until half time of the game (2.45PM on Sat). Check to see who is winning, and if Kopenhagen are, then stick a bit on Skive to win in-play. Odds most likely will be much worse then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

tinodz wrote: »
    That bet is been made by a fair few people at various bookies, which itself is a bit odd. The odds are falling on it at most bookies too. I just saw Paddy dropped the odds from 25/1 to 16/1 - also a bit odd.

Worth throwing €10 on it if you have it to spare. Don't go mad, as such bets don't always come off.

If you want to be safer about it. Wait until half time of the game (2.45PM on Sat). Check to see who is winning, and if Kopenhagen are, then stick a bit on Skive to win in-play. Odds most likely will be much worse then.

thanks thought there was something more to it alrite just cudnt see it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

inforfun wrote: »
    No card bets (yet?) on bet365 but look who is in charge of Croatia - Serbia?
    Yep, it is him

Would expect a pretty fiery game to begin with and with him in charge a red car bet is a must.(@3.05 on marathon)

This is shaping up well isn't it :) I checked Powers and no card market yet either. Must check a few others later tonight. Reckon this could be a good runner.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Brazil XI vs Italy: Júlio César; Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Filipe Luís; Fernando, Hernanes, Oscar; Hulk, Fred, Neymar

Italy Team Buffon; Maggio, Bonucci, Barzagli, De Sciglio; De Rossi, Pirlo, Marchisio; Montolivo; Balotelli, Osvaldo

no bet for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Will Neymar play the whole game?

magherakid wrote: »
    Anyone fancy Brazil?

Brazil XI vs Italy: Júlio César; Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Filipe Luís; Fernando, Hernanes, Oscar; Hulk, Fred, Neymar

I was thinking of a Hulk Wincast at small stakes, but I also hate friendlies with a passion. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

tinodz wrote: »
    I was thinking of a Hulk Wincast at small stakes, but I also hate friendlies with a passion. :confused:
    enough to put me off

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    enough to put me off

I think I will be staying away from any big dent in he bank, but I might just do a low stake high odds bets for fun.

Small stakes on Hulk to score 2 or more @ 14.00

Hope it is a fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

Internationals are back..!

in the AFC qualifications tmoro for the early afternoon..i see good value in UAE beating Uzbekistan.... priced around 2.35 for the home team or 1.73 for the DNB...

UAE are currently classified as the best team in western asia.. with 9 consecutive wins in their last games including friendlies and the Gulf cup...and leading their mid field is the talented Omer Abulrahman who is linked with a move in the summer to one of the premier league clubs.

Uzbekistan on the other hand..are more experienced...but shocking at times..in their last qualification game they failed to beat 10 men Hong Kong in their home stadium.

Back UAE to win or DNB....at ur own risk..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gonna have a decent bet on the sweden/belgium double
    at almost 13/8 with pp

I just can't see past either of these
    belgium will surely have too much class for macedonia
    sweden, speaks for itself really

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

mailburner wrote: »
    gonna have a decent bet on the sweden/belgium double
    at almost 13/8 with pp

I just can't see past either of these
    belgium will surely have too much class for macedonia
    sweden, speaks for itself really

Belgium are a solid bet IMO. They've only leaked once so far in WCQ, against Croatia. Beat Serbia and Wales away 3-0 and 2-0. The only thing I'd say is.. Vincent Kompany, captain and not 100% if he's starting? Can't see how that Irish team will cause Sweden any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Montenegro @ 8/13
    Win-Draw-Win
    Moldova v Montenegro
    Russia @ 8/15
    Win-Draw-Win
    Northern Ireland v Russia
    Sweden @ 8/15
    Win-Draw-Win
    Sweden v Ireland. treble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Sweden to win
    Portugal to win
    Russia to win
    Montenegro to win
    Belgium to win

9/1 £20

Scotland v wales

Wales or draw 11/10. £50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

germany @1.11, belgium @1.70, croatia @1.72 and a bit of golf with mr woods @ 3.50

( the golf part was bet by accident so hoping it will bring me luck :-) )

accum 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

The bets that are holding my interest at the minute are:

Columbia -1 @ 1.75 (v Bolovia)
    Scotland v Wales - Both Teams To Score - 2.0
    Spain to score over 2.5 goals @ 1.57 (v Finland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The bets that are holding my interest at the minute are:

Columbia -1 @ 1.75 (v Bolovia)
    Scotland v Wales - Both Teams To Score - 2.0
    Spain to score over 2.5 goals @ 1.57 (v Finland)
    Pretty sure its 'North Face' they are playing? ;)

AFC Asian Cup Qualifying double of UAE 6/4(explained above) and Iraq double chance 4/5, Iraq are unbeaten in 4 competetive games against China winning twice in China in recent years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Paddy Powers , under specials - have live trebles, Sweden,Wales & Russia all to win 10/1 - seems fairly too good to be true!
    Took that anyhow, and the Enhanced Acca - Sweden, Belgium, Portugal & Germany all to win @4/1

Think both have a decent chance of coming in, not sure on Wales but hopefully Bale does the biz! :D

EDIT- Nice one Portugal, the acca i was more confident in out the window! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Ibra to score 1.91 for obvious reasons mainly John O Shea.

Northern Ireland v Russia game in doubt

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8582913/

Anyone thinking of backing Belgium, I'd wait 'til I see Kompany's name in starting line-up tbh!

After reading the stats in your post a page ago I'm very tempted in Belgium but wait to see if Kompany starts as you say. Need Japan to win ht/ft in the 4pm game today to put money back in my account first having put down all bets already.Have it double with Brazil v Italy BTTS from last night .. Here's hoping!. Very interested in the cards market in Croatia v Serbia today too.

Just noticed Powers are doing a money back on the usual first and last goal scorer as well as scorecast and wincast if Ibrahimovic scores the last goal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Drogmal wrote: »
    Ibra to score 1.91 for obvious reasons mainly John O Shea.

Tempted to do this as my one big bet of the day...

Anyone thinking of backing Belgium, I'd wait 'til I see Kompany's name in starting line-up tbh!

Wouldnt be overly concerned about Kompany starting or not.
    Main concern is who they play on left and right back.
    They have no players good enough on those positions so often you ll see central defenders there.

So you might see Vermaelen on left back, Alderweireld on right back. That is not great even if that means Vertonghen/Kompany central.

Edit:

Just read some news about the Belgians:
    Their manager: Well be happy with 4 points from these 2 matches (they play Mac 2x in the coming days. They are hard to beat etc etc.

Also Mac received 17 yellow cards in 4 matches so far in these qualifiers.

I remember Holland playing Macedonia in the past a few times. never was easy, especially away from home.(2-2, 1-2)
    Belgium @1,7 is not good enough value imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Looking at Czech Denmark btts, Hungary Romania btts, Sweden and Belgium, not happy about Belgium's price though so thinking of looking for better value.

Czech Denmark game could go either way too, think Hungary Romania btts and over's is a banker though.

Any thoughts on a better pick to Belgium?

Under 5.5 in England game? 4/6, can't see England scoring 6..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

13/2

Sweeden
    Russia
    Czech Republic
    Belgium

Wouldnt be overly concerned about Kompany starting or not.

I remember Holland playing Macedonia in the past a few times. never was easy, especially away from home.(2-2, 1-2)
    Belgium @1,7 is not good enough value imo.

Kompany is their captain and a huge influence on the pitch. It seems like they may risk him!

We beat Macedonia 2-0 in Macedonia.... I rest my case!

Saying that, I doubt I'll be going big on Belgium anyway.. medium stake

Dave147 wrote: »
    Looking at Czech Denmark btts, Hungary Romania btts, Sweden and Belgium, not happy about Belgium's price though so thinking of looking for better value.

Czech Denmark game could go either way too, think Hungary Romania btts and over's is a banker though.

Any thoughts on a better pick to Belgium?
    Croatia are a good bet tonight for me, they have been in good form since the Euros and are against a struggling and young Serbian side.

Pretty sure its 'North Face' they are playing? ;)

AFC Asian Cup Qualifying double of UAE 6/4(explained above) and Iraq double chance 4/5, Iraq are unbeaten in 4 competetive games against China winning twice in China in recent years too.
    90th friggin minute winner for China after Iraq played with ten men form half time, sickening.

• Advertisement

We beat Macedonia 2-0 in Macedonia.... I rest my case!

I knew someone would come up with that one.
    Just look at their results at home during qualifiers. You just dont brush that side away.
    Belgium of course can win there but it will not be easy and i am not risking my money on them for @1,66

Look at Macedonia's goalscoring record, they almost always score at home, bar a friendly where they had no Pandev among others. 11/10 btts is my bet of the night.

Hungary/Romania BTTS 10/11
    Macedonia/Belgium BTTS 11/10
    Sweden 8/15

€50 returns €307.

I knew someone would come up with that one.
    Just look at their results at home during qualifiers. You just dont brush that side away.
    Belgium of course can win there but it will not be easy and i am not risking my money on them for @1,66

Ye I get ya.. Macedonia never get comprehensively beaten at home for sure and Belgium are not worth a big stake, but I still think I'll back them

Russia match is a major doubt to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Anyone think most goals second half in the English game @ 1.83 is decent?

From a purely memory based perspective I seem to remember england finding it hard to score early against lesser teams especially away from home, added to that is the obvious part timers tiring in second half....

1.83 is a bit small though, 2.00 and I would be hopping off it.

Why no card markets on B365....anyone?

Edit : Apparently they won't be releasing card markets on Coratia or Belgium games, when I asked why..

"I believe it is to do with the sources we have available on certain games"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Anyone think most goals second half in the English game @ 1.83 is decent?

From a purely memory based perspective I seem to remember england finding it hard to score early against lesser teams especially away from home, added to that is the obvious part timers tiring in second half....

1.83 is a bit small though, 2.00 and I would be hopping off it.

Yeah its decent. San Marino’s last 17 home matches at half time have been 0-1 seven times, 0-0 five times, 0-2 four times.

Was 2-0 in their last meeting.

In the past 10 years most of Englands results against smaller teams away have been under 1 goal.

I prefer San Marino + 5 , evens with PP, tops up my acca nicely. Cant see England score more that 4 away.

hmmm I had AH -1 Sweden in the betting slip and it started drifting

strange that, wonder what do they see in the ireland team

Headshot wrote: »
    hmmm I had AH -1 Sweden in the betting slip and it started drifting

strange that, wonder what do they see in the ireland team

Probably 10 men behind the ball

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Probably 10 men behind the ball

With Whelan out and Mccarthy in, I dont think you can play that way