Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Toulouse L'effort pour cinq contre The Drive for Five

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bobbyss wrote: »
    An amateur rugby fan here. Excuse my ignorance in advance. I see that Sexton had Davd Alred this week to assist him. I think he is a kicking coach.

Also O'Gara was a kicking coach with Stade F when (I think) Carter was playing there. I may be wrong there however.

What exactly does a kicking coach do? Has Sexton forgotten how to kick? Was O'Gara showing Carter how to kick s rugby ball?

Kicking coach is very similar to a swing coach in golf. Players are constantly trying to find different ways to get incremental increases in their swings/kicks, so a coach is used to try and study their swing/kicking position and see where they can try get those tiny extra margins to improve consistency etc.

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They’ve got rid of the Guinness in the Aviva for this game. Poxy Murphy’s.

I’d nearly head home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Kicking coach is very similar to a swing coach in golf. Players are constantly trying to find different ways to get incremental increases in their swings/kicks, so a coach is used to try and study their swing/kicking position and see where they can try get those tiny extra margins to improve consistency etc.

I see. And ( not wishing to deviate but just a quickie) was Carter in Stade when O Gara was a kicking coach there?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

bobbyss wrote: »
    I see. And ( not wishing to deviate but just a quickie) was Carter in Stade when O Gara was a kicking coach there?

O’Gara wasn’t a kicking coach. He was defense/skills/attack coach a various times. Maybe he did some kicking coaching as well. They did overlap though yes, I believe Carter played a role in O’Gara ending up down in Canterbury

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Fardy starting probably strengthens the starting 15 a bit. But it's a huge hit on the replacements who we were no doubt looking to to take the game away from Toulouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm really looking forward to this. I think it'll be a great show of attacking rugby. I wouldn't predict a winner clearly Leinster have to be favourites but Toulouse will punish mistakes with five pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone got a working link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Could watch Kolbe all day long

corny wrote: »

It's on channel 4 just in case you've access to the TV.

And virgin one HD or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

corny wrote: »

It’s on Virgin TV if you’re at home. May have to download their app to get it online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

It's on channel 4 just in case you've access to the TV.

And virgin one HD or something.

And as a result of being on Virgin, there's an app you can stream it on android at least.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭fitz

Beaut.

Unreal hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

James Lowe magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Absolutely class try. Encouraging signs from Sexton, Rob Kearney and SOB in those phases too.

Cian Healy threw an absolutely amazing offload in the tackle to Cronin there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That's why Lowe is starting.

kmart6 wrote: »
    That's why Lowe is starting.

Savage finish, but that was a pure team try. Great hands and support across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Ah Buer. James Lowe, the guy you told us all week shouldn’t be there. With well argued but ultimately specious conclusions :p

Well that was unexpected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Very harsh penalty that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Nothing wrong with that

Did Toner not play that backwards? Weird call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

fitz wrote: »
    Did Toner not play that backwards? Weird call.

Must have bounced off red

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That's world class from Henshaw.

Unreal from Henshaw. Great kick and the chase to block down. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Lowe needs to calm down. No need for a quick tap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Fauuamina leading with elbow a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Held up? He had both knees on the ground by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Leinster with Henshaw AND Ringrose is so much better than any other combination.

Advertisement