Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like a fresh arm workout (at home)

Options
  • 04-04-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello,

As the title hints,i would like someone out there to help me with a fresh arm workout that i can get stuck into at home.I have been enjoying my current regime,but recently it's getting a little boring and unfortunately losing it's shine,i feel a different arm workout would benefit me and keep me pushing forward and engaged,and possibly a fresh leg plan also would be great for me.

I trauled the internet last summer as i wanted to work on my body and get into shape,and came across this regime from bodybuilding.com which i loved.I know there are hundreds of workouts out there,but this one felt achievable and it was simple to follow for me so i stuck to it.

At home i have a set of dumbell's,a barbell,Olympic bar,bench and a good few weights.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/great-at-home-workout-saves-time-and-money.html

Would anyone like to help?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

The guy I work out with was saying a couple weeks ago he wanted to do some direct arm work, I rarely bother with it, I think doing chin ups and dips covers it well enough but I do not want big arms.. Anyway I looked at a few different things and found something that looked fun.

Basically,

Sit on an incline bench, use a weight you can do 15 reps with for both exercises.

Curls to failure
    Tricep kickbacks to failure
    repeat over and over again until you cannot do one rep of either (I think this is a good test of mental strength more than anything for me)

Chin up bar, jump into a 90 degree isometric hold and hold till failure, really try and resist the eccentric.

Push ups to failure.

I am not sure if there is a specific rest period or straight back into the curls/kickbacks but basically just repeat this.

I lasted two round doing this, the other guy three. Both of us really felt it for the next couple days.. You should be able to find the video on youtube if you search Athlean X and arms.

Advertisement