Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Backlog Completionist Diary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

once you start playing Eleven table tennis with the Rift there is no going back to completable games :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I downloaded an app called My Game Collection, paid a couple of bob for the premium version, and synced almost everything I have played on every platform I have owned.

1250+ games.

And I know for a fact that I have probably beaten 1/4 of that, if even.

I have a nasty, nasty short attention span. I will buy a game and play it until I spot another game I want. So on and so forth. After putting in nearly 100 cumulative hours on Zelda BotW (lost a save, had to restart), I went and got Far Cry 5 anyway. I didnt even beat Far Cry 4 yet.

I have a problem lol

I have also played Fallout New Vegas so many times on 2 different platforms, for so many hours on each. I know so much about the game and have played all of the DLC, have leveled up ridiculously high (i think i used a mod that let you level up indefinitely) and yet....... I have never played the final mission and seen the credits roll

At least you play them. I've loads with 0% played.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have the habit of buying entire franchises. Have all Resident Evils, except 7 and Revelations 2. Only finished the REmake and 2. Have all Tomb Raiders. Just played and finished the 2 reboot games. Hitman, Metal Gear Solid and a number of trilogies released as bundles. And some others.
    But I'm trying to avoid buying anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

mrcheez wrote: »
    At least you play them. I've loads with 0% played.

I'm the same. I have a Steam library where I have played a handful and beaten 1. That's out of over 300 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

Hi all so back into this , took a bit of a break from games, my mam died in September and it just kind of hit me recently... Anyway back to it now was playing tomb raider and the save file corrupted so had to start again and also playing beyond 2 souls, nearly finished I think.

Really sorry to hear that Jayisplay.

Thank you mrcheez , appreciate it

Completed
    Assassins creed origins
    Limbo
    Lego batman
    FIFA 18
    Everybody's gone to the rapture
    Beyond 2 souls
    Playroom vr

Now playing far cry primal, about half way through

COMPLETED
    Inpatient (PSVR) - actually very much enjoyed this for the $12.75 I paid for it

Cold Iron (PSVR) - Simple but excellent

Polybius (PSVR) - Mind-altering :)

Total cleared off backlog so far: 21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I honestly planned to complete more games this month,

I started playing Yakuza Kiwami again and Persona 5..for a day

But ended up buying
    -God of War (PS4)
    -FarCry5 (PC)
    -Football Manager 2018 Touch (Switch)
    -Mario Kart (Switch)
    -Accounting plus (PSVR)
    -Psychonauts (PSVR)

Next month Dark Souls remaster is out too, which will be another timesink along with Overwatch which is what I mostly play.

I guess I'm gonna have to be realistic and set a decent attainable goal.
    -Persona 5
    -Nier
    -Nioh
    -Yakuza Kiwami
    -Hellblade

Dedicate maybe at least 2-3 hours a week to one of them.

The reason I chose them is they are some of the MUST PLAY games from 2016/7 that I never got around to finishing.
    I've completed all the others like Zelda, Horizon, Resi7 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And so ends Kirby's Epic Yarn to bring me up to 12.

Was gonna try to complete a few this weekend but only squeezed in one more...

COMPLETED
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) - kinda laborious, but moving story overall

Total cleared off backlog so far: 22

Wanted to get a few more, but only time for one fully completed (I've lots at 80% complete mark)

COMPLETED
    Just In Time Incorporated (PSVR) - great fun but pretty short. Completed it in one sitting. Well worth picking up on sale.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 23

Time to get back into this... life got in the way.

COMPLETED
    AstroBot Rescue Mission (PSVR) - quite possibly the greatest gaming experience I've had in my entire life. The creativity on show in this game is incredible. Easily best VR game on any platform.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 24

COMPLETED
    Resident Evil 7 (PSVR) - FINALLY! Great game, but sooo looong I never realised. Took 11.5 hours to complete.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 25

COMPLETED
    Daedalus (Oculus Go) - My first Oculus Go completed game... have lots more on all platforms in 70-80% completed state so going to make a push and get them all completed before year is out

Total cleared off backlog so far: 26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

COMPLETED
    Daedalus (Oculus Go) - My first Oculus Go completed game... have lots more on all platforms in 70-80% completed state so going to make a push and get them all completed before year is out

Total cleared off backlog so far: 26

Probably the wrong spot for it cheezy, but how do you find the Oculus Go? Thinking of getting one myself in the near future!

Great going on 26 games too :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Probably the wrong spot for it cheezy, but how do you find the Oculus Go? Thinking of getting one myself in the near future!

Great going on 26 games too :)

Oculus Go is pretty amazing actually. Not just an entry-level VR headset but a preferable platform for several games I've tried. Also it has the best visuals of all headsets. I have the Rift / PSVR as well and Go excels in this respect.

It's fantastic for watching movies. I was watching "Ready Player One" (yes ironic) last night in bed, but as far as I was concerned I was in a full IMAX theatre since the screen in front of me was framed by velvet curtains and Fire Exit doors were to the side, along with rows of empty seats around me.

YouTube VR has been released this week too.

The only thing lacking is no 6dof. i.e. when you stand up or move forward you don't go up/forward in the game, but for a lot of the games I've played this isn't too much of a problem.

Ultrawings is surreal in this. Flying around while propped up in bed is the weirdest sensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Brilliant, I shall keep an eye out for a price drop over xmas and pull the trigger :)

• Advertisement

Managed to squeeze in two more today...

COMPLETED
    Dead Secret (PSVR) - It's actually pretty scary despite being a fairly simple puzzle/walking sim. The Woodcutter is nightmare stuff.

Archangel (PSVR) - Lots of people raved about this, but it was decidedly "meh" for me.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 28

Almost a year since I started this thread, so pretty good going to get through this many games in that time. I have bought a fair few in the year, but I think it's less than 28 so I'm pretty sure the mountain is slowly being conquered ;)

Also most of the games I bought this year are those that never really end, like "Beat Saber" and "In Death", so in theory they could be said to be completed once I've played them enough to warrant their price.

COMPLETED
    Pixel Ripped 1989 (PSVR) - This one has been on my "must-complete" list for a while. Really cool VR gameboy-meets-real-world simulator ;)

Total cleared off backlog so far: 29

Got a few more out of the way today...

COMPLETED
    Statik (PSVR) - The best puzzler I've ever played. Ingenious use of the DS4 and feels like you are in a Half-Life lab experiment.

Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab (Oculus Rift) - "Experience" more than a game, but great environs for the Blade Runner 2049 fix.

Here They Lie (PSVR) - If David Lynch made VR games...

Total cleared off backlog so far: 32

started into Wilson's Heart (Oculus Rift) today and gonna play till it's finished :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Here They Lie (PSVR) - If David Lynch made VR games...

Exactly what I thought when I played through it. Total mindf***!

I finished Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice last night after downloading months ago. Very unsettling game. Played with headphones as per devs recommendation. Don't think I have ever played a game that used sound so effectively. Visuals were absolutely stunning and the combat had this real weighty feel to it. Very satisfying pulling off a successful parry. Pretty sure I read there is a VR version though not PSVR. I'd say that would be an unforgettable experience.

Exactly what I thought when I played through it. Total mindf***!

I finished Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice last night after downloading months ago. Very unsettling game. Played with headphones as per devs recommendation. Don't think I have ever played a game that used sound so effectively. Visuals were absolutely stunning and the combat had this real weighty feel to it. Very satisfying pulling off a successful parry. Pretty sure I read there is a VR version though not PSVR. I'd say that would be an unforgettable experience.

Yeah it's VR compatible. It's on my must-buy list for my Rift but I reckon I can hold off another few months while I clear off some more backlog.

I've still got Chronos to start FFS :)

And one more to close out the year...

COMPLETED
    Wilson's Heart (Oculus Rift) - Superb graphics and story but I feel the waypoint system made the game fairly easy to figure out. Elsa is hot in VR though ;)

Total cleared off backlog so far: 33

Happy enough with that much progress for 2018. This thread forced me to stick at it :)

COMPLETED
    Layers of Fear (Steam) - oh boy... this has been on the backlog as uncompleted since LAST Christmas 2017! Finally sat down to complete it today. Amazing graphics on this one... screaming for a VR plugin.

The Bridge (PS4) - FINALLY! Great puzzler but holy crap some of the Chapter IV ones had me thinking I would just give up. Great to have this one checked off.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 35

Next up...
    Moss (PSVR) - Heard so much about this... can't wait!

COMPLETED
    Moss (PSVR) - Brilliant game. The closest you can get to feeling like you are in The Hobbit or Willow. The beach scene is outstanding, felt like I was there.

Top tip: look under the desk in the library for some hidden graffiti ;)

Total cleared off backlog so far: 36

COMPLETED
    PT (Rift) - Remake of PT on PSVR which was discontinued, and now the remake has been discontinued and can't be downloaded (officially) any longer! Some pretty intense jump scares, but more an experience than a game. Still, it was one on my TODO list to check off.

Currently playing through Alien Isolation on Rift and going to stick with it until it's completed (and then might get the DLC). It's pretty frickin hard. Alien forcing me to hide every 10 seconds!

Total cleared off backlog so far: 37

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Completed Titanfall 2. Had the story 70% done when I left it. Don't know why. Now to finish off Doom but I remember what made me quit that. Hell Guards.

Advertisement