Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Backlog Completionist Diary

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

COMPLETED

Resident Evil 4 VR (Oculus Quest 2) - Possibly the best 18-19 hours I've had on the Quest 2! Absolutely incredible experience and really fun. It's actually terrifying having an El Gigante bearing down on you in VR! A+++

It's so much fun I might actually do another playthrough with the unlockables you get for beating the game.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 92

COMPLETED

A Fisherman's Tale (Meta Quest 2) - Nice short puzzler to get through. About 2 hours in total. Interesting mechanic employed where you see yourself as a small model, and gigantic model at the same time (i.e. you are a model too) and you use this to transfer objects to the different versions of yourself.

TRIED BUT NOT BOTHERING WITH AGAIN

Sairento: Untethered (Meta Quest 2) - Controls are overly complicated and the actual game is a not particularly interesting wave-shooter

Sam and Max: This Time It's Virtual! (Meta Quest 2) - I missed out on the whole Sam and Max thing, so the characters aren't ingrained in my head as something like Day of the Tentacle or Monkey Island might be, but the dialog is sorta funny. The actual game is really dull though so I gave up.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 95

COMPLETED

Quake II (Nintendo Switch) - Yes it's an oldie, and I've probably completed it before, but the new revamped version is outstanding fun with improved AI and visuals and lots of value with the add-on extensions.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 96

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You are not saying how many games are on the backlog.

I neither have the time nor the ability to count em.. I don't aim to ever complete all games on the backlog (sure look at my Epic games list!)

I have games on around 20 or more different sources and devices.

I just log the games I DO actually complete... mainly for my own sake so that I don't end up replaying them by accident (unless of course they are worth replaying) 😁

At a wild guess... 1,000 games on the backlog?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are you really a gamer of you don't have 1000+ games in the backlog?

I was thinking about it after... I think it might actually be closer to 3,000+ as I have a ton of roms.

The games I prioritise are the ones I actually paid hard cash for, although sometimes I do some short games I "acquired" through other nefarious means just to free up space (like some of those on my Quest3 vr headset)

This thread is more of a motivation to get me to actually finish games rather than part-playing lots of games and never completing any of them.

But usually life gets in the way, hence the 4 month gap between the most recent and the one before 😕

COMPLETED

Quake II 64 (Nintendo Switch) - My Switch Quake 2 addiction still has me trying out all the expansions, but each expansion is almost like a game in itself so adding em here.

Goddamn that was tough. Unlike the main game, there's a serious shortage of ammo in the N64 version, and it's a completely different game with not one identical level. It's a tad shorter too.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 97

Budget Cuts (Rift / Meta Quest 3) - Had the Rift version of this for years but never really played it so I tried out the Quest version last night and just found it tedious. Very old-skool VR, and I think it was popular back in the day but looking dated now, when there are epic games like Assassin's Creed or Asgard's Wrath 2 on Quest now.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 98

Bonelab (Meta Quest 3) - Another one to check off the "won't bother continuing with due to frustrating controls". Don't get what all the hype is over this and Boneworks beyond terribly fiddly physics.

Total cleared off backlog so far: 99

• Advertisement

COMPLETED

Quake II - Call of the Machine (Nintendo Switch) - The new expansion for Quake 2 is HUGE! Took me about 20 hours? It's also incredibly tough, with a lot of "git gud" style gameplay mechanics which are prob aimed at newer players (like unbelievable amounts of overpowered enemies attacking at once)

Great fun and great graphics though.

And this marks my first Century off the backlog!

Total cleared off backlog so far: 100

Advertisement