Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Games Fantasy Premier League Jumpers for Goalposts thread

Options

Comments

Kolido wrote: »
    Not a bad GW so far with 2 games to go. Great call Mick.

I can say I called one thing right this season.

Go team Aguero TC

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Fair play lads. Some call. Mick you entire team was amazing this week. Fair dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I can say I called one thing right this season.

Go team Aguero TC

I thought I had chosen Aguero for triple captain but it was actually Sterling instead ! ! ! Ah well, swings and roundabouts. I am only challenging for not finishing bottom so no real harm done !:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Back to Salah for cpt this week.

One change, Rondon in for Wilson

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gone with Pogba myself, was tempted with Auba tbh, I think both could score decent points this week given their opposition.

Likewise Salah but I cannae afford him! Although Liverpool are a little wobbly at the moment, that being said Bournemouth usually bend over for the big six unless it's Chelsea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ooops, accidentally left it on Auba without saving :(

Bonus though, he ain't even in the squad though so with Pogba as vice it works out well.

Going ok so far, Robertson assist as well there and another 7 points from De Gea. Looking like a better week for me so far anyways.

Folks, there are games this evening just as a friendly reminder for anyone wanting to conduct transfer business ;)

Nice one!

WC activated!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Would someone PM me the code for this league?

Green&Red wrote:
    Would someone PM me the code for this league?

Will do surely G&R, give me 20 mins or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Poor game and gw. I see there are mid week fixtures this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Had a very poor week as I didn’t get on before the deadline and I have 3 Chelsea players and my 3 on the bench didn’t play!!

Some drama with Kepa today - totally in the wrong!

Don't forget the midweek games. Deadline is tomorrow evening iirc

REMINDER

Very short of games game week

SO the free hit and up to -8 in play depending on your team. (im taking my free hit)

Make sure at least to try get as many on the pitch as possible could be a poor week for the casual

Ive actually faded the 2 bigger hitters from Liverpool (mane Salah) as everyone one is on them if they some how blank this week you win big but if the score well you lose big. (so more a play if you are trying to catch up in your leagues)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks for the heads up, had lots of player not playing this week.

Ive actually faded the 2 bigger hitters from Liverpool (mane Salah) as everyone one is on them if they some how blank this week you win big but if the score well you lose big. (so more a play if you are trying to catch up in your leagues)

I’m on TC this week with Salah

Good call, wish I had something, anything left but used up all my pretty bonuses :(

Probably gonna just switch captaincy and hope for the best, one of those gameweeks, don't wanna tinker too much as I like my side at the mo.

Shame they don't like me and won't give me enough points :pac:

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’m on TC this week with Salah

I like it but its brave its also going to be a differential on the TC on the season.

I was myself going to captain Mane this week but now after his recent scoring didn't even draft him as he is too popular but its all about differential for me this week.

I feel that the Liverpool score, result, scorers, could see massive swings this week

For me Salah TC is deffo one with max high upiside

I left out mane and salah in the end and went with captain Hazard.

It has been mentioned on the other forum but if Klopp was to rest people this would be a decent week

The only thing I will say is Scot parker got critisised for not man marking Jorhinino on match of the day essentially the blue print to stopping chelsea so I can see him over reacting and doing it to Salah with Liverpoool

These are all my own silly opinions of course

Necro wrote: »
    Good call, wish I had something, anything left but used up all my pretty bonuses :(

Probably gonna just switch captaincy and hope for the best, one of those gameweeks, don't wanna tinker too much as I like my side at the mo.

Shame they don't like me and won't give me enough points :pac:

Remember players on the field are points and a -4 is essential a -2 if your player gets the 2 minimum points for playing 60

So anything they get after 4 is bonus something which a 0 cant get.

Its a decent spot to take a hit or 2 or even 3 if you set youe team up well in the coming weeks

• Advertisement

Last thing if you do use the FH and your captain is to do well, make sure you have 2 players on his team playing and more so one who can assist him

Ive gone hazzard (c) azpliciuetta and pedro (60mins)

Someone has to assist goals (most of the time) so if he does well so should someone else

Hope everyone got their transfers in as the PL is back thanks be to fook.

I hate international breaks.

Have a good few of my squad playing two games so I'm hopeful of a decent week.

Tricky week with City not playing. Dont forget to check your team for absent players!

Disastrous last two weeks for me, triple captain got me 3 points and my free hit team was 4 points worse off than my original team

I'm not sure if there is any many golf fans here but the Irishtimes run a fantasy golf league over the summer free to enter, 10k prize for the overall winner and monthly prizes that are usually 4 balls at nice course

https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/

Its all a bit short notice, line up lock is in 12 hours for the masters

I setup a boards league over in the golf section here is the code for anyone who mat enter

LVDHUJV5

I know fook all about golf but I'll sign up anyways for the laugh. Might even give me an interest in watching it more :D

Necro wrote: »
    I know fook all about golf but I'll sign up anyways for the laugh. Might even give me an interest in watching it more :D

Just 1 thing if you know feck all about golf just make sure all the golfers you pick this week at least are playing, you can cross reference from odds checker.

I'm a bit of a golf nerd and run some statistical models around golfers and there stats, here is my list from the masters

Xander
    Thomas
    Rory
    Kuchar
    Rahm
    Kopeka
    Rose
    DJ
    Day
    Fleetwood
    Casey
    Scott
    Leishman
    Cantlay
    woodland
    Si Woo
    Fowler
    Mats
    LI
    Garcia

You will need to get a cheap guy if you pick lots of expensive guys so Corey Conners at 4 million down the bottom is a good option, I'm not sure he will be too good this week but as a young lad on tour he will play lots of golf over the coming weeks, so is a good option going forward

Good luck

Just an FYI - there's a game tonight so get your transfer business done today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Brought Lucas in as a captain. It's kept me in contention for the title. Unfortunately left a fair few points from Fraser on the bench. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Barney92 wrote: »
    Brought Lucas in as a captain. It's kept me in contention for the title. Unfortunately left a fair few points from Fraser on the bench. Oh well.

I put captaincy on Son :(

Had Fraser and Penalty Poggers in the team though.

Advertisement