Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulging discs

Options
  • 06-04-2019 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I've recently had an MRI done and they found the above.
    When I sit for a long period of time, I stand only to find that I am "leaning" over to one side.
    My physio has given me general exercises to do. However, my flexibility in general is rubbish and I think I can only benefit from getting better at stretching.
    Do ye have a go to routine to improve flexibility that you would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I've recently had an MRI done and they found the above.
    When I sit for a long period of time, I stand only to find that I am "leaning" over to one side.
    My physio has given me general exercises to do. However, my flexibility in general is rubbish and I think I can only benefit from getting better at stretching.
    Do ye have a go to routine to improve flexibility that you would recommend?

I'd definitely recommend Pilates or yoga.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

yoga all the way, used to have occasional back problems, and a good half hour session would do wonders for me. I'd highly reccommend DDP yoga if you want something that you can follow along to a video at home. hes a former pro wrestler, so theres not a lot of the spritual mumbo jumbo involved that you can find in other clips.

edit - the caveat to this, is that my underlying cause was that I was simply overweight by about 4 stone, since I've sorted that out, no more back problems.

Advertisement