Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2019 - Round 2 – Bahrain

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Sebastian-Vettel-22-700x367.jpg

At least it looks great - I can see this shot going there with the "Ralf Schumacher taking flight" from Melbourne :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Sebastian-Vettel-22-700x367.jpg

Was the undertray of the car damaged after that i'd love to know or even the suspension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

pjohnson wrote: »
    Apparently Ricciardo had the same issue that Sainz had in Australia.

Something very wrong with Renault engines.
    Give them a chance. They are pushing for performance and by the way McLaren are going, it seems respectable. I have not a doubt in my mind that Renault works team will build a race winning car in the near future. A good running McLaren with Renault power will help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,309 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Was a decent race. Poor LeClerc was unfortunate, but, he'll learn from it no doubt. I got to see most of it on Sky 1.
    Does anyone know what races will be on Sky 1 for the rest of the season?

I think one of there commentators said the next race is live only of Sky Sports F1 unfortunately but it could change and maybe they say that all the time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Apparently, LeClerc ignored team orders in order to take back the lead.
    https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/01/leclerc-ignored-order-from-ferrari-to-stay-behind-vettel/

flazio wrote: »
    https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/01/leclerc-ignored-order-from-ferrari-to-stay-behind-vettel/

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was asked to let Vettel through at the start. Ferrari are like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Surely the coverage would have played it? Would have been a huge bit of drama with all the talk about team orders.

Also today being April Fools I'm a bit sceptical of any articles I read :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Surely the coverage would have played it? Would have been a huge bit of drama with all the talk about team orders.

There was a clip played early in race where It Clerc said he "was faster". Nothing else was played but it's possible there was a reply heard that wasnt played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Adamocovic wrote: »

Judging by team boss interview after the race, I think leclerc did disobey. He wasnt exactly glowing in his praise. When it was put to him that they had obviously found a star in leclerc, he replied, we found a good car today.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    There was a clip played early in race where It Clerc said he "was faster". Nothing else was played but it's possible there was a reply heard that wasnt played
    mickdw wrote: »
    Judging by team boss interview after the race, I think leclerc did disobey. He wasnt exactly glowing in his praise. When it was put to him that they had obviously found a star in leclerc, he replied, we found a good car today.

I'm aware of the the message of him saying he was faster, my point would be that team orders are definitely something I can't imagine the coverage not showing after the discussion of them in the build up, they played them last race and have done normally for many years.

The only reports of team orders that Leclerc apparently disobeyed are from Racefans, and the Express. And i'd be highly sceptical to believe either of these sources. For example one user of Racefans geniuinely speculated that Ferrari initially cut power to the engine as a lesson to Leclerc for disobeying orders.....which was met with other users finding it an interesting idea! Madness.

Binotto also said the team/car let Leclerc down and that he deserved to win this weekend. He's commented about how much he loves Leclerc and he was annoyed about how the weekend ended, seems understandable. His job is depends on delivering the car so no doubt he mentioned the car when asked.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but until some credible sources actually provide proof or legitimate reports other than throwing "PROOF" into their title and offering none I won't be believing the reports. Even the so called quote from Leclerc proving it is rubbish, and about the general topic of teammates racing against eachother.
    “It’s always a tricky situation when you get to fight your team mate because the risks are very high,” he said.

“As in every team, I think, they warn you before the race: OK, you can try things on different people, but with your team-mate, please be careful. Which is something normal.

“But I had the opportunity on lap five and I didn’t hesitate, I just [went] for it.

So like I said, maybe I'm wrong not to believe the report of team orders, but until a more credible source comes out it just looks like pure clickbait piece designed to draw attention to anti Ferrari/Vettel fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

More of Charles radio is available on this video.
    The instruction was to stay behind for 2 laps.

More of Charles radio is available on this video.
    The instruction was to stay behind for 2 laps.

Yeah so the team did want him to hold off from the overtake for 2 laps.

Proven me wrong! Do think the headline that he disobeyed orders to stay behind is written intentional to make it sound like Ferrari didn't want him overtaking at all. Sounds like they wanted to give time for Vettel to heat up his tyres before Leclerc passed so that Hamilton wouldn't catch him too, I don't agree with the decision but look.

I still believe Ferrari will give Leclerc an honest chance at it. Having the youngest ever world champion is too lucrative of a thing to pass up on if the pace is there.

Advertisement