Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super XV 2014 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

5 tries so far this season and it's not even half time in game 2. Ridiculous rugby player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Lovely offloads there for the try. Folau is really struggling in his second season. :P

Potgieter & Palu giving good go forward and Beale is a decent kicking option at 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Another try, far too easy for the Tahs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

10 mins respite for the Reds, Folau in the bin. Deliberately slapped the ball out of play.

Edit - and a try. Knock the conversion over, get the first points in the 2nd half, and it's a game.

danthefan wrote: »
    5 tries so far this season and it's not even half time in game 2. Ridiculous rugby player.

Best FB I've seen since Cullen. Positionally sound, outstanding under the high ball, runs beautiful lines, scores at will, reasonable punt, improving his passing. Mesmerising to watch.

Reds back in it.

Reds back in it.

Not really. Tahs dominated that half. Reds need to score first after the break. Potgieter was excellent value in that half, and Beale really adds to the Tahs backline. Sharks v Tahs for the title, you heard it here first. With a possible mention for the Chiefs. Don't mention the other NZ "C" team please :mad:

Reds back in it.
    Swiwi. wrote: »
    Not really. Tahs dominated that half. Reds need to score first after the break. Potgieter was excellent value in that half, and Beale really adds to the Tahs backline. Sharks v Tahs for the title, you heard it here first. With a possible mention for the Chiefs. Don't mention the other NZ "C" team please :mad:

I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

Sky Sports aren't showing the Bulls v Lions game, does anybody know where I'd get or look for a stream for it? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

Sky Sports aren't showing the Bulls v Lions game, does anybody know where I'd get or look for a stream for it? Cheers!

Sky sports 2 in the red button.watching it now

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

Cheers, can't watch red button stuff on Sky Go though unfortunately. How are the Lions looking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Nice little cameo by Benji for the Blues there in round two strange to see him subbing, still dont think hes a ten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Cory Janes try, world class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In my 15 days or so as a reds fan I don't think I've ever seen as poor a performance from the boys. Seemed out of the game from when Izzy Folou scored early.

errlloyd wrote: »
    In my 15 days or so as a reds fan I don't think I've ever seen as poor a performance from the boys. Seemed out of the game from when Izzy Folou scored early.

Early days but I reckon you can lock sharks, waratahs and chiefs into the last 6. The rest of the sides have been up and down but the reds and crusaders were very underwhelming in the weekend. Actually the standard overall hasn't been too flash so far, and I think I'll just watch the 6N given the fixtures on offer this weekend.

What I can say is that if this was Ireland, someone would have started a "is the game over for Ritchie" thread...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

story on PR saying Pocock is out for the season. knee reconstruction. horrible luck for him as he's just come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

story on PR saying Pocock is out for the season. knee reconstruction. horrible luck for him as he's just come back

Joining the list of always-broke-flankers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Jesus poor old Pockock. Only back for two games. He'll be doing well to come back from this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Jesus poor old Pockock. Only back for two games. He'll be doing well to come back from this

I was following his facebook/twitter/instagram updates for months there.

So so so much rehab. Heart-breaking.

.ak wrote: »
    Joining the list of always-broke-flankers....

Pocock, Ferris, Juan Smith is some backrow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Pocock, Ferris, Juan Smith is some backrow..

Add in Heinrich Brussouw (sp?), Schalke Burger and its starting to look like King Richie is trying to join that club (please no!!!!!!)

NZ produces some great coaches, heck there's a decent chance we'll do the 6N/4N double.

So WTH is Todd Blackadder doing starting Israel Dagg on the wing? That's left wing in case you were wondering.

Not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

Coenie Oosthuizen is out for the season too.

I don't think Todd Blackadder himself even knows what he's doing. Seems it's too easy for ex-players to walk into top coaching jobs whilst not having enough experience in actual coaching.

NZ produces some great coaches, heck there's a decent chance we'll do the 6N/4N double.

So WTH is Todd Blackadder doing starting Israel Dagg on the wing? That's left wing in case you were wondering.

Not impressed.

Was Dagg not in great form before Folau started to really shine?

Going from by a distance best fb in world rugby to moved out of position for his SXV team is a big confidence blow.

How was his form before Savea waded through him for that try last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just in case anyone was wondering. For anyone as confused as I am about the format of Super Rugby, there are only 6 games this weekend.

297442.png

• Subscribers Posts: 41,830 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Try kirandrani

Brumbies 22 - 13 hurricanes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Just watching the Cheetahs warming up here in the Suncorp, there are some absolute monsters among them. Frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭hahashake

I never like to see NZ teams lose but the upside to a canes loss is another nail in the Hamateurs coffin.

Absolute Class from the Reds.

I take that alll back!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a fantastic start to this game.
    2 cracking tries

Great game here

14 - 14 after 14 minutes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Reds are their own worst enemies at times. Blew a try and gave away 2 with stupid errors.

The balls been turned over So many times it's like a game of tennis ;)

Seems like a bit of a joke at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

On a day off and was in two minds as to whether I'd get up to watch this. Would have been rather miffed if I didn't.

Some display of running thus far. Weak defence at times but the sheer pace and fluidity of the attacking is excellent.

Some wheels on Prinsloo on his intercept. I thought that it was a winger.

Yeah it seems anytime they put boot to ball they mess it up.

Chiefs had a ridiculous kick to the wing from their own 22 that was just suicidal

49 Points in the first half.

Cooper has completed his obligatory fcuk up for the match. Throwing it around like a hot potato.

Entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The balls been turned over So many times it's like a game of tennis ;)

I think a number of the turnovers would have been called as penalties in the NH though for tackler not releasing and going straight for ball.

• Advertisement

Yeah the ref in this game, and the previous one, seem happy to allow stuff that is pinged straight away in nh.

I'm seeing lots of rucks where defenders are going down on their hands before digging backwards to claim the ball.

Didn't look like he grounded it to me.

Hard to know what the reds were thinking with that quick lineout a couple of minutes back. Why fling it around like that up 14 with 10 to go?

The reds are the stupidest team I've ever seen. Up 7 with 5 minutes to go, very kickable penalty and Nick Frisby decides to tap and go when there's absolutely nothing on.

Frisby had just came on and was overexcited. Three points and the game in the bag went begging. I hope he gets a right bollocking.

Genia kicked the ball away way too much and gifted the Cheetahs possession, should of been pulled off a bit earlier.

Cooper is an absolute pleasure to watch, yes he is guaranteed to drop a clanger but offset that with the rest of his play and he is forgiven.

It does help playing on hard pitches as the 'Drought Generation' grew up with and the end result is exiting attacking rugby.

Can't wait for the Stormers to arrive in three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 glanlea

what are the thoughts on how tomorows games.?

• Advertisement

Morf wrote: »
    Was Dagg not in great form before Folau started to really shine?

Going from by a distance best fb in world rugby to moved out of position for his SXV team is a big confidence blow.

How was his form before Savea waded through him for that try last season?

He's like Rob Kearney, a FB and that's it. He's off contract at the end of this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he moved franchises, especially if Blackadder stays on. He's a Hawke's Bay lad after all, and the Canes could use his talent.

glanlea wrote: »
    what are the thoughts on how tomorows games.?

I risk ridiculing myself by predicting in advance, but here goes

1) Crusades will win at home (at least, they better)
    2) Rebels will crush the Force
    3) Bulls will edge the Blues (but could go either way)
    4) Sharks will dispose of the Lions fairly handily

He's like Rob Kearney, a FB and that's it. He's off contract at the end of this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he moved franchises, especially if Blackadder stays on. He's a Hawke's Bay lad after all, and the Canes could use his talent.

Any signs of Andre Taylor going back to his red-hot try-scoring form of 2012?

Is he even getting games at this stage? Injured? Completely off the radar?

Morf wrote: »
    Any signs of Andre Taylor going back to his red-hot try-scoring form of 2012?

Is he even getting games at this stage? Injured? Completely off the radar?

One-season wonder it would appear. Think he's just out of favour at present. Now aged 26 - I expect he will head overseas once off contract.

One-season wonder it would appear. Think he's just out of favour at present. Now aged 26 - I expect he will head overseas once off contract.

Not got the staying power of Adam D'arcy then . . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement