Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboPro12 13/14 season thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Zebre beat Cardiff, in Cardiff

lol-duck.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zebre! :D

They were +17 with PP! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Zebre! :D

They were +17 with PP! :O

9/1 to win, feck knows what Cardiff were

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

delighted for Zebre
    Parma is a wonderful city and hopefully this captures the locals imagination

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Great stuff for Zebre. Both Italian sides winning, Dragons and Glasgow up at/near the top.

I'm doing the lotto tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

So far this week has been terrible for my prediction score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm sad for Munster losing to Treviso but it's early stages yet. I'm actually delighted for Zebre to finally win a match! let's hope they can keep that momentum going and win a few more (not against us though!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

It's not really a surprise that Munster lost in Treviso. In their 3 previous games in Italy in the Rabo they've lost two of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Zebre had a man binned at the end, but brought on a sub prop without bringing anyone off. Had 15 men for a crucial phase. Hope this doesn't haunt them.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Zebre had a man binned at the end, but brought on a sub prop without bringing anyone off. Had 15 men for a crucial phase. Hope this doesn't haunt them.

A team was fined for it a few seasons back (I think it was Ospreys who beat Leicester), but the result wasn't changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭phog

Inquiry into how Zebre had 15 men on the field at some stage towards the end, one was carded. Hope they don't lose the result.

Edit. Must be going blind, didn't see it already posted above.

A team was fined for it a few seasons back (I think it was Ospreys who beat Leicester), but the result wasn't changed.

I think it's rightfully impossible to retrospectively change a result. But I hope it doesn't taint the victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

durkadurka wrote: »

Northamptons try today was phenomenal. But not in keeping with this thread I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

This Morgan guy is top class. Even last season the ospreys looked much more threatening with him at ten than Biggar.

This Morgan guy is top class. Even last season the ospreys looked much more threatening with him at ten than Biggar.

I wouldn't say top class. He was highly rated at 20s level but didn't live up to the hype. He has some serious flaws in certain areas of his game. But if he can do this sort of thing every week from now on it won't matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jesus. You know you're muck when you lose 22-9 at home to the Scarlets and the Scarlets have three yellow cards.

Edinburgh Rugby will surely go bang if they lose the HEC money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Buer wrote: »
    Jesus. You know you're muck when you lose 22-9 at home to the Scarlets and the Scarlets have three yellow cards.

Which would be really bad for the Pro12 imo.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »

Aye they're shocking. Had money on them because I figured Scarlets were away and had just lost to the Dragons. Bastards!

I think the money will be there. And they SHOULD be a good team. They just need a good sorting out.

Just had a quick flick through Edinburghs home attendance figures for the last few years.

Tonights attendance would have been higher than most of their attendances for the 09/10 to 11/12 seasons!

Glasgow won again tonight to make it 5 from 5.

They've beaten some of their close competitors too, both Ulster and Lanelli away and then Leinster at home.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Glasgow won again tonight to make it 5 from 5.

They've beaten some of their close competitors too, both Ulster and Lanelli away and then Leinster at home.

I'll be very interested to see how they get on at Toulon next week.

Sure will be.

I'd say they're in with at least a good shout of the Amlin if not one of the best second placed QF qualifiers.

Zebre drew with Lanelli tonight, could possibly even have won it.

They're now in 10th on 7 points. That's 3 ahead of Edinburgh and Connacht. Edinburgh are currently beating Treviso and Connacht play away to Leinster tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Very tight at the top of the league . Leinster really need a BP win to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Very tight at the top of the league . Leinster really need a BP win to keep up.

Ah jaysus, I don't know about that. A standard win would see only four points between the top five. Even if they lose, I don't think there's any question about Leinster not making the playoffs. We're only six games into a long season.
    We are seeing a definite top five sides tough.

Does anyone know what happened to Faletau tonight? I heard he hurt his neck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

errlloyd wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened to Faletau tonight? I heard he hurt his neck.

Won't hear until the scan results are out, but the Dragons staff seem optimistic. He took a bang to the head while tackling Eli Walker and was stretchered off.

Advertisement