Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Thanks - ordered this morning from eglobal ! Hoping for a speedy turn around without VAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Thanks - ordered this morning from eglobal ! Hoping for a speedy turn around without VAT!

Bought a Note 9 from them a few weeks ago. Also a S9+ couple months back. Delivery times might vary. The S9+ took a week and the Note 2 weeks. I would have no problem dealing with them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

TheSheriff wrote: »

Good luck with that. I'm waiting 3 weeks now and getting various courier/customs excuses each day. Can't even give me a rough estimate for delivery.

Good luck with that. I'm waiting 3 weeks now and getting various courier/customs excuses each day. Can't even give me a rough estimate for delivery.

It arrived this morning - so just two weeks from order to delivery.

Haven't seen it in action yet as its a gift, but opened it up to have a quick look at the build quality. Wow!!!! Very impressive for a phone at this price point.

Finally got this up and running this eve - cracker of a phone.

One thing is annoying me tough, after updating to the last android, the "system" files are taking up a huge 12gb of storage? I don't think the other half would even notice this, but does anyone know why?

Is this similar on others devices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

My system storage is at 14gb but got 64gb version so not really bothered about it, plenty of space left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BopNiblets wrote: »
    My system storage is at 14gb but got 64gb version so not really bothered about it, plenty of space left.
    Try running the Android Files Go app to clear up space. I have the 32GB version with 95 apps installed and have 10GB left over (with 12GB reserved for system). Ideally, with apps... you should have at least 40-50GB left. Go to Settings > Storage and see whats using your space. See below:

KLI6ZzI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

Anyone get a fast car charger for the A2? I read that you need a Qualcomm 3.0, but where are people buying from? Any links would be appreciated.

glenq wrote: »
    Anyone get a fast car charger for the A2? I read that you need a Qualcomm 3.0, but where are people buying from? Any links would be appreciated.
    Any QC 3.0 charger will do, I got this one - it works great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CXHK4X3/

I previously got some of these from AliExpress if you've ever used it and don't mind waiting for a while for the delivery.
    They are QC 2.0 but I guess there's not that much of a charging difference (?)

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32786500251.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32786500251&productSubject=Quick-Charge-2-0-2-Port-Rapid-Wall-USB-Charger-UK-Power-Adapter-For-Samsung&spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1f8b4c4dHK87T6

• Advertisement

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I previously got some of these from AliExpress if you've ever used it and don't mind waiting for a while for the delivery.
    They are QC 2.0 but I guess there's not that much of a charging difference (?)

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32786500251.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32786500251&productSubject=Quick-Charge-2-0-2-Port-Rapid-Wall-USB-Charger-UK-Power-Adapter-For-Samsung&spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1f8b4c4dHK87T6
    That will be the same speed as the one in the box, you'll need a QC 3.0 for fast charging (about 45-60 minutes to full charge).

advertsfox wrote: »
    That will be the same speed as the one in the box, you'll need a QC 3.0 for fast charging (about 45-60 minutes to full charge).
    Ah, I never tried the one in the box as it wasn't a 3 pin plug, I'll scope some 3.0 ones out on AliExpress so.

This one looks decent, 2 ports:
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32829998720.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32829998720&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=8176amp-Fc3NazfEeG4X4DB8bMVcZQ1540561833390

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Hi all

Quick question. I don't see any option to sync to Mi Cloud under settings, am I missing something, a bit thick or has this come up before?

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Hi all

Quick question. I don't see any option to sync to Mi Cloud under settings, am I missing something, a bit thick or has this come up before?
    The A2 doesn't have it by default since it's Android One (stock) so you can download and install the Mi Cloud APK, then you'll have the option in accounts..

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/xiaomi-inc/mi-cloud/mi-cloud-5-1-1-release/mi-cloud-5-1-1-android-apk-download/

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Got this from honorbuy yesterday. According to the specs on their website it should support wifi a/b/g/n/ac.
    However it is only picking up 2.4ghz, no other network option available.
    Anyone else come across this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭tnegun

Is it uptodate? I had some oddness like this a few updates back also the hotspot didn't have the 5ghz option I forgot about it and checked now and its back.

Yes, just updated a few minutes ago but no change. Hotspot like you said is only giving 2.4 option.

bodonnell wrote: »
    Yes, just updated a few minutes ago but no change. Hotspot like you said is only giving 2.4 option.
    Solution online is to reset your SIM APN settings (and make sure SIM is in slot 1). Also, others seem to have the option back at random so if all else fails, do a full reset. It definitely has 5Ghz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭tnegun

bodonnell wrote: »

Odd mine definitely had the same issue but it resolved without any known interaction from me so I assumed an update did it

advertsfox wrote: »
    Solution online is to reset your SIM APN settings (and make sure SIM is in slot 1). Also, others seem to have the option back at random so if all else fails, do a full reset. It definitely has 5Ghz.
    Thanks, will try this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Anyone have to replace a screen on one of these A2s?
    OH dropped hers in water, and it now has vertical fades/lines on. The screen. Just wondering if a repair is feasible, or if anyone had got a damaged screen replaces (that's assuming it's the screen I suppose)

Anyone have to replace a screen on one of these A2s?
    OH dropped hers in water, and it now has vertical fades/lines on. The screen. Just wondering if a repair is feasible, or if anyone had got a damaged screen replaces (that's assuming it's the screen I suppose)
    What I like about these phones is the price of a new one is nearly the same cost as a screen repair online (with post / return costs) so I'd personally just purchase a new one as I don't know of any local vendors who's replace this screen and especially since it got water damage - that can delay any damage and in a week it could stop working.

Phone is still only €184 from Honorbuy with 2 day DHL shipping (total just over €200) and you can still sell the old phone on Adverts for spares / someone else to fix.

https://www.honorbuy.com/243-xiaomi-mi-a2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Goose81

My htc 10 which is less than a year old is destroyed, screen lifting up and battery shot, need rid. I like the size of it though and was looking at the A2 lite 4gb ram to replace it, looking at the benchmark the HTC is scoring twice as much nearly, I don't know if that can even be right but do you think I would notice a significant reduction in speed if I replaced it with the A2 lite..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I went from a 10 to the A2 Lite. Battery life like light and day...and I don't notice any significant performance slowdowns. I'd been with HTC flagship phones since the Desire. Will not go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Goose81

I went from a 10 to the A2 Lite. Battery life like light and day...and I don't notice any significant performance slowdowns. I'd been with HTC flagship phones since the Desire. Will not go back to them.

Brilliant thanks so much for the reply, exactly the same situation! The HTC 10 is comical, a flagship phone that back in the day retailed for absolutely huge money and this one in my hands is literally falling apart and the battery dies at 50% after a year. Would never buy HTC again

I'll defo make the switch, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Thinking of buying A2 Lite as present - can anyone tell me if it has FM radio? Confused as some reviews says yes, others no?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

BowWow wrote: »
    Thinking of buying A2 Lite as present - can anyone tell me if it has FM radio? Confused as some reviews says yes, others no?

Thanks.

Doesn't have FM radio. I have the a2 lite and would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thanks.

Here's the comparison between A2 & A2 lite:

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/89c210f661

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thanks.

Why not get Xiaomi note 5, has fm radio.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_(redmi_5_plus)-8959.php

• Advertisement

According to those specs listed by 'Invincible' the A2 Lite has a radio

Advertisement