Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

red flags

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

when you meet someone for the first time. what things about them make you dislike them

Narcissistic tendencies, someone who is up their own h*le and has this great sense of entitlement about them. Someone with a big, loud laugh, attention seekers, those type of people just don't bode well with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Your training excuse is nonsense. Do you go around accidentally breaking glasses when you pick them up? Do you constantly break door handles because you don't know your own strength?

48576053626_e54aec630f_o.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What is it about a miserable, mottled and vaguely mushroom shaped penis peering out from a thicket of greasy ginger pubes that repulses you so?

James Joyce, is that you!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Graces7 wrote: »
    and some are natural loners..happy in their skin.

Truth, I find it exceedingly more fûcking weird, those people who simply have about 1100 ‘friends’ on social media of whom 850 they haven’t met and they see about four regularly... ‘ ohhh there is that girl who I saw once in the Q at Aldi and I picked up her purse when she dropped it ‘ A D D ! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

People who are always smiling, in a good mood all the time....who smile at you as they speak with a cheesy grin on their gobs.....false as fuk, nobody can be that happy

..... they're usually sneaky types....who bad mouth you the second your back is turned

(from personal experience)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Picking their nose or scratching their hole all the time.

What about both at the same time, ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who flaunt their religious beliefs. I'm a practicing Christian with great faith but can't abide the Holy Joes who harp on continually about their 'church family' or 'faith family'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭screamer

A captain underpants.... where you can see underwear sticking out over trousers
    Can’t even dress themselves properly

Casey78 wrote: »
    A Dublin accent.

People who have a bog-warrior inferiority complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,819 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who take little things very seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

When someone is all questions but clam up when they get asked something in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,819 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your with somebody and they have to take ages getting ready to pop to the shop or out to collect a take-away. Sometimes they don't even have to exit the car but it requires lot's of make-up and hair straightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There is only one reason for an overly firm handshake and that is to prove how tough one is.

Your training excuse is nonsense. Do you go around accidentally breaking glasses when you pick them up? Do you constantly break door handles because you don't know your own strength?

If your handshake is "like a vice grip", it's because you like people to know how tough you are.
    A bit like needlessly telling you how long you've trained and how massive your grip strength is.

I wonder if your handshake is "like a vice grip" when you shake women's hands?
    Id say your mickey is about 2 inches. An angry little thing poking out from a thicket of ginger pubes. Would explain the pathetic hard man act anyway.

i'd say the mickey is long gone having wrenched it off himself with the vice like grip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

A limp handshake.

I wouldnt shake hands with anyone i dont know. God knows where their hands have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I wouldnt shake hands with anyone i dont know. God knows where their hands have been

why do you shake hands with peole you do know.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Same places as everyone else :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

There's a lot of angry people in this thread.

jcorr wrote: »
    There's a lot of angry people in this thread.

WHERE!!?? i'll ****in batter dem!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

WHERE!!?? i'll ****in batter dem!!!!

Well you'd want to do something rather than just sitting there giving out to me. The cheek of you.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Strumms wrote: »
    Type of person I dislike mostly is someone who is very free with casual criticism towards other people in front of me and or others.. that’s just a big fûck off red flag.
    Slagging off other people. You just know they'll turn on you when it suits.

Yeah, people who talk about pretty much everyone behind their back. It shows such a deep lack of character. And insecurity.

• Advertisement

jcorr wrote: »
    Well you'd want to do something rather than just sitting there giving out to me. The cheek of you.

Lol
    listen jim, you havent had a hit in 20 years, go back to area 51

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

why do you shake hands with peole you do know.

No why would I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Shaking hands is so 20th century, it's all fist bumps and fingerbangs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Shaking hands is so 20th century, it's all fist bumps and fingerbangs now.

I'm gonna Fingerbang-bang you into my life,
    Girl you like to fingerbang and it's all right!
    Cause I'm the king of Fingerbang, let's not fight,
    I'll just Fingerbang-bang you every night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Vegans and Vegetarians,,, talk about boring people.

People who drive Prius... should all be rounded up and shot.

Hipsters who think they are cool.. when all they are are bad fashion sense boring hairy weirdos.

Anyone who orders avocado anything...

Apart from that, I get to know people first..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Any man with a fashion beard. I hope it catches fire you smug-faced twat.

People who never stop talking about their children or worse still showing photos on their phones of them or the grandchildren ,I've no interest, if I'm out of the house either in work or socialing I don't want to talk about my kids or anyone else's,so boring, I don't even pretend to be interested anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,153 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

NSAman wrote: »

Hipsters who think they are cool.. when all they are are bad fashion sense boring hairy weirdos.

Anyone who holds lazy boring clichéd views like the above. Gives me the impression that they are slow witted, conservative and arrogant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Anyone who holds lazy boring clichéd views like the above. Gives me the impression that they are slow witted, conservative and arrogant.

And anyone who comments is an over opinionated, meddling, dim witted, aHole?

See anyone can say that... REF FLAG alert!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,309 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

NSAman wrote: »

Anyone who tries to ape the views of Jeremy Clarkson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Any man with a fashion beard. I hope it catches fire you smug-faced twat.

As opposed to what? Accidental beards or hobos who cant afford a razor?

Men have had fashionable beards since ever. the fashions have changed though.

As opposed to what? Accidental beards or hobos who cant afford a razor?

Men have had fashionable beards since ever. the fashions have changed though.

And surely anyone who scrapes the hair off their face daily with a blade is much more of a fashion victim than someone who does nothing with their facial hair.

Shaving is an active fashion statement.
    Having a beard is just not shaving and is passive.

It's hilarious how many people think that being clean shaven is not a fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when you're choking them and they start screaming for help really loudly..so obnoxious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When someone you meet shakes your hand and talks gushingly at you.
    That says "keep clear!"

People who use the term "brigade" to try to undermine anyone with a different opinion to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

People who blame others for their bad decisions - (don't take personal responsibility)

People who ask you for a favour the minute they meet you (they start the way they plan to continue)

People who complain about things

People who think it's OK to mistreat animals

Unfortunately you have to meet these people a few times before the red flags start blowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,288 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lads carrying bibles.

People who use the term "brigade" to try to undermine anyone with a different opinion to them.

Yeah, that brigade are awfully dismissive. Ignore them.

;)

Lads carrying bibles.

Handy when you’re stuck for something to light the fire with, not the phonebooks are a thing of the past.

They’re like vampires though. Don’t invite them in over the threshold and you’ll be alright.

Advertisement