Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In the interests of fairness, I gave it another go. Can see why people like it, but don't think it'll be a game for me. Last a while 2 minutes this time until I was sniped from God knows where.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I did give it a chance, but being killed in the first minute on my first try of the game doesn't leave me with a good impression. I'll be honest, I don't think these games are for me. I did head away from the crowd, pointed towards where i wanted to land and the glider opened automatically when I was close. Got to the ground as quick as possible, hopped off a car for a few seconds to get building materials and then got shot.

I'll probably give it a go when it's a full release again, but for now, it's not for me. I can see why people will like it, but at the moment, I'll give it a miss.

My own fault, I didn't research this game before playing it. Had I known it was an Alpha, I would never have tried it!

Giving it 60 seconds is hardly giving it a chance :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Should have went for a gun first instead of alerting everyone in the area by chopping a car. I like it, good game. What is an Alpha, excuse my ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »

I started playing Amnesia the other day. Walked into the first room, spent 45 seconds trying to open a closet, deleted game.
    To be fair it's not my type of game anyway but there's too many other games I could be playing rather than trying to open an in game cupboard.

I gave it another few minutes last night. Just not for me. As gimli said, too many other good games out at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

S What is an Alpha, excuse my ignorance

Pre release version of a game, a Beta should come out then a full release.

Nowadays its a full release with promises of patches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Server maintenance this morning.

Patch notes:
    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/1-7-1-patch-notes

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

What is an Alpha, excuse my ignorance

Alpha: Game release on Day 1
    Beta: Game release with a couple of other patches to fix main issues six months in
    Final Release: No more patches to fix buggy game, starting to turn attention to make sequel

Well, that's what it feels like nowadays:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Alpha: Game release on Day 1
    Beta: Game release with a couple of other patches to fix main issues six months in
    Final Release: No more patches to fix buggy game, starting to turn attention to make sequel

Well, that's what it feels like nowadays:P

Nah...

Its more like:

Alpha: We have this cool tech demo, but we ran out of money in the development so its up for sale now so we can finish planning and developing the rest of its features and content.

Beta: Yeah, pretty much the entire game is finished but the cost of a Q+A team far outweighs the cost of advertising a beta. So, we decided to let the community do the Q+A and make them feel like the contributed to development, while we map out the DLC content.

Release: Thanks for buying us some time Beta players. The DLC plans are finished and while that is being developed we will now get to those bugs you highlighted in the beta event.

Heh...

Alpha: Test the game for us

Beta: Test it again please

Full Release: Wait, it got to full release???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Epic are suing two players for cheating.
    These lawsuits have been filed for copyright infringement, contributing to copyright infringement, circumventing technological measures, and breach of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Epic are suing two players for cheating.

At first I thought it seemed a little harsh, it's only a game after all but yanno what, **** those guys for ****ing with the **** that I enjoy doing in my spare time. Boo cheaters.

pitchforks.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

You really have to give it more time to get a proper view of it. I’d agree with Potential-Monke in that I usually stay away from games in alpha or beta, but one of the lads wanted someone to team up with him on Fortnite. Glad I gave it a go.

My go to tactic is to be one of the last off the bus (the last 5 seconds). You can usually land in an area with nobody else and can scavenge till your hearts content.

Played a game yesterday where I made it to the last 5 before I even saw another player! Can’t say that was much fun, but it was an interesting game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

really enjoying this game! nice and relaxed for the first 5 minutes or so then BAM shotgun Mo'Fukers

SeanHarty wrote: »
    really enjoying this game! nice and relaxed for the first 5 minutes or so then BAM shotgun Mo'Fukers

Any Xbox one players online?

Any Xbox one players online?

Ps4 unfortunately mate

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Ps4 unfortunately mate

Sick of joining squads and the others killing me as soon as I land ha

I'm just playing in the solo mode, so haven't come across that problem yet, ill make sure to avoid unless I have a squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Downloaded this after Lord Aris gave it a try on stream, seems fun. But question is, does anyone play the other game mode or is it dead? I think its a co-op survival mode. Was scanning over a couple of streams on twitch and it seems nobody plays it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

This is a fantastic game but anyone thinking of playing should watch this video at least once beforehand...

I didn't realise this was an Alpha. So I should never have downloaded it...
    Rubbish. Hours and hours of entertainment for a cost of errrr... €0.00! I've only seen a few very minor graphic bugs and those were were patched within a day or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

I'm the same, so annoying. I was put in with a squad of 3 in a party. As soon as I got a good gun they just killed me and took my gear.

It's very annoying that there's no chat between teams in it unless you're in a party. Would prefer to play in the teams but not when this happens all the time.

Solo play is fun though, I changed my mind set from killing people to just staying alive and got into the top 10 3 times in a row. I do like the building concept, fun to block people when you get ambushed.

Scotty # wrote: »
    Rubbish. Hours and hours of entertainment for a cost of errrr... €0.00! I've only seen a few very minor graphic bugs and those were were patched within a day or two.

It's like, a personal opinion, man. I don't agree with Alphas, or even Betas.

IBrows89 wrote: »
    I'm the same, so annoying. I was put in with a squad of 3 in a party. As soon as I got a good gun they just killed me and took my gear.

It's very annoying that there's no chat between teams in it unless you're in a party. Would prefer to play in the teams but not when this happens all the time.

Solo play is fun though, I changed my mind set from killing people to just staying alive and got into the top 10 3 times in a row. I do like the building concept, fun to block people when you get ambushed.

True but you can't beat getting into a random party with genuine players and everyone helping out. Got in with a group of nordies the other day who were really into it. "Shots fired, West 116" are you hit? "Negative, anyone have eyes on 116?" I was in the pisses listening to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just like an Ubisoft E3 co-op gameplay reveal conference so.... the stories were true...

Just like an Ubisoft E3 co-op gameplay reveal conference so.... the stories were true...

You've lost me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

It's like, a personal opinion, man. I don't agree with Alphas, or even Betas.
    You're missing out. But hey, each to their own.

I would consider Fortnite to be more of an RC than Alpha or Beta. I've not come across any bugs in over a week and I've played a lot.

You've lost me

Wrong meme :(

Every recent Ubisoft MP release has nothing but faux scripted military 'bants' between the paid actors they have showcasing the game, similar to your post of "Shots fired west 116" charlie bravo alpha. :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,140 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not sure if correct use of meme.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not sure if correct use of meme.

Well, military talk, quote from Vietnam movie, it's a tenuous link I'll admit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Your Meme privileges have been revoked

Advertisement