Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

Edgware wrote: »
    Another beaut from Limerick on radio this evening. Homeless and put up in a hotel with six kids. No mention of a father and obviously no idea of contraception.
    A great little country

Sure movie stars live in hotels, some life!

• gmisk wrote: »
    She stole that waterford crystal for her kids as you well know!

Sure jimmys willy wanted a new mantle decoration. And sure god help her she’s only on 50 grand a year she couldn’t afford it. The government left her no other choice. She’s not to blame, she’s the victim here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

autumn2018 wrote: »
    wow thgis is the seconf completly unfair accusatio nagain me tinght
    i am ****tting my account a nd i wont be bac
    take care god bless :(

What da fuq?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,674 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

sightband wrote: »
    What da fuq?

Sorry, don't understand what you are saying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

I’ve come to the conclusion the whole Margaret Cash lifestyle is a business model. Every extra kid gets you extra money and more of a chance of getting a free house. Woman not too far away from me with 4 kids and now split up from partner with new man moved in. So now she’s getting all her benefits and maintenance every week in cash from the father of the kids. The new man will also be paying into the house. If they ‘decide’ to have a kid then she’s getting more money and trapping the new man aswell. She’s a winner all round from just basically being a slag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,827 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It'll stop when no longer profitable

Igotadose wrote: »
    It'll stop when no longer profitable

Not really sending the right signal when you have charts like this on citizensinformation.ie showing how much you can earn for up to 8 children as if it's a target to be met

gyWO88f.png

• fritzelly wrote: »
    Not really sending the right signal when you have charts like this on citizensinformation.ie showing how much you can earn for up to 8 children as if it's a target to be met

gyWO88f.png

to be fair it’s their job to show people what they are entitled to. Only a fcuking clown would look at it as some sort of goal to meet.

to be fair it’s their job to show people what they are entitled to. Only a fcuking clown would look at it as some sort of goal to meet.

Lotta clowns in Ireland it seems, even the official site just gives the figures per child

Lotta clowns in Ireland it seems, even the official site just gives the figures per child

Sure why do you think there’s circuses on so often. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Stan. wrote: »
    What size council house would you get if you had eight children?

An interesting question to ask any council that would answer honestly would be whether having 'a lot' (say 4+) children is actually beneficial or hinders their chances because none of the councils have a large stock of houses with more than 3-beds and they aren't focusing on building any either. They may have internal guidelines that a family of 8-9 may have to be housed in a house with at least 4,5 bedrooms.

Based on the amount of time Margaret has been on the list, she should in theory be expecting to be housed within the next 3-4 years but it's quite possible that her continuing to have more kids has / is affecting her chances of being housed.

Sure why do you think there’s circuses on so often. :pac:

I wonder if Cash is happy that she has met her quota with the on its way baby

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    An interesting question to ask any council that would answer honestly would be whether having 'a lot' (say 4+) children is actually beneficial or hinders their chances because none of the councils have a large stock of houses with more than 3-beds and they aren't focusing on building any either. They may have internal guidelines that a family of 8-9 may have to be housed in a house with at least 4,5 bedrooms.

Based on the amount of time Margaret has been on the list, she should in theory be expecting to be housed within the next 3-4 years but it's quite possible that her continuing to have more kids has / is affecting her chances of being housed.

Why kids should dictate the size of the house you are offered is beyond me - when I was a kid I shared a double bed in one room with my two brothers.
    I turned out alright (I think)

I wonder if Cash is happy that she has met her quota with the on its way baby

Who knows. I don’t think it necessarily caps at 8 either. I just don’t think anyone really expected someone to be crazy enough to have more than that :pac:

Who knows. I don’t think it necessarily caps at 8 either. I just don’t think anyone really expected someone to be crazy enough to have more than that :pac:

Shhh don't let em know you can actually have more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Calling it now, the Sun or another Irish tabloid is going to start treating her like a celebrity now and report on all her ramblings and protests. 98FM said of today's interview that it was their most controversal ever. I guarantee even after this latest news the media is now going to give her more attention instead of less!

f00ec78df483ca6c2109a8facbc8dcbc.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Calling it now, the Sun or another Irish tabloid is going to start treating her like a celebrity now and report on all her ramblings and protests. 98FM said of today's interview that it was their most controversal ever. I guarantee even after this latest news the media is now going to give her more attention instead of less!

f00ec78df483ca6c2109a8facbc8dcbc.png

She has to be on Dancing with the Stars in January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

autumn2018 wrote: »
    fair play to margaret for standin up to this governmant
    they don't care about the ordinary people they are up theyre in the aras eating their prawn sandwiiches and they whole lot of them shed be trun out and bring in a nev governemnt that puts the peopl efirst and the hole lot of them are good for nothin

What a load of rubbish.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Take a working man with a non-working spouse, no children, earning 50k, who first pays tax of around 10k on his income in 2018. He has a rent of 1500 a month which leaves his bank account the same day he gets paid, so like Margaret Cash he has an income of 50k a year, but after tax and rental payment, he has 22k.

If you want to compare a hard-working person getting up early every day to Margaret Cash, you can compare like with like.

So, a married person with a non-working spouse, earning 75k per year, pays tax of around 22k, leaving him with €52,649 per year, less 18k in rent, leaves him and his spouse after tax and rent with €34,649, less than Margaret Cash.

Now, if you or others heard of a man earning 75k a year robbing clothes from Pennys, what would you say?

Now, we have all heard Margaret Cash ranting about TDs outside the Dail and how the gubberment are all robbing her. So how does Margaret Cash compare to a TD?

TD's salary is €93,599. A single person, paying 6.5% pension contribution, as well as tax, on a TD's salary is left with €54,477 after tax and pension contribution.

http://services.deloitte.ie/tc/Results.aspx

Take away the rent of €1500 a month, 18k annually that he pays on the apartment he rents in Dublin and he is left with €36,477, a mere €477 more than Margaret Cash. However, unfortunately for him, I haven't included the pension levy, which when applied is another €6k approximately, which leaves him with €30k into his hand, a full €6k less than Margaret Cash.

If she were to run for election I might just give her a vote so that she can learn how the real world lives.

Look at the figures.

TD's salary is €93,599. A single person, paying 6.5% pension contribution, as well as tax, on a TD's salary is left with €54,477 after tax and pension contribution.

Take away the rent of €1500 a month, 18k annually that he pays on the apartment he rents in Dublin and he is left with €36,477, a mere €477 more than Margaret Cash. However, unfortunately for him, I haven't included the pension levy, which when applied is another €6k approximately, which leaves him with €30k into his hand, a full €6k less than Margaret Cash.

A single person working in the public service would have to earn around 100k to end up as well off as Margaret Cash. That is the real disgrace in Ireland because there are thousands and thousands of nurses and guards and firemen and teachers working their asses off every day, and they are not as well off as the likes of Margaret Cash, and they never get their forever home.

Add in the cost of the doctors visits that most working people are paying for and drugs etc, travelling to work expenses etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

the gubberment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

blanch152 wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish.

Look at the figures.

A single person working in the public service would have to earn around 100k to end up as well off as Margaret Cash. That is the real disgrace in Ireland because there are thousands and thousands of nurses and guards and firemen and teachers working their asses off every day, and they are not as well off as the likes of Margaret Cash, and they never get their forever home.

You can’t compare these hypothetical childless people with a parent of whatever many kids she has. Child benefit is 140 a month, payable to all your examples if they have kids. However it’s nowhere near enough to feed and clothe a child, never mind pay for any other activities they do.

Hell if the TD you mentioned had 7 kids, they’d qualify for the working family payment.

tobsey wrote: »
    You can’t compare these hypothetical childless people with a parent of whatever many kids she has. Child benefit is 140 a month, payable to all your examples if they have kids. However it’s nowhere near enough to feed and clothe a child, never mind pay for any other activities they do.

Hell if the TD you mentioned had 7 kids, they’d qualify for the working family payment.

Elephant in the room they are still working and paying a crap load in taxes so a little back in children's benefit is hardly begrudging
    Ms Cash pays nothing and gets everything for free

Actually she costs us a fortune with all the court appearances on top paid by yours truly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,590 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Was she out of cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Was she out of cash?

No. Her surname is Cash. That’s impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

gud 4 nuttin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭spookwoman

What about Cash in the Attic or Family Feud :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

She had no johnny cash in penny,s.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

What about she was hohhhhhhmlis ?
    Whadabow the wax in me left ear.

She robs €300 worth of clothing. Us idiots pay a few thousand for "Free" legal aid.
    But I'm hohmlissss your honour. Homeless ? say no more. The codeword is "homeless".

• Advertisement

Margaret Cash. Cash ? This has to be a click bait.
    Oh, I think I know her, is it Margaret Nocash from Tallaght ?
    Lovely woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Scoondal wrote: »
    She robs €300 worth of clothing. Us idiots pay a few thousand for "Free" legal aid.
    But I'm hohmlissss your honour. Homeless ? say no more. The codeword is "homeless".

Sick to my teeth hearing about this mythical homeless crisis.

It’s an entitlement crisis and that’s all.

Ireland needs to grow up and stop giving all these wasters time to spout their nonsense and lies.

Our “homeless” crisis will soon vanish into abyss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Autumn2018 do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sick to my teeth hearing about this mythical homeless crisis.

It’s an entitlement crisis and that’s all.

Ireland needs to grow up and stop giving all these wasters time to spout their nonsense and lies.

Our “homeless” crisis will soon vanish into abyss.

Its the people who are out working every day and having to pay their mortgage/rent that concern me.
    Prices in dublin are absolutely crazy and these are the people the government should be helping out not good for nothing layabouts who want a house near their family.
    Absolutely no one on welfare should be given a house anywhere in the city center. These properties are far too valuable and are needed to provide accommodation to workers when businesses are enticed to move here, especially with brexit looming.
    What business on earth would move to Dublin with the way things are at the moment? Your employees won't be able to rent or buy a house, and they'll probably have to do 2 hour commutes each way so that's a non-starter.
    We've already had finance houses saying not a chance when asked to review Dublin and have instead gone with Stuttgart or Frankfurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Blazer wrote: »
    Its the people who are out working every day and having to pay their mortgage/rent that concern me.
    Prices in dublin are absolutely crazy and these are the people the government should be helping out not good for nothing layabouts who want a house near their family.
    Absolutely no one on welfare should be given a house anywhere in the city center. These properties are far too valuable and are needed to provide accommodation to workers when businesses are enticed to move here, especially with brexit looming.
    What business on earth would move to Dublin with the way things are at the moment? Your employees won't be able to rent or buy a house, and they'll probably have to do 2 hour commutes each way so that's a non-starter.
    We've already had finance houses saying not a chance when asked to review Dublin and have instead gone with Stuttgart or Frankfurt.

Agree the priorities are all wrong.

The wasters get houses in prime locations close to the city centree while working people commute to Meath Kildare etc.

Left wing media and politicians giving into the sensationalist stories means the working people get no voice.

And run the risk of losing some of her credits? Or have to pay someone to mind da childer?

On a serious note, travellers are supposed to be tight knit families. I know her mum is dead, but where are the rest of her family? Why are they not helping her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,516 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

U gwan and stik it to de gubbernment. If yur childers needs a new jacka and u dont have de muney u do de rite ting and rob it. And no one wud fault a mother for robbin sum fud as well when the money the thievin basterd gubbernment gave u is allgon
    Bless u and those 12 little angels hun.

It's "angles". Duh.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,516 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

None of them, including this one. were for robbery.

Two, including this one, are for theft

But yeah make it sound like driving uninsured is a victimless crime :rolleyes:

We ALL pay for the Margaret Cashes of this world and not just in taxes.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

You know I don't expect nor rely on the extra 5 or 10 euro the budget brings me as an average industrial wage worker. Excluding 6 months following a redundancy in 2010, I have worked since leaving school in 1997 and I know that budgets and economic boom times don't necessarily transfer over to a big increase in wages. What does frustrate me is the sector of society which expect everything and more from the government just because the media isn't telling them we are in a recession.

I went for a walk last week around my town and while on this walk following my days work I observed a young couple with a baby in a buggy, chatting to another person. The 'dad' in this couple was very loudly spoken and had a thick Dublin accent, nothing wrong with this, I'm a Dub myself. What was obvious from hearing his voice however was that slurred speak that you might commonly hear from habitual drug users, aka junkies. When I got closer still I noted that this person had several tattoos, nothing wrong with this, I'm a fan of body art and the ingenious designs that can be created. The problem was that these tattoos were on his neck, cheek and forehead.

Now, what's the point of my ramble? Well in this case I made an assumption and that was that this person does not work, may never work and will likely be a continual draw on the social welfare system, a bit like the person whom this thread is about. And to go along with that thought, I will be the one paying for it along with my society contributing brothers and sisters (I mean every other taxpayer, not my actual family). As maddening as this is, nothing will change on that front in the foreseeable future, there won't be protests or Facebook posts sharing the disgraceful government. We'll all just be too busy contributing to society to have the time to do it, or secondly risk the possible shame of speaking such views openly in case we are branded as the next Trump.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How can someone have 37 road traffic convictions ?

You loose your licence after 12 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Culture,boss....

• Advertisement

That’s probably why she had to get the bus to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

You know how much a worker on e30,000 got back this budget delly? Less than e1 a week IIRC! This left leaning government , lead by that snake is a disgrace!

I want to know how, in a country with **** health service , infrastructure, housing crisis etc etc etc. funny how we can afford and tolerate an insane welfare spend! Then tax low income workers at the marginal rate , 50% of their earning over that pittance of an amount. The working poor being robbed to pay the workshy wasters who are probably living a better standard of living. Guaranteed income, no commute, no job , f*ck them!

Make sure you go out and vote for more of the same though at election time. Number one to Leo and his band of snakes!

• from where I’m sitting Leo has done a far better job than any of the prior leaders. He inherited a **** setup, same as with Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Traveller women make up a big percentage of the female prison population. Traveller men it seems are more honest individuals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/disproportionate-number-of-travellers-in-prison-population-1.3263524%3fmode=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Yeah according to one crowd he's a thatcherite (apparently extolling the virtues of getting up early for work makes you a big hyper capitalist monster) and according to another crowd he's a leftie! Which is it?

You can be sure it's neither. He's as in the centre as can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Ha, she has a licence to lose???

Only if its free from the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

€50,000 a year would go a long way, when you are living in free accommodation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,317 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

from where I’m sitting Leo has done a far better job than any of the prior leaders. He inherited a **** setup, same as with Obama.

He replaced Enda. So did Enda leave him the **** setup?

He's doing just ok in my opinion but he needs to stop telling lies ans exaggerating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

KevinCavan wrote: »
    €50,000 a year would go a long way, when you are living in free accommodation.

Except it's not €50,000 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

He replaced Enda. So did Enda leave him the **** setup?

He's doing just ok in my opinion but he needs to stop telling lies ans exaggerating.

Regardless of who is in the hot seat,no one has tackled the issue of the blight of travellers on society.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement