Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

yeah dude the final was a really good battle, and the guy said he can 99% guaranteed there be a tournament at eirtakon, also id very much so like a rematch

if there is a tournement sure. rematch ? sorry which opponenet were you since i don't know who the ppl are on the boards. really need to work on knowledge on pokemon. But yeah i'm looking forward to the next pokemon battle now ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I hope there's an Eirtakon tournament. I'll feel weird cosplaying as a Pokémon that's not on my team though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

chueytoo wrote: »
    if there is a tournement sure. rematch ? sorry which opponenet were you since i don't know who the ppl are on the boards. really need to work on knowledge on pokemon. But yeah i'm looking forward to the next pokemon battle now ^^

im the guy who beat wailord guy, i believe we played each other in the semi's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Urizen wrote: »
    I hope there's an Eirtakon tournament.

What's with everyone and their hoping? It's happening FFS!!!
    I'll feel weird cosplaying as a Pokémon that's not on my team though :P

Explain more...

I'll feel weird cosplaying as a Pokémon that's not on my team though :P

im also intrigued......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Just a little idea for Eirta's Pokemon tournament. Seeing as how the last one took so long, why not just do a normal tournament setting.

1. Groups, Top 2 Qualify, All matches played DS vs DS
    2. Last 16-32 etc, Still play on DS
    3. When 8 competitors remain, then switch to PBR.
    4. Continue until winner is announced.

No hassle, tournament would finish in 2-2.5 hours. Noms PKMN tournament was just tedious just sitting around waiting for your name to be called, & watching EVERY match really took up the time of the day.

Not criticising, just throwing an idea out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Prakhabar chooses you pikachu!

pralaybakshi.jpg

im the guy who beat wailord guy, i believe we played each other in the semi's

oh yeah i remember you now. that was a good battle. I was worried about your metagross that took out wailord. yeah i would love to have a rematch with ya :D

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Explain more...

Have I not mentioned before that I'm attending as an Umbreon?

And I don't use it, my Luxray's Crunch serves all my Dark-Type needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'll put this out there as food for thought on my views on the Nom Con tournament.

I expected players to have some knowledge of competitive play, even if it's just from the in-game battle tower. I also planned on having a simplified version of the VGC rulings with Sleep Clause for good measure.

Instead I get loads of queries on "how do I make sure I get to play with my friend whom I made my Doubles team with?". "What's a Double Battle?", and other really noobish questions that made me seriously question my sanity. Don't get me wrong, noob questions are good, but the sheer volume of them was mind boggling. It made me wonder did anyone (with the exception of Boards.ies) actually play the game at all.

Playing matches DS to DS is fine as long as everyone all has Pokemon of the same level. Trust me on this, unless it is drilled into every player months before, they wouldn't. DPP games don't have an auto level setting outside wi-fi. HGSS have, but it only works on HGSS games. So unless a level cap is set in advance, be prepared for questions like "why can't I use my Tyranitar?".

In short, make an FAQ and just lol at the number of players that wouldn't read it and email you simple questions over and over and over again.

/end Nom Con tournament topic

Have I not mentioned before that I'm attending as an Umbreon?

Oh yea, forgot about that :P
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Just a little idea for Eirta's Pokemon tournament. Seeing as how the last one took so long, why not just do a normal tournament setting.

1. Groups, Top 2 Qualify, All matches played DS vs DS
    2. Last 16-32 etc, Still play on DS
    3. When 8 competitors remain, then switch to PBR.
    4. Continue until winner is announced.

No hassle, tournament would finish in 2-2.5 hours.

Except that there's only a max. of 2 hours available, so it will be single elimination all the way through, although it really all does depend on numbers on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

If we'd had even 1 extra Wii and host on the day it could have cut the time the tournament took in half, though I'm sure that's easier to say than arrange.

oh yeah i remember you now. that was a good battle. I was worried about your metagross that took out wailord. yeah i would love to have a rematch with ya :D

yeah he worked quite well untill your damned ninetails ohko'd it, i really was expecting him to be able to take atleast one hit but i guess not

elekid wrote: »
    If we'd had even 1 extra Wii and host on the day it could have cut the time the tournament took in half, though I'm sure that's easier to say than arrange.

yeah i like the idea of extra wii's rather than ds to ds battles, it would just make it more exciting, but yeah its trying to organize 2 or even 3 more wii's and then there's space to put them and tv's too

SamIamNot and I are having an Unofficial Pokemeet in the usual place now if anyone would like to partycrash at super short notice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How long will you's be? Might fly in!

I'll put this out there as food for thought on my views on the Nom Con tournament.

I expected players to have some knowledge of competitive play, even if it's just from the in-game battle tower. I also planned on having a simplified version of the VGC rulings with Sleep Clause for good measure.

Instead I get loads of queries on "how do I make sure I get to play with my friend whom I made my Doubles team with?". "What's a Double Battle?", and other really noobish questions that made me seriously question my sanity. Don't get me wrong, noob questions are good, but the sheer volume of them was mind boggling. It made me wonder did anyone (with the exception of Boards.ies) actually play the game at all.

Playing matches DS to DS is fine as long as everyone all has Pokemon of the same level. Trust me on this, unless it is drilled into every player months before, they wouldn't. DPP games don't have an auto level setting outside wi-fi. HGSS have, but it only works on HGSS games. So unless a level cap is set in advance, be prepared for questions like "why can't I use my Tyranitar?".

In short, make an FAQ and just lol at the number of players that wouldn't read it and email you simple questions over and over and over again.

/end Nom Con tournament topic

I assume i'm one of thos guys, lol can't even tell the difference between my own moves lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

@ChrisD

You said it it's all about numbers. TBH i was stretching it with 2.5 hours. Minimal time could be like 30 mins even.

Where do the usual meets take place?

Usual meetups happen when a date is decided at 12:30 at the spire :)

I assume i'm one of thos guys, lol can't even tell the difference between my own moves lol.
    If I remember correctly you signed up on the day and didn't cause too much trouble. I'd happily have you again. You have much to learn young grasshopper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

i only learned about nom-com the day after it happened :confused:

I'm going to make a daring suggestion for the next meet up since it came up in a chat recently. How about next meet up people bring any Pokemon TCG decks they have and test them out in Eddies?

I'm certainly up for that. Gonna have to check which of my cards are legit first. So many 1st ed shiny Rockets...

So... Meetup anyone?

So... Meetup anyone?
    I'm up for most days :)

Will it involve sushi? :)

Will it involve sushi? :)
    And Miso Soup? ^_^

And Miso Soup? ^_^

Yamamori's it is then!!!

This Saturday then?

This Saturday then?
    I'm good with Saturday, but depending on group size Yamamori's may not be great/affordable for all. It's something to keep in mind :)

• Advertisement

Well I was just thinking meet at the spire as usual and then take it from there where everyone wants to go.

My girlfriend is just back from America on Saturday...hope she doesn't mind if i skive off...:P

but depending on group size Yamamori's may not be great/affordable for all. It's something to keep in mind :)

Then we could drop by Sushi King on Dawson St. :pac:
    popzmaster wrote: »
    My girlfriend is just back from America on Saturday...hope she doesn't mind if i skive off...:P

Bring her along :p

Then we could drop by Sushi King on Dawson St. :pac:

Bring her along :p

Tut she hasn't even beat red in HG yet :P

But we have been meaning to go get some sushi so I might just

popzmaster wrote: »
    Tut she hasn't even beat red in HG yet :P

Meh, neither have I :P

Meh, neither have I :P

Guh, loser :p

Guh, loser :p

*inserts malicious code into the DCU Paranormal Society website*
    You were saying? :P

*inserts malicious code into the DCU Paranormal Society website*
    You were saying? :P

... Touche, good sir

Saturday? Usual time?
    I'll probably arrive at the LUAS at Abbey St. around 1240 (bar any unforseen delays) so maybe start walking down :P

Also, **** yea for train line, I can get a train near the same time I'd usually get a bus and actually arrive in town much much earlier!

• Advertisement

Yeah I think we'll go with saturday.

The weather is set for rain tomorrow. If it's raining shall I suggest huddling with the other members of the public at the GPO?

Yeh cool :) Ima be there anyway.

Anyone have an Electrizer, Magmarizer and a Shiny Stone available for tomorrow? I'd yoink them off my Platinum ROM, but I can't seem to find my flashcart anywhere...

Anyone have an Electrizer, Magmarizer and a Shiny Stone available for tomorrow? I'd yoink them off my Platinum ROM, but I can't seem to find my flashcart anywhere...
    I should have them in my vast database of games, I'll sort you out :)

Can't make it today folks, cash situation is critical...see you all at the league in october tho :(

• Advertisement

Anyone game for a meet up this Saturday?

I have one of those feelings I should be doing something this saturday but if not definitely! Also would anyone be interested in going to the Game On exhibition on the Ambassador theatre? The have a whole Pokémon section :D

I have one of those feelings I should be doing something this saturday but if not definitely! Also would anyone be interested in going to the Game On exhibition on the Ambassador theatre? The have a whole Pokémon section :D
    Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah! Gamesgamesgamesgamesgamesgamesgames!!

S'pose.

Whole Pokémon section??? Not 3 bad!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement