Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon league! Meet ups every Tuesday 6-9pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

cloud493 wrote: »
    Wish I'd know about this before =< Can I come to the next one of these meet ups? I always need someone to trade with and talk pokemon with.
    We never turned anyone down before, can't see it happening now. Welcome to the Boards.ies Pokemon Family :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Awesome => I adore Pokemon. And the Internet. Perhaps equally.

The meetup proposed last night for Tuesday, I can't make now. We have a family friend coming up with a car to help organise the traffic cones for the parking suspension. She's also going to help us with any bulky items that need to be shifted (charity bags etc). This move is chaotic :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

The meetup proposed last night for Tuesday, I can't make now. We have a family friend coming up with a car to help organise the traffic cones for the parking suspension. She's also going to help us with any bulky items that need to be shifted (charity bags etc). This move is chaotic :/

Have you got a date yet or are you still in moving limbo??

popzmaster wrote: »
    Have you got a date yet or are you still in moving limbo??
    We have a date, my one way flight to London is Thursday 2nd. We have found an awesome bungalow/flat so hopefully we can move in as soon as the minor renovations are done [/off topic] :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

If anyone is intersted or around dublin city centre 2moro, My bro and I will be in gamersworld on Jervis St for a while. We both play TCG and the Videogames so if you want to battle/trade/talk pokemon we'll be around for a couple of hours around 2ish.

Hope to see some people there.

If anyone is intersted or around dublin city centre 2moro, My bro and I will be in gamersworld on Jervis St for a while. We both play TCG and the Videogames so if you want to battle/trade/talk pokemon we'll be around for a couple of hours around 2ish.

Hope to see some people there.

Bro thats a very admirable sentiment and fair play, but good luck to that man, even on league nights you'd be lucky to have like 4 people. :P
    Keep an eye on this thread for the next league meet-up tho, it will recommence after christmas and theirs a chance to win super h4xy cards! :D

My hubby has booked me on a flight on Wednesday 15th to finish up a few things in the Dubland. I was wondering if anyone would be around to meet for a hot choccy/cheesy chips during the day time. Don't worry if you can't make it, I just thought I'd post it up here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

It's 50/50 with me, I have to see what happens Monday if I can go or not. But what time would you be looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If you can bug me the night before, or in the morning, I'm sure I'll come in.

• Advertisement

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    It's 50/50 with me, I have to see what happens Monday if I can go or not. But what time would you be looking at?
    My flight gets me in at 9.45am, but I will have to go back to my Dub Gaff to collect leftover post, post the Christmas cards I left on the table (d'oh!) and tie up any loose ends in the flat. That shouldn't take any longer than 12 midday. After that I'm pretty much killing time until getting the bus back to the airport for 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I hope to be in Dublin that day, depending if I can get the time off work.

Hey so I'll be able to meet up on Wednesday no bother. Is there a particular time that suits most?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Hell, I'll go too. Assignment's not due till Friday :D

So how does one suit people?

One is fine for me. Although I wonder if Mairéad's seen this thread since she last posted!

I've been in touch with her, she knows to meet up at one. So by the Spire then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

One is fine. See you then

TheChrisD wrote: »
    One is fine for me. Although I wonder if Mairéad's seen this thread since she last posted!
    I see it now, as there is internets at the airport. I wouldn't have real internet or Wi-fi until it's installed in Mid-January. We have a plug in dongle thing that has a daily limit cap thing-thingy, I don't really know how it works...

I will be around today at 1pm. Need to buy Barry's Tea, the English tea is shockingly sh!te!

ah boo-urns!!! I only see this now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm without internet at the moment so will only be online every now and again! :(

I'm without internet at the moment so will only be online every now and again! :(
    I feel your pain!!

Happy Christmas to all our mad Irish Pokeplayers, may your next wild battle be a shiny!

Okay lets try and keep the show on the road folks! Although I can't commit to anything until Sunday would anyone be interested in a meet up next week. As far as I know I can do any day/time except Tuesday afternoon.

Well I'm completely busy this weekend, so the weekend after next?

Actually, scratch that, my Sunday appears to have opened up, if anyone wants to try then.

Can't make this Sunday, but I could meet up any day/time other than Tuesday morning (dentist, can meet up after that, like 1ish?), Thursday and Saturday(this is due to work) I may be able to meet up in the eveing though. Like after 6.30p.m. But during the week would suit me better. I know some of us are back to school unfortunatly! I feel like I need a good old TCG Match!

So, tomorrow or not guys?

I think it's safe to say that there's going to be no meetup today :(

So rather than a day or twos notice just thought I'd see if there was anyone free to meet up next week? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday(up till 5) and maybe Sunday I'm free to meet up, unless something comes up last minute!

I'm generally busy all week bar one weekend day so yeah :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I'm gonna be in Dublin on Saturday anyway (going to a book signing thing). Only day I'll realistically be able to go up.

So, anyone up for this Saturday? Usual drill(peck) of 12 at the Spire? Excitement, adventure, really wild things?

Grr can't... I have to be in work for two. Wish I could though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't, friend's birthday celebrations that day =/

I'm out, 'tis my grandad's 80th so I'll be partying it up with the elderly!

I'm out, 'tis my grandad's 80th so I'll be partying it up with the elderly!

I say we all just crash that :P

• Advertisement

Urizen wrote: »
    I say we all just crash that :P
    Crash it with Blue and Red versions on the Game Boy Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Why not have a couple of weeks after BW are out, try out the new teams on each other?

It's mid-tem this week so I'll have a bit more free time in the afternoons if anyone's around during the week!

It's mid-tem this week so I'll have a bit more free time in the afternoons if anyone's around during the week!

Like when? I'm gonna go with the grace of the gods method of exam passing again, lectures are not a priority :P

Urizen wrote: »
    Like when? I'm gonna go with the grace of the gods method of exam passing again, lectures are not a priority :P

Any day any time after 1 except Wednesdays

• Advertisement

Ok. Meetup, morning of the launch, in town. Who's interested?

I would go only that I plan to get the game as soon as possible and then spend all day playing it!!
    But if enough people are going I might try and make it in!

I'll clarify :P

I mean we go in in the morning to get it. I know many peeps aren't getting from Game or HMV, but ya'll can come keep us company.

Well, I won't be buying since I'll be awaiting my Amazon order, but I could probably drop in on the Friday morning.

Any idea how many people will be around? Any other plans for the day?

Well, I'll be trying out my Umbreon hoodie, if laughing at ridiculous clothing sounds fun?

I'll have my mocks that day, however I don't think I'm in until the afternoon so could pop in for an hour

http://twitter.com/#!/CrackBIRDdublin/status/41784816038846464

Well, I just managed to score four of us for some free food at 12 that day, so people better come in :D

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Well, I just managed to score four of us for some free food at 12 that day, so people better come in :D

Que?

Read the tweet. There's this pop-up restaurant in Temple Bar that I've been hearing rave reviews about - and they give six free tables every day to people who book them via Twitter :P

Awesome sauce.

• Advertisement
Advertisement