Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

I've a one plus 7 Pro and they're fairly bullet proof

This is definitely wierd ....but you can try this method and lets see if it works.. power off> hold power and volume down button> wait till oneplus logo goes then let go of the button> then ull see the pattern or pin lock which u have set> enter it> u can see options wipe cache erase etc> click wipe cache only and clear it> then reboot> it should work after this.
    It could also be ur adapter is not functioning or not giving the amps for the mobile to charge if u can try the charger on a different mobile and see if its working..
    Hope it helps and please let me know if it works

Ps that's a screen grab from a one plus 7 Pro forum .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Its the op7 pro. I will give it a good clean tonight and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

This is definitely wierd ....but you can try this method and lets see if it works.. power off> hold power and volume down button> wait till oneplus logo goes then let go of the button> then ull see the pattern or pin lock which u have set> enter it> u can see options wipe cache erase etc> click wipe cache only and clear it> then reboot> it should work after this.
    It could also be ur adapter is not functioning or not giving the amps for the mobile to charge if u can try the charger on a different mobile and see if its working..
    Hope it helps and please let me know if it works

Ps that's a screen grab from a one plus 7 Pro forum .

I'm guessing he cannot do this as the battery is dead?

SickBoy wrote: »
    I'm guessing he cannot do this as the battery is dead?

Didn't think 🀔, reckon there's a lot of gunk in there, and hopefully that'll sort it,
    Checked the one plus 7 forums and can't really find much reference charging problems

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Feck that's hard lines,,, is it the charging port not working?
    If so that can get bunged up with dust, hair etc etc
    Can be cleaned out, tooth pick etc etc
    SickBoy wrote: »
    I bet this is it.
    Stuffing in and out of your pocket over time jams the dust and lint into the socket and plugging in the USB cable wedges it in there. Eventually it prevents the connector going in far enough to charge the device.

That's interesting - I've been having problems with the charging port on my OnePlus 7T.

When I push in the cable it connects but doesn't fast charge unless I push it extra firmly. I've been planning on sending it to OnePlus but it sounds like a bit of DIY might sort it. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

That's interesting - I've been having problems with the charging port on my OnePlus 7T.

When I push in the cable it connects but doesn't fast charge unless I push it extra firmly. I've been planning on sending it to OnePlus but it sounds like a bit of DIY might sort it. Cheers

Sometimes it gets so bad that no matter what you put in then it becomes impossible to get the stuff out. I had the same problem with my 7 Pro and whilst toothpick allowed me to get a little out, it was only a temporary fix. I tried compressed air, toothpick and kiddies toothbrush and everything and still I had to do all sorts of gymnastics with the wire to create right kind of pressure and angle of the cable to get it to warp charge.

The good thing about the Pro 8 is they have wireless charging that is just as fast as the cabled charging so even if you have problems with that socket, you have another option for a reliable charge rather than having to put the phone on charge, not touch it for ages because if you do it'll take you another 5-10 minutes buggering around to get the blasted thing to warp charge again.

I am due an upgrade soon the phone has 24 month warranty so I'm going to probably send the phone back to OnePlus to RMA it, fix it and sell it once i have my new phone (Maybe a OP9Pro if it's out soon) I don't really want to RMA it at the moment because I'm working in the UK and with Brexit and everything it could take forever as apparently they go back to the EU and OnePlus have said to expect delays.

devnull wrote: »
    Sometimes it gets so bad that no matter what you put in then it becomes impossible to get the stuff out. I had the same problem with my 7 Pro and whilst toothpick allowed me to get a little out, it was only a temporary fix. I tried compressed air, toothpick and kiddies toothbrush and everything and still I had to do all sorts of gymnastics with the wire to create right kind of pressure and angle of the cable to get it to warp charge.

The good thing about the Pro 8 is they have wireless charging that is just as fast as the cabled charging so even if you have problems with that socket, you have another option for a reliable charge rather than having to put the phone on charge, not touch it for ages because if you do it'll take you another 5-10 minutes buggering around to get the blasted thing to warp charge again.

I am due an upgrade soon the phone has 24 month warranty so I'm going to probably send the phone back to OnePlus to RMA it, fix it and sell it once i have my new phone (Maybe a OP9Pro if it's out soon) I don't really want to RMA it at the moment because I'm working in the UK and with Brexit and everything it could take forever as apparently they go back to the EU and OnePlus have said to expect delays.

Thankfully its not reported as a fault too often, wireless charging is a handy extra to fall back on

So i got an old toothbrush and went mad and what do you know it charges now. Gonna back up my phone now thanks all

Nolars wrote: »
    So i got an old toothbrush and went mad and what do you know it charges now. Gonna back up my phone now thanks all

Happy days

Half thinking to send it off to op and get it fixed properly and sell it. Whats the good value phone at the moment? Op8pro is a mad price

• Advertisement

Nolars wrote: »
    Half thinking to send it off to op and get it fixed properly and sell it. Whats the good value phone at the moment? Op8pro is a mad price

S20 plus I got for e639 before Christmas, that should drop a bit within a month or so
    Non5G

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Another toothpick success story here. Thanks to those of you that suggested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The microphone went on my pro recently, it's about 18 months old. I got onto OnePlus about a repair which was approved the next day, I then had to schedule a pickup with UPS for it to be sent to Poland. It was picked up on a Friday and I had it back the following Thursday.

I'd be impressed enough with that but UPS actually slowed things down considerably. They picked it up on Friday but then just kept it in Dublin until Monday morning, and I was supposed to have it back on the Wednesday originally but UPS then changed it to Thursday late that day. I can't really fault those timelines anyway, but it you're scheduling a repair you're best to have it picked it up on Monday so you'll have a decent chance of getting it back the same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

7T Pro (from day one more or less) here who's also had the OP 1 and OP 5 which is actually still fully charged and ready for action as a backup if needed.

My 7T Pro is still flying along and holding a good charge etc.

Don't think I'll upgrade to another OP until the feature set includes:-

- Wireless Charging
    - Lighter form factor (the 7T Pro weighs a ton relative to competitors)
    - Longer / better battery
    - IPX7 (settle for IPX5)
    - 5G (not a deal breaker)

The difficulty I have justifying another OP phone is that if the price is within 10-15% of the top end equivalent Samsung I think I'd switch back to Samsung who's phones I used (and flashed ROM's etc onto) for years before OP came along with their super value OP 1.

Another toothpick success story here. Thanks to those of you that suggested it.

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hey all I had charging problems lately on a 7t.I tried the toothpick method but it didn't help and then yesterday the phone stoped charging. So today I got the charging port replaced for €50 in lucan in Dublin. Great service and only took 40mins. https://techhelp.ie I asked had he more and he said he had. So if any of ya,s need a port replacement iv posted a link. Hope it helps someone

Mine is due to come back tomorrow via courier after being repaired by SBE.

The repair report reads
    Fault Reported:
    The device had a charging problem.

Fault Found:
    Charging problem via cable

Report:
    During our tests we uncovered an issue on your device and have now fixed this. It is a slightly different fault to the one you initially described, but if two problems occur on a device they are often connected, so you should find that your initial issue has also stopped.

Some extra details about what we have done are included below.

What we have done.
    - Updated your device's software to the latest version.
    - Checked that the device meets your manufacturer's standards.
    - Checked that the device switches on fully.
    - Checked that your device can make and hold a call.
    - Checked that the device charges properly

Weird they didn't actually state what they did to resolve the charging issue. I hope that they have done more than simply update the software else it's going to have to go back again.

Hopefully they tested it WARP charges as well rather than just normal charges.

Mine is due to come back tomorrow via courier after being repaired by SBE.

The repair report reads

Weird they didn't actually state what they did to resolve the charging issue. I hope that they have done more than simply update the software else it's going to have to go back again.

Hopefully they tested it WARP charges as well rather than just normal charges.

From what I'm reading is you'd a faulty lead, surely you tried a different charge lead?
    Ref software update feckin hell? 😂

From what I'm reading is you'd a faulty lead, surely you tried a different charge lead?
    Ref software update feckin hell? ��

It wasn't a faulty lead, as the lead works with other phones and another warp charger had the same problem as I have two, one for office and one for home.

The socket was very loose on my phone that I sent back, the charge lead kept falling out but both locked firmly into place on any other phones.

It was also on the latest software so not sure how they updated it!

It wasn't a faulty lead, as the lead works with other phones and another warp charger had the same problem as I have two, one for office and one for home.

The socket was very loose on my phone that I sent back, the charge lead kept falling out but both locked firmly into place on any other phones.

It was also on the latest software so not sure how they updated it!

Suppose they had to justify the charge, doesen't matter as long as its working

• Advertisement

Suppose they had to justify the charge, doesen't matter as long as its working

Came back today and clearly has had a new charger port fitted by looking at the bottom of it, all nice and shiny and the lead doesn't move at all when in and clicks nicely like new, so seems that SBE did a good job with it.

They also appear to have done a spring clean of everything and according to the battery analysis I've just done, looks like there's a new battery been put inside the device too.

Didn't pay a charge, was covered by OnePlus.

One last question - is there a way of checking if the device is simlocked to a network without putting another sim in?

One last question - is there a way of checking if the device is simlocked to a network without putting another sim in?

Doubt it unless you bought it via VF etc and applied for the unlock code etc, or it came that way - should be in the description when bought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Enter the IMEI here that will tell you

http://www.imei.info/

NATLOR wrote: »
    Enter the IMEI here that will tell you

http://www.imei.info/

I don't see anything on the entries there that specified whether it's locked or not.

Doubt it unless you bought it via VF etc and applied for the unlock code etc, or it came that way - should be in the description when bought

It was a phone that was acquired through EE in the UK. It was supposed to be a OnePlus 7 Pro but it was sold out so they sent a OnePlus 7 Pro 5G in it's place which came in a regular OnePlus retail box with an EE sim a day later.

That makes me think there is a strong chance it is actually unlocked, but I want to actually test it. All the other sims I have are not nano, so I can't just shove another sim in there to work it out.

EE say they can't unlock it as it's not down as one of their handsets that they have supplied, probably related to what I have said in the first paragraph. Their online unlocking tool also rejects a request for an unlock code because whilst it identifies it as a Oneplus 7 Pro 5G, it doesn't identify it as an EE device.

devnull wrote:
    I don't see anything on the entries there that specified whether it's locked or not.

It should show carrier status. I used it a few weeks back to check if a new still unwrapped phone was unlocked

NATLOR wrote: »
    It should show carrier status. I used it a few weeks back to check if a new still unwrapped phone was unlocked

Nope, I don't see that entry.

I see all the specifications of the phone on the right

On the left the only info I see is

IMEI.info:
    7 PRO 5G
    OnePlus
    (followed by IMEI number broken down)

Nope, I don't see that entry.

I see all the specifications of the phone on the right

On the left the only info I see is

IMEI.info:
    7 PRO 5G
    OnePlus
    (followed by IMEI number broken down)

It may have been another one I used they all have similar names. if you google IMEI checker look for one that says carrier status in the description

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Sorry for dragging up this thread but my 7T Pro has suddenly started closing apps I open. It's been running perfectly since day one back in Nov 2019 but all of a sudden today most apps I open pop open for a second or two then close.

I've tried rebooting several times but that hasn't solved it.

I really don't want to have to do a full factory reset and have all the hassle of setting everything back up again hence I'm here to a) ask if anyone has experienced similar and b) if there is a known fix which doesn't involve a factory reset or similar?

I'm on the latest Oxygen update 10.0.14.HD01BA.

Advertisement