Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

ShazGV wrote: »
    The ending of tonight's episode was so satisfying after what Emma put Ashley through - that was hard to watch :(
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    John Middleton is absolutely playing a blinder as Ashley

Thought the same , and I think the reason it was so hard to watch was because of the out-standing performance , as usual , from John Middleton. So sad :(

It was cruel what Emma done to Ashley tonight , but very in keeping with her character .

Delighted it was caught on film , maybe it will come to light a way down the road , let them see Ashley was right , that it was Emma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Didnt see tonight, what is all this video business??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

John Middleton is absolutely playing a blinder as Ashley

He plays that part so well and makes it so credible that I almost cannot bear to watch. Plus I wish Ashley wasn't leaving. Superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Didnt see tonight, what is all this video business??

Ashley remembered that Emma was on the bridge and she volunteered to babysit him so she could mess with his recollection of events. At the end we see the video camera has been left running and presumably recorded the whole thing.
    It was a great scene between Ashley and Emma - well worth viewing on catch-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Thought the same , and I think the reason it was so hard to watch was because of the out-standing performance , as usual , from John Middleton. So sad :(

It was cruel what Emma done to Ashley tonight , but very in keeping with her character .

Delighted it was caught on film , maybe it will come to light a way down the road , let them see Ashley was right , that it was Emma.

I imagine it will be a while before that video is viewed. Probably when Ashley dies or goes to live in a care home. Laurel and family will have a look at all the videos that Ashley made the truth will come out.

Then again with the new producer been from Hollyoaks somebody else will view it, confront Emma and she will kill them thereby keeping her secret until the actress' contract is up :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

And Kasim is an unknown entity. I presume he'll come out of the coma but will he remember anything?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

With each episode I'm more and more impressed with John Middleton's acting. Incredible portrayal. I'm so frustrated for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

With each episode I'm more and more impressed with John Middleton's acting. Incredible portrayal. I'm so frustrated for him.

Deffo a contender for an award...playing the part brilliantly, pity there's no happy ending for him..it's like real life..

Deffo a contender for an award...playing the part brilliantly, pity there's no happy ending for him..it's like real life..

Contender?! Has it wrapped up already!! Once the news came through about this plot it was very likely he would get it! He has the portrayal nailed, and although its sad to watch, it is brilliant tv

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

And I thought that Emma couldn't sink any lower, how the f*ck did she become a nurse, that b1tch doesn't have a caring bone in her body what she did to Ashley is pure evil. I have never known a character whose evilness has caused so much devastation to so many people. Can you someone please murder the cn*t cause I can't bear looking at her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

The scene with Emma and Ashley is one of the best and most clever bits of TV I've scene from a soap in a while. Most soaps would go with the....causing him serious injury to shut him up and blaming it on him because he'll never remember anyway. But it was just such a clever spin.

Emma is a brilliant character. I'll be sorry when she goes. ..but all the while delighted when the b*tch gets caught out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    And I thought that Emma couldn't sink any lower, how the f*ck did she become a nurse, that b1tch doesn't have a caring bone in her body what she did to Ashley is pure evil. I have never known a character whose evilness has caused so much devastation to so many people. Can you someone please murder the cn*t cause I can't bear looking at her.
    Pure evil. And don't forget she tried to kill one of her sons when he was a baby as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,022 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gillian Kearney who plays Emma (looks amazing for her age, cant buy her as mother of Ross, Pete and Finn) is a great actress

Ross looked well at the funeral

Adam says he buried his dad i.e. John but then tells Laurel take Ashley from his dad's funeral, so was did he acknowledge James as his dad :confused: :rolleyes: Ross did not look happy about that

No sign of nana Barton

• Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Loved the rain at the funeral while all around was clear blue skies , the sun shine was beating down on everyone at funeral, while the fake rain hit their umbrellas .

Gillian Kearney who plays Emma (looks amazing for her age, cant buy her as mother of Ross, Pete and Finn) is a great actress

Ross looked well at the funeral

Adam says he buried his dad i.e. John but then tells Laurel take Ashley from his dad's funeral, so was did he acknowledge James as his dad :confused: :rolleyes: Ross did not look happy about that

No sign of nana Barton

Moira looked well at the funeral :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,022 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Moira looked well at the funeral :eek::D

She was giving James a final view for his send off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Yes, I do wish she would tuck them in occasionally!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Wonder if we will have to wait until after March for Emma to be exposed or will they do a Christmas story, no real one happening in Emmerdale at the minute.

Alice1 wrote: »

Your on your own there ;)

Oh, Moira ; ) (,) (,)

Prize for the best caption!!

CwZ3yoyWEAEXhAo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Alice1 wrote: »

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I can't believe only one person has died after all that massive car crash. Not releastic, no one in the cars died just James who feel off the bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

fin12 wrote: »
    I can't believe only one person has died after all that massive car crash. Not releastic, no one in the cars died just James who feel off the bridge.

Totally agree with this. I now call Paddy "Miracle Man". Did you see him at the funeral scene, arm not even in a sling any more FFS:roll eyes:

And none of the others any the worse for wear either!

Who was that guy shown in intensive care this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

maurv1 wrote: »
    <snip> Who was that guy shown in intensive care this week?
    His name is Kasim. Finn rescued him at the crash but so far it is not known if he recovers (I think he will) or if he remembers anything.

Oh, Moira ; ) (,) (,)

CwZ3yoyWEAEXhAo.jpg

'' It's a funeral, not a nightclub , take that''

'' It's a funeral, not a nightclub , take that''

"Sorry Moira, but I'm Queen of The "Slappers" around here"

Oh, Moira ; ) (,) (,)

CwZ3yoyWEAEXhAo.jpg

The 3 people sitting down are all thinking: Are those 2 falling out again?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

The 3 people sitting down are all thinking: Are those 2 falling out again?! :rolleyes:
    "I told you to keep the boobies in for the funeral"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Loved the rain at the funeral while all around was clear blue skies , the sun shine was beating down on everyone at funeral, while the fake rain hit their umbrellas .

Ha I was thinking that too. Was awful, it is Yorkshire, all they needed to do was wait a few hours and no doubt it would have got a bit duller to make the weather seem a bit more real.

• Advertisement

New girl got knocked the hell out.
    Short stint if she's now dead.

Advertisement