Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Is it only on once again this week? I see there is to be a special on Thursday night about Seamus Micil Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Is there a different actress playing Maeve now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

branie2 wrote: »
    Is there a different actress playing Maeve now?

Nope. Same actress, she just has her hair differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I enjoyed that episode. Tony putting his foot in it with O'Shea, the hat sideways on him. And he realises he is a position of power for once!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Nope. Same actress, she just has her hair differently.

OK, thanks.

• Advertisement

Can anyone give me a recap on the Laoise v Emma dynamic?

Was it Laoise working in some form of medicine and someone overdosed because of Emma's greed and Laoise got the blame? Is that the gist or am I imagining it?

Can anyone give me a recap on the Laoise v Emma dynamic?

Was it Laoise working in some form of medicine and someone overdosed because of Emma's greed and Laoise got the blame? Is that the gist or am I imagining it?

I can't remember exactly. I think maybe Laoise was working for Emma in one of her pharmacys and she told Laoise to give a patient a medication and the medication had an adverse reaction on the patient then Emma denied having anything to do with it and put it all on Loaise. Something along those lines.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I can't remember exactly. I think maybe Laoise was working for Emma in one of her pharmacys and she told Laoise to give a patient a medication and the medication had an adverse reaction on the patient then Emma denied having anything to do with it and put it all on Loaise. Something along those lines.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/categories/drama-tv-shows/play/?pid=6144084088001&title=Ros+na+R%C3%BAn&series=Ros+na+R%C3%BAn+%28S24%29&genre=Drama&pcode=097417

Found this. 14 minutes into this episode there is a kind of explanation. Something to do with blood tests

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/categories/drama-tv-shows/play/?pid=6144084088001&title=Ros+na+R%C3%BAn&series=Ros+na+R%C3%BAn+%28S24%29&genre=Drama&pcode=097417

Found this. 14 minutes into this episode there is a kind of explanation. Something to do with blood tests

Well researched.

Glad to see Tadgh officially off the hook. Makes me wonder though could this not have been proven long before by checking the shop's CCTV?

Also did the attack happen in the middle of the day, as the time on the vlog said 15:30....

• Advertisement

I wonder what's going on with Mo. That talking in her sleep scene was strange.

Glad to see Tadgh officially off the hook. Makes me wonder though could this not have been proven long before by checking the shop's CCTV?

Also did the attack happen in the middle of the day, as the time on the vlog said 15:30....

Could be wrong I think they mentioned 3ish when Malachi was looking for an alibi.
    I really need to to start keeping note of episode numbers where key events happen. But I am a bit like Tony sounds like too much work!

I wonder what's going on with Mo. That talking in her sleep scene was strange.

First thought was she is taking some stuff for the pregnancy and it is sending her off the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sorry for jumping in here, but as an ignorant when it comes to our own language, is this any good....??..

Sorry for jumping in here, but as an ignorant when it comes to our own language, is this any good....??..

Yes. Much better than any of the British soaps in my opinion.

First thought was she is taking some stuff for the pregnancy and it is sending her off the wall?

I thought it seemed as though she was having flashbacks and might have been at the attack of Frances but could be totally wrong!

There is the odd storyline that makes me think 'ah they are codding'. However they have improved on the storylines. All in all they seem to tie a number of storylines together well. I wouldn't be a big soap watcher, back in the day I used to watch Home and Away and Eastenders a bit. Oh and of course Glenroe. Mick Lally who played Miley in Glenroe. Was in Ros na Run for a while, great Irish. He went to the same all Irish boarding school as Michael D. Higgins.

I watch RnR more for learning the Irish and improving on it, as it has people using all three main dialects. There was a period where there was a few dodgy actors (pointed out on this thread) and they were let go. Honestly now I find the acting is top notch for soap level. I know there is at least two that moved on to Fair City. The producers of RnR have said in the past they struggle to find male actors with the required level Irish.

Like any soap there are a number of places the people always go. In Ros na Run. It is Tigh Thaidhg (The Pub). The community centre, the quarry, the petrol station, the beach, the gardening shop, the graveyard, cúlchaint (meaning gossip) which is local Café/Small Restaurant. And a number of residents 'homes' in the indoor set.

It is filmed in An Spidéal - Conamara. You can see the beach, and the main street where they film on google maps.

As well as the usual soap stories there is a good bit of humour in it thrown in.
    It started back in 1996 and you can watch the old episodes on youtube from season one and two (Srath 1 agus Strath 2) . They used more English in the soap back then

There are about 4/5 Characters who have been with soap since the beginning that are still there. All quality actors and very believable.

You might get the odd cameo from a 'celeb'. In the past they had Daniel O'Donnell, Stephen Fry, and Frances Brennan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

I thought it seemed as though she was having flashbacks and might have been at the attack of Frances but could be totally wrong!

Thats what i got also, they are going with a "Did Mo do it" storyline and she's helping Tadgh and Aine out of guilt, :(

i really hope this is not the case as i really want it to be Briain purely because i don't like his character at all, but we know they love a Bernie vs the baddie storyline which will be coming soon sooo my money is now on Mo did it accidentally or unintentionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

It couldn't be Mo because in the phone call Frances shouted at whoever it was to get out, I don't think she'd have spoken to Mo that way

I don't think she did it but now I think maybe she witnessed it and is covering up for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Mo!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I cannot believe it's Mo, accidental or not. Why didn't she call anyone? Frances could have been saved. I'm so very disappointed in her.

I was hoping it would be Briain, I cannot wait to see that yoke get his comeuppance and see the back of the sleamadóir.

So Mo will go to prison for manslaughter, if she owns up.

I really didn't think it would be Mo. How awful! Why didn't she call for help?!

I'm trying to remember now what they were fighting about..... I think Frances thought it was Colm who had stolen the credit card...?

Poor Francis :(

I'm thinking Mo will lose the baby over this and then Charlie will have Colm's child and there will be jealousy issues.

I really didn't think it would be Mo. How awful! Why didn't she call for help?!

I'm trying to remember now what they were fighting about..... I think Frances thought it was Colm who had stolen the credit card...?

Poor Francis :(
    Think Frances saw back up cctv of Briain/Sorcha and Mo got wrong idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

I have to say I'm disappointed, I was hoping this would be how we'd get rid of Briain.

I'm just not buying the story, Mo would have got help for Frances rather than leaving her lying there

julyjane wrote: »
    I have to say I'm disappointed, I was hoping this would be how we'd get rid of Briain.

I'm just not buying the story, Mo would have got help for Frances rather than leaving her lying there

i hope they have a good reason thought up because it is completely out of character for Mo. I get that she was trying to protect Colm and it was accidental. Plus, the fall Frances did, was not that convincing to me, a fight on the stairs would have been better. No way would Frances have fallen backwards like that, and done so much damage.

Also as you say, kind hearted Mo would immediately have faced up to what she did, or at least got help for Frances. I have a feeling they could be coming up with another medication story.

i hope they have a good reason thought up because it is completely out of character for Mo. I get that she was trying to protect Colm and it was accidental. Plus, the fall Frances did, was not that convincing to me, a fight on the stairs would have been better. No way would Frances have fallen backwards like that, and done so much damage.

Also as you say, kind hearted Mo would immediately have faced up to what she did, or at least got help for Frances. I have a feeling they could be coming up with another medication story.

It seems that really is just it. It's so out of character for Mo though

• Advertisement

I'm totally disappointed with this storyline as well. It is soo out of character for Mo. I can't imagine that she would have just left Francis to die and then acting now like it is not that big of a deal. Hope they are not going to write Mo out of the series!

Advertisement