Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phase 1 complete...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

One of our servers is much more loaded than the other - if quick for you, you are on the good server.

We'll install the new hardware this week, and it'll go away.

\o/

One other thing which doesn't seem to have been spotted... the links for the blogs and podcasts on the front page appear to be busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Ooohhh....very very fast currently - new hardware go live Regi?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's flying along for me, but I'm in University so it could just be my connection.

The menus along the top are gone again, though.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

my menus are coming and going but boards has been super fast today. Yesterday from same location it was dog slow..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

2 new servers joined our existing two today, the loads on the server is a fraction what they used to be and we've already hit a record concurrent users:
    Currently Active Users: 1631 (532 members and 1099 guests)

So far so good. Regi is playing a blinder. Everything is broke but the pieces are being reassembled now.

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

DeVore wrote:
    2 new servers joined our existing two today, the loads on the server is a fraction what they used to be and we've already hit a record concurrent users:

So far so good. Regi is playing a blinder. Everything is broke but the pieces are being reassembled now.

DeV.

great news and a massive difference for me at least, I am getting much more throughput during my time wasting periods!

edit: and I just got a 'can't post more than once in 30 secs error' which is nice. never seen it before as never got
    a chance to try to post so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

Think we all need to chip in and throw about 2,000 Marlboro lights Regi's direction! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

Well Done,I'm getting dizzy spells it's so quick :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.............

(me likey)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Everything's so quick. WooHoo!!!!

Thanks and well done regi and anyone else involved.

crawler wrote:
    Think we all need to chip in and throw about 2,000 Marlboro lights Regi's direction! :)

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yeah shocking....

5,000 it is then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What and not patches and gum so that he does not have leave the server room to get a nicotine fix ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The more it is down the better while my exams are on.
    Anyway, good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Excellent, things are only looking better, I have never seen the site so fast :)
    Cheers Guys *chips in*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ummm... My dropdown menus are still all missing. And that forum jump dropdown menu list is slower than a dead turtle rotting in wet mud.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ummm... My dropdown menus are still all missing.

They were there for me this morning for a while, have been gone for a couple of hours now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I Find if you refresh the screen a few times - they come back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its like driving blind man. I dont think I can go on. Its like I have the spoon filled up, but no lighter to burn in and its driving me crazy man. Crazy........ *shakes in the corner*

Vexorg wrote:
    I Find if you refresh the screen a few times - they come back.

Just refreshed this page five times - nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Tried it also and got the same result - no menu - but it seems to work @ www.boards.ie - I locate the forum I want from there and open in a new tab, probably why I dont miss the menu much, its always on the page in my first tab.

Vexorg wrote:
    I locate the forum I want from there and open in a new tab.

There ya go speaking in nerdy dialect again Gerry, when I say I'm not a nerd, it's 100% true - though I do know where the 'on' button is on me puter :D
    Fix it proper like, and we won't need this discussion!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Never seen boards.ie so nippy at lunch time. Fair play Regi and Asok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

\o/ |o| /o_ /o\

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

nice and zippy, good work daniel

nice and zippy, good work daniel

I assume you mean Asok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Beruthiel wrote:
    Just refreshed this page five times - nothing :(

I'm having that problem fir the first time today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement