Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was thinking of doing that. Is that the bullet train that takes 1 hr 10?

Thats just normal JR trains. If basing yourself in Tokyo its worth noting Kumagaya and Shizouka to a lesser extent are very easy to get to if you've any interest in neutral games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deco1988

Looking to get 2 Ireland V Japan tickets, wonder is there any chance of some available on Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Caybar

Was thinking of doing that. Is that the bullet train that takes 1 hr 10?

bullet train is an option (especially if you have a JR rail pass) . You can take the bullet train from Tokyo station to Shin Yokohama station.

The Yokohama stadium is 10-15 mins walk from there.

If you go on regular trains I think you'll have to transfer a couple of times. And it will take an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Managed to get myself some tickets to the QF, SF and Final (hoping Ireland get there!) and am now looking at flights.

Everything I have looked at so far seems to be quite awkward / expensive, the best solution I have found so far seems to be to fly to Hong Kong and spend a night or two there either side of travelling and then fly from HK to Tokyo.

Would anyone have any advice tips as to how I could potentially do it better? Know someone mentioned earlier in this thread about Cathay Pacific but they are over €1k now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

we're going dub to Paris and then direct to Tokyo for quarter final.just under 750 with trailfinders

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Oh Christ, been in the queue since it went live this morning, 7,000 ahead of me. Just saw that link and I wish I never did :D Was hoping for QF4 and SF2. Onto the general sale I guess. Hopefully that link works. Congrats to all who got their tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

redved wrote: »
    we're going dub to Paris and then direct to Tokyo for quarter final.just under 750 with trailfinders

That's very good. Going for qf and back after final and it's c. €1,100 via Frankfurt. with All Nippon Airways. Got it through Travelgenio, seemed decent at the time but maybe I should have shopped around more!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Essielo

Just want to express extreme gratitude to the poster who put up the link it worked a treat for me having been languishing at 47k in the queue!! Was unsuccessful in the ballot so delighted now!! Got qtr final 4 and semi final 2 tickets...lets hope Ireland win the group and finally a quarter final...it's our year (again) I can feel it!!!

flights booked with Finnair via Helsinki for about 1k couldn't find much cheaper than that for my dates bar Aeroflot via some random Russian route...no ta!

Thanks to everyone on here for the info also...tend to be more a reader than poster but this forum is an invaluable resource!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Quick update, that link still works. So they didn't fix this bug during the server maintenance, they must not be onto it.

Fingers crossed for Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yeah, the link still works. I got a wheelchair one for the Final.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Yeah, the link still works. I got a wheelchair one for the Final.

I saw that they were gone. I wonder how many people chanced it not being in a wheelchair.....

Looking at the ticket availability. Not sure if below are fully sold out or whether more tickets will go on sale on Saturday, so this could very well change..

Ireland v Scotland: all ticket available

Japan v Ireland: Premium only

Ireland v Russia: Premium, Cat A and Cat B available.

Ireland v Samoa: Premium only

QF2 (RU of Ireland's pool): Accessible only.

QF4 (Winner of Ireland's pool: Premium and accessible.

SF1 (winner of QF2): Premium and accessible.

SF2 (winner of QF4): Premium and accessible.

Final: Premium only.

https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets/docs/inventory-en/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Redo91 wrote: »
    Currently doing a course and won’t be back in full time employment until April so can’t afford tickets at the minute.

Just wondering do people think all tickets will be gone by the end of this month? For the RWC 2015 I managed to get 4 tickets for the pool game v France in Cardiff in the May beforehand. I had presumed that demand wouldn’t be as high this year as it isn’t as easy to get to compared to 2015.

Can anyone remember was there a similar pattern of ticket batches going on sale in 2015 and if so do they think there will be any left in the batch that are put on sale during the summer? I’m looking to go to the Samoa game and both QFs.

Appreciate there is a bit of guess work involved in what I’m asking but any advice would be appreciated!

In 2015, they kept blocks of tickets unreleased right up until the last few weeks before games.
    I posted about this before, but I bought tickets (6 - Cat D) for the final on the Tuesday evening of that week at about 6.50pm. As in 4 days before hand. I have kiwi pals in London who were well pleased with me! (and I know that Japan is a huge distance away and that's no good to us this time around)
    But that was a full block of behind-the-goal seats that was available for about 20 minutes that day. That is to say; it wasn't a random collection of tickets scattered around the ground that could have been returns.
    But that's just one example.

I got a bucket load of tickets for the French game in Cardiff that year. Bought between February and September. Most of them appeared randomly on the website (although there was a general trend of them appearing at 10.00 & 15.00), but at least on 2 occasions there was a full block of tickets released that had obviously been held back from initial sale release dates.
    It was done in this manner to counteract touts (can't remember where I read that at the time, but I think it was some official from World rugby commenting on strategies to make the matches as accessible as possible to everyone) which makes sense to me anyway.

I'm not travelling to Japan due to having to fund a house build, but if I was, tickets to the matches would not be top of my priority list. Travel and accommodation would be.
    If World Rugby deploy the same techniques as 4 years ago with regards to ticket sales and releases, (and resales too of course) then putting a little effort into checking the ticket website at regular intervals daily will pay off eventually.

A friend of mine got his teenage nephew to check ticketmaster (for a ticket to the All Blacks in November) from July onwards and gave him €50 when he eventually succeeded.
    His nephew told him afterwards that he was checking at least a dozen times daily during office hours. Kept a window open constantly in the browser of his phone.
    Do something similar and you'll be sorted.

troyzer wrote: »
    I saw that they were gone. I wonder how many people chanced it not being in a wheelchair.....

Would think they will turn away anyone not in a wheelchair.

Would think they will turn away anyone not in a wheelchair.

Anyone can show up in a wheelchair.

Do they need a wheelchair?

• Advertisement

Guess they could. Just think it's a pretty low thing to do. Anyone who does it that doesn't needing it is denying fans who actually need one a ticket. Presume those tickets are fairly limited too.

Guess they could. Just think it's a pretty low thing to do. Anyone who does it that doesn't needing it is denying fans who actually need one a ticket. Presume those tickets are fairly limited too.

I agree it's a low thing to do. Which is why I'm wondering if anyone chances it.

I agree it's a low thing to do. Which is why I'm wondering if anyone chances it.

I'm sure there are, but like you say if you get one and get hold of a wheelchair over there, then they couldn't police it. Guess they're relying on vast majority of people not being lowlifes. :p

I'm sure there are, but like you say if you get one and get hold of a wheelchair over there, then they couldn't police it. Guess they're relying on vast majority of people not being lowlifes. :p

That hasn't been my experience....

Not for something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Essielo wrote: »

flights booked with Finnair via Helsinki for about 1k couldn't find much cheaper than that for my dates bar Aeroflot via some random Russian route...no ta!

Thanks to everyone on here for the info also...tend to be more a reader than poster but this forum is an invaluable resource!

This is the ones I am steering towards actually. Think it works out at €660 return for my dates with a 14hr layover in Moscow on the way out. Handy that its during daylight hours, so a handy chance to see a bit of Russia before the sensual overload that I'm expecting Japan to be.

There are a few Yokohama hotels on Booking.com, but the mix of having the Irish, the Kiwi's and the Saffers (and ya, about 50 Scots mabye) all in over a weekend is making places limited. I'm hoping to land in Tokyo on the 21st, stay in Yokohama for 2 nights, head onto Toyota City for the Wales v. Georgia game and then its all up in the air for the 12 days bar the Japan and Russia games.

• Advertisement

That hasn't been my experience....

Not for something like this.

Your experience has been that most people don't abuse it? That's what I would have thought..

Your experience has been that most people don't abuse it? That's what I would have thought..

My experience has been that most people are c**ts.

The final is completely sold out now, including the premium tickets.

I desperately hope more are released on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The final is completely sold out now, including the premium tickets.

I desperately hope more are released on Saturday.

None of those matches are really sold out or anywhere even near sold out .
    There are massive holdbacks.

None of those matches are really sold out or anywhere even near sold out .
    There are massive holdbacks.

Would imagine there would have to be some held back for the 2 finalists too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

This thread is great.

Going to try for NZ and SA tickets for Yokohama the day before the irish game. Took advice from here and priced accom in Tokyo. Got a nice hostel for £30 for a dorm. From hostel to stadium including walking was a 58 min journey and only 500 yen so delighted with that. I say a "nice hostel" but they are all nice. Absolutely spotless was our experience.

This thread is great.

Going to try for NZ and SA tickets for Yokohama the day before the irish game. Took advice from here and priced accom in Tokyo. Got a nice hostel for £30 for a dorm. From hostel to stadium including walking was a 58 min journey and only 500 yen so delighted with that. I say a "nice hostel" but they are all nice. Absolutely spotless was our experience.

500 yen? Isn't that something like four quid? For a hostel?

Hostel was 30 and the journey was 500 yen.

Hostel was 30 and the journey was 500 yen.

Ohhhhh.

Ohhhhh.

Id be going for the the full tournament if thats all hostels cost :D:D

• Advertisement

Apologies if this has already been mentioned folks but I have just noticed there is a general sale 'first come first served' in May. I had not noticed this before, if it was there.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned folks but I have just noticed there is a general sale 'first come first served' in May. I had not noticed this before, if it was there.

I imagine everything will be gone by then other than returns and stuff nobody wanted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

next sale on saturday, 1.00 am
    a bit tough for me

I imagine everything will be gone by then other than returns and stuff nobody wanted anyway.

You'd be very surprised .
    The best seats are often the ones released later on.

World Rugby CEO posted this. Looks like sold out could still mean there would be tickets available between now and the RWC. https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2019/01/9b129f2486be-rugby-world-cup-heading-toward-complete-sell-out.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

World Rugby CEO posted this. Looks like sold out could still mean there would be tickets available between now and the RWC. https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2019/01/9b129f2486be-rugby-world-cup-heading-toward-complete-sell-out.html

Wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence, I know there's a lot of bluster there but if I manage to get through tonight I'll take what I can get

So that would suggest anything available now will roll over to Saturday plus an additional 400,000 will be released.

They are saying now that there will only be 200k tickets available tomorrow .
    They sold 120k in the presales this week .
    Ticket availability across the tournament remains very limited following record sales throughout the 2018 ballots and there will be less than 200,000 tickets available during this general public sales phase.

While there is still reasonable availability for some pool matches, tickets for the most popular matches remain extremely limited. These include all knockout stage matches and pool matches featuring the host nation Japan, defending champions New Zealand, as well as Ireland and England.

They said they had sold 1m tickets up to last week and 120k this week plus another 200k tomorrow so that's 500k tickets still to be sold out of 1.8m.
    Some of these will be corporate and hospitality but thats still a fair chunk of tickets to be released over the coming year .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Does anybody have a link to where we will begin queuing for tickets tonight? Can't find out where to go on their website.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Does anybody have a link to where we will begin queuing for tickets tonight? Can't find out where to go on their website.

have you set up an account? a mail went out with the link this morning.

• Advertisement

Chris871 wrote: »
    have you set up an account? a mail went out with the link this morning.
    Yeah. When I ckick the link in the email it brings me to the ticket application page. I'm just wondering where I go to buy tickets when the queue goes live. Every second counts so I don't want to spend 10mins wondering where to go when they do!

Do I just reload that link when they're live and it automatically puts you in the queue instead of your previous applications? And if so does the queue go live an hour before the opening time for purchase? Similar to how FIFA or UEFA do it.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Yeah. When I ckick the link in the email it brings me to the ticket application page. I'm just wondering where I go to buy tickets when the queue goes live. Every second counts so I don't want to spend 10mins wondering where to go when they do!

Do I just reload that link when they're live and it automatically puts you in the queue instead of your previous applications? And if so does the queue go live an hour before the opening time for purchase? Similar to how FIFA or UEFA do it.

I Presume just on that link once it goes live. The one during the week had a countdown timer prior to opening so not 100% sure, doesnt look to be the case this time around. i'm going to keep checking back in before 1am to be sure.

Chris871 wrote: »
    I Presume just on that link once it goes live. The one during the week had a countdown timer prior to opening so not 100% sure, doesnt look to be the case this time around. i'm going to keep checking back in before 1am to be sure.

Same here. Thanks for the help and good luck getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

It might also be worth trying the link that worked on Tuesday? I tried on two devices on Tuesday and the countdown timer on my iPhone went ahead of the one on my laptop in the final minute and ended up circa 13k in the queue on iPhone v 56k in the queue on laptop. Also worth ringing your credit card company in advance to make sure transaction will go through first time. AIB visa were really helpful and made sure my transaction would go through without security check.

comment wrote: »
    It might also be worth trying the link that worked on Tuesday? I tried on two devices on Tuesday and the countdown timer on my iPhone went ahead of the one on my laptop in the final minute and ended up circa 13k in the queue on iPhone v 56k in the queue on laptop. Also worth ringing your credit card company in advance to make sure transaction will go through first time. AIB visa were really helpful and made sure my transaction would go through without security check.

what's the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

The link posted by reap-a-rat in post #430

• Advertisement

comment wrote: »
    The link posted by reap-a-rat in post #430

Yup. And personally my favourite ever post on Boards :D

Second that. fingers crossed it works again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The best ever. How can that person be rewarded? I’d like to somehow.
    It should be tried again, because it worked all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

semi final ticket got

Nothing left for the final unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement