Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

Eod100 wrote: »
    Dunno if its any good to ye but there's a presale access to general sales for anyone who missed out on the ballot. I think someone posted it here already but if not I can copy and paste email on it.

Yup, January 17th I think. I am definitely going to Japan regardless of whether I have tickets or not. Not sure does that increase or decrease the pressure of trying to get them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Just off the phone to the brother. He said I was successful with one quarter final ticket match 44 winner pool a v runner up pool b. So hopefully Ireland can get the job done again the Scots. Would be easy swap over there if I had to I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

bigslick wrote: »
    If you do take them up but dont want them all id take the Winners QF off you, as will be heading over anyway.

They're the only ones that I got that I do want!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Bitter rant: are we going to see games with less than 15k of the competing teams fans attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

No luck here for a mate or myself. Due to work, can only go for the first two games. Was willing to go all out on CAT A for those and no luck.

Think the packages are a little overpriced but if that is the only way to gurantee getting a ticket I might just have to suck it up!

From recollection, for RWC15, we eventually got tickets for the French game two months before hand, on the official site. Not sure I want to book Japan without knowing I have a ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bitter rant: are we going to see games with less than 15k of the competing teams fans attending?

Apart from the bigger nations with large travelling support, yes. But there's always a high number of neutral fans at the world cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I ended up with tickets for Scotland, Russia, Winners QF and Bronze Final. Don't think I'll bother taking them up

How much were they?

Does anyone have a link to the page that shows what the demand is for each match? I know the soccer tournaments do it and I read about it on the RWC site but can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    How much were they?

Does anyone have a link to the page that shows what the demand is for each match? I know the soccer tournaments do it and I read about it on the RWC site but can't find it anywhere.

It was on the page where you selected each game you wanted to enter for in the ballot. Clear as day.

Basically, NZ, Japan, England, Ireland were in the red for most games. Every other tier 1 nation was at "medium".

As there's no more ballots there's no more anticipated demand per se. It's all on first come first served here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I got nothing from my 3 separate ballot entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

It was on the page where you selected each game you wanted to enter for in the ballot. Clear as day.

Basically, NZ, Japan, England, Ireland were in the red for most games. Every other tier 1 nation was at "medium".

As there's no more ballots there's no more anticipated demand per se. It's all on first come first served here on in.

Yeah think it's in the ticket account once you go to apply for tickets.

Apparently over 2 million applications for 300,000 tickets so far. Not sure what why they stagger the availability though..

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/383065

• Advertisement

I'm after purchasing an Ireland v Scotland ticket on Stub Hub there now. It cost me €191 including fees & delivery. They were cheaper than Viagogo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

finbarrk wrote: »
    I'm after purchasing an Ireland v Scotland ticket on Stub Hub there now. It cost me €191 including fees & delivery. They were cheaper than Viagogo.

Saddens me to hear that.
    Reposting here what I put on the tickets thread last night:

The first ticket I got for the French game in the 2015 RWC was a CAT A priced £250, and I bought that this time 4 years ago on the official website.
    Couple of months later secured a CAT B ticket and put the CAT A one back up for sale on the official website and got a refund for that once someone else bought it.
    Then a few weeks later pounced on a pair of CAT D tickets (£50 each) and successfully resold the CAT B on the website.

I ended up securing 12 CAT D tickets for that French game by the time it came around. (and still had about 8 pals left disappointed...mind you they were the ones who couldn't be arsed checking the website themselves every once in a while)
    Now admittedly I was almost living on the website and got to know how they did things to a decent extent.

I was giving you the examples in my earlier post to highlight how the availability of tickets for the WC via the only official means; their own website, does not become exhausted until verrrrry close to the actual matches.

I remember feeling jubilant when I bought that CAT A ticket for £250. "Yessss... I'm going! I've got my ticket... I'm soooo lucky!"
    In a similar vein to how some posters here feel gutted and disappointed that their name didn't come out of the hat today.
    It's an obvious ploy to choke the supply in the early stages to such an extent as to make the demand seem even bigger than it is. And hey, it works!
    But honestly there's no need for any despair imo.

If I was anyone out there hoping to go to Japan, I would be focused entirely on travel and accommodation now. Or before now.
    This is the time to secure those for a reasonable cost.
    Commit to those, the tickets will fall into place for you with even a small ounce of diligence over the next 6-9 months.

Why?

That's silly. So so silly. For starters, no one has any tickets to sell. Secondly there'll be Spares popping up nearer the time. In fact I bet people will still be getting sorted on the day for games.

As far as I know there might even be a couple of spares in our group.

Absolute waste of time going via touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

kuang1 wrote: »
    If I was anyone out there hoping to go to Japan, I would be focused entirely on travel and accommodation now. Or before now.
    This is the time to secure those for a reasonable cost.
    Commit to those, the tickets will fall into place for you with even a small ounce of diligence over the next 6-9 months.

This was a really nice post. Have been stressing about the tickets, but you're probably right. Time to look at flights.

If it's done it's done but if you can cancel and get a refund or most of it back I would. Stadium for that match is 72k, if you're going anyways chances are you will get a face value ticket between now and then

Why?

That's silly. So so silly. For starters, no one has any tickets to sell. Secondly there'll be Spares popping up nearer the time. In fact I bet people will still be getting sorted on the day for games.

As far as I know there might even be a couple of spares in our group.

Absolute waste of time going via touts.

Ok. But I just wanted to get sorted for that game. And get it paid for and have another fee out of the way. I already have flights paid for. And accommodation booked. Incorrect in saying no one has tickets to sell. There are loads of them on there for sale. Obviously from people that have secured confirmation in either of the first 2 ballots.

A Cat. A for Ireland v Scotland is €234 on the RWC website. Cat B is €171. I don't mind paying €191. I'll probably end up in the Cat A section anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Nobody has tickets yet. They're not being delivered for another few months.

I'd bend over backwards to cancel that if I were you and I'm one of the more pessimistic on getting tickets.

A Cat. A for Ireland v Scotland is €234 on the RWC website. Cat B is €171. I don't mind paying €191. I'll probably end up in the Cat A section anyway!

The CAT B ticket I've been allocated for semi-final is €389. Prices seem a bit crazy. Apparently sf venue is athletics stadium so not even sure how great the seat would be..

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

It’s hard not to get anxious though. We have our hotel booked and we’re booking our flights this week. The plan is to go to both Quarter Finals and the “good” Semi Final (i.e. the one we’d be in if we win the Group). We got tickets for the Semi in the ballot. We’re now discussing whether to wait, to hit Viagogo, or to buy corporate hospitality. It would be a nice feeling to at least have the “good” Quarter Final nailed down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Going to the 1/4 finals with Rugby Travel Ireland. Cant wait? (Well I can its a year away!)

Flight time DUB to HND is 18 Hours!!!!

Try_harder wrote: »
    Flight time DUB to HND is 18 Hours!!!!

It depends what way you go. I’ve been looking at flights quite a bit. Varies from a little less that (15ish) to 24ish via the Middle East.

It’s hard not to get anxious though. We have our hotel booked and we’re booking our flights this week. The plan is to go to both Quarter Finals and the “good” Semi Final (i.e. the one we’d be in if we win the Group). We got tickets for the Semi in the ballot. We’re now discussing whether to wait, to hit Viagogo, or to buy corporate hospitality. It would be a nice feeling to at least have the “good” Quarter Final nailed down.

Wait. Don't dare go near viagogo.

Tickets will pop up. Relax.

It depends what way you go. I’ve been looking at flights quite a bit. Varies from a little less that (15ish) to 24ish via the Middle East.

that's what my itinerary says!

that's what my itinerary says!

What way are you flying?

What way are you flying?

Doesn't break it down, there must be a stopover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Rugby travel Ireland use Emirates, so it’ll be through Dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Doesn't break it down, there must be a stopover

there are no direct flights from Dublin to Tokyo

• Advertisement

I thought the Dubai routing was longer than that.

Advertisement