Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cannabis Oil cures cancer? [Mod note #1]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I've got Amazonian beans that are proven to cure all forms of cancer in dogs. I'd be happy to share them, for a tiny fee. Just to cover costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cannabinoids have been clinically proven to cure many things but cannabis is still prohibited because you can't patent a plant. Big pharma doesn't like that. They've created synthetic cannabinoids (Marinol etc.) but users claim it's not as effective as the real thing and costs much more.

The American Government have patented cannabinoids. Patent number 6630507.
    Which is interesting because they have cannabis and marijuana listed as a class one drug, no medicinal use just recreational, however, they have the medicinal rights patented. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

CBD oil is now legal in Ireland.

I don't know about it curing cancer but it definitely helps me with pain.

There's an Irish company producing a range of different CBD products

Hempture.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

it's a sincere post, but probably in the wrong forum.

i know someone who has terminal cancer, it's sad that my friend could not try this oil because the plant is illegal...it could save his life yet we might never know.

Sorry, I haven't read the thread but it's not illegal, you can buy it in Ireland. I have sen it advertised and mentioned in online groups. It has no psychoactive properties and doesn't make people high. But if it worked then you might need to know at what dose and when must you commence taking it. I know of people who tried to treat themselves with it and they still passed away.

There are other natural substances with alleged anti cancer effects. I'm a bit cynical as to why they never excite people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

If we lived in a proper country there would be sufficient penalties to punish Drug suppliers and users and lies and nonsense like this from the hard left would be properly exposed. Get society drug addicted and too docile to question anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Id worry that this would give false hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've heard the "Big Pharma are lobbying to keep weed illegal (and are keeping the real cancer cure a secret) because it hurts their profits from cancer meds" argument, but who's to say there isn't a vested interest in curing it?

A quick bit of Googling tells me that in 2009, the cost of cancer to the EU-wide economy was c.€126bn (about €250 per capita across the EU's then population of 502.09mn), €42.6bn of which was due to lost productivity and another c.€9.6bn was due to lost working days. Don't you think that someone other than "Big Pharma" wants a cut of that c.€126bn?

CBD is great for pain relief but its the THC that gives the best results and its this bit that's illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Doltanian wrote: »
    If we lived in a proper country there would be sufficient penalties to punish Drug suppliers and users and lies and nonsense like this from the hard left would be properly exposed. Get society drug addicted and too docile to question anything.
    ssshhhhh be quiet or i'll get antifa after ye:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

cbyrd wrote: »
    CBD is great for pain relief but its the THC that gives the best results and its this bit that's illegal.

Is CBD proven to help pain? I didn't think it was. It's great for other things though. Personally, it helps me sleep better (according to my Fitbit anyway) and reduces anxiety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ssshhhhh be quiet or i'll get antifa after ye:rolleyes:

Overheard in Dublin "If it wasnt for the valium I'd be on the drugs"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Doltanian wrote: »

Cannabis makes you question everything, you just forget to hoover every couple of days.

ceadaoin. wrote:
    Is CBD proven to help pain? I didn't think it was. It's great for other things though. Personally, it helps me sleep better (according to my Fitbit anyway) and reduces anxiety

Maybe the psychology around pain.. I know I used to take a lot of tablets for back and hip pain, painkillers, anti.inflammatories and muscle relaxants. Now I use 6-8 drops of cbd. I know my back is not fixed and I don't have the same number feeling from the drugs but it's not sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They never bring up the fact that cannabis smoking is listed as a cause of lung cancer by both the British and American Lung Foundations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You guys know that “cancer” is not one disease, right?

Same as the “common cold” is not one virus, and “‘flu” is not one strain.

there is an enormous backlog of unexplored disease, way beyond oncology. I would be delighted to have a fix all cure for thousands of diseases (like cancers), so we would get stuck into treatments for the bazillions of other diseases. Explain gene therapy, vaccines and antiviral if that was the aim. CURES. These are developed more and more these days. One treatment plan clears you of Hep-C these days. or soon, hopefully Hemophilia... forever. Amazing medical technology, where the liver is modified to produce a new protein. Why would a company even go the bother todevelop that if keeping everyone sick was the aim. They can make a heck of a lot more money from treating that hemophiliac forever than curing them. And yet a trial of a gene therapy cure is ongoing.

Reality is, most fix all claimed unsubstantiated “cures” are as money grabbing as everything else that is hawked at the ill. From Juice Cleanses to spirit cleansing retreats.

Ethics fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

Anyone know where i can get cannabis oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

My aunt died of cancer last year, she tried cannabis oil.

She said it was much better for pain control and became dependent on it taking it almost all the time. One side affect was that she was high as a kite on the stuff.

Didn't cure her but it did help with pain relief. Wasn't cheap either costing 5k but I forgot the quantity but it would last 3- weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Oranage2 wrote: »
    My aunt died of cancer last year, she tried cannabis oil.

She said it was much better for pain control and became dependent on it taking it almost all the time. One side affect was that she was high as a kite on the stuff.

Didn't cure her but it did help with pain relief. Wasn't cheap either costing 5k but I forgot the quantity but it would last 3- weeks
    Had a friend pass away recently from cancer. They preferred the oil to morphine simply for the fact that the killed the pain but they could just be normal, converse etc. as opposed to being loopy on morphine.

Advertisement