Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis Oil cures cancer? [Mod note #1]

Options
  • 18-10-2010 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Anyone seen the film "Run From The Cure" ?

Rick Simpson claims that Cannabis oil cured his cancer.
    Many other people who had various diseases also claim to have been cured by this oil.

You can watch Run From the Cure below..

thoughts about this? seems crazy it would be kept secret for so long.

Mod note: this thread is about one thing - cannabis and cancer.
    Any other discussion about legalising it or general cannabis promotion/discussion will be removed and infracted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Hmmmm. A thread created by the worlds most notorious drug lord.......promoting the idea that Cannabis oil cures cancel?

Recession biting you too Pablo my old flower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭pablo_escobar

it's a sincere post, but probably in the wrong forum.

i know someone who has terminal cancer, it's sad that my friend could not try this oil because the plant is illegal...it could save his life yet we might never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

7th son of a 7th son cures lots of things.
    So does Antibiotics.

Rick Simpson doesn't sell hemp oil so what's his motivation other than to help other people suffering?

since the video is almost 1 hour long, you hardly absorbed the content in 9 minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Pablo.
    Your'e supposed to be dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Cannabinoids have been clinically proven to cure many things but cannabis is still prohibited because you can't patent a plant. Big pharma doesn't like that. They've created synthetic cannabinoids (Marinol etc.) but users claim it's not as effective as the real thing and costs much more.

At the end of the day the only thing you can do is say fúck the prohibition, grow your own, and run the risk of being caught. I think most courts would be lenient if you explain you only grow it for yourself and use it medicinally. It's time we stand up for ourselves and demand an end to this ridiculous prohibition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Man, it's been ages since the last marijuana debate.

Cannabinoids have been clinically proven to cure many things but cannabis is still prohibited because you can't patent a plant. Big pharma doesn't like that. They've created synthetic cannabinoids (Marinol etc.) but users claim it's not as effective as the real thing and costs much more.

At the end of the day the only thing you can do is say fúck the prohibition, grow your own, and run the risk of being caught. I think most courts would be lenient if you explain you only grow it for yourself and use it medicinally. It's time we stand up for ourselves and demand an end to this ridiculous prohibition.

it's insane they would synthesize properties of a plant which are more expensive and less effective in treating ill people...but keep the real thing illegal!!

the problem certainly appears to be one of politics and money.
    if the pharma companies can't make money, no point promoting it.

that makes sense from a business perspective but clearly they don't genuinely care about helping people get better from sickness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

does it Actually work though... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

policarp wrote: »
    Pablo.
    Your'e supposed to be dead.

The good oil saved him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

policarp wrote: »
    7th son of a 7th son cures lots of things.
    So does Antibiotics.
    Unfortunately, I think cancer requires something a little bit more rigorous than a course of antibiotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

I think that money is the cure...

or is that for aids?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There is little to no empirical evidence that suggests that cannabis oil has any effect on cancer. There is evidence, however, that smoking marijuana increases the appetite in patients who are having trouble eating due to the chemotherapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yes cannabis cure cancer :rolleyes:

...and that's why we take chemo: just for the shits giggles & so big pharma can make a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

OisinT wrote: »
    There is little to no empirical evidence that suggests that cannabis oil has any effect on cancer. There is evidence, however, that smoking marijuana increases the appetite in patients who are having trouble eating due to the chemotherapy.
    Autophagy can promote cell survival or cell death, but the molecular basis underlying its dual role in cancer remains obscure. Here we demonstrate that Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main active component of marijuana, induces human glioma cell death through stimulation of autophagy. Our data indicate that THC induced ceramide accumulation and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2α (eIF2α) phosphorylation and thereby activated an ER stress response that promoted autophagy via tribbles homolog 3–dependent (TRB3-dependent) inhibition of the Akt/mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) axis. We also showed that autophagy is upstream of apoptosis in cannabinoid-induced human and mouse cancer cell death and that activation of this pathway was necessary for the antitumor action of cannabinoids in vivo. These findings describe a mechanism by which THC can promote the autophagic death of human and mouse cancer cells and provide evidence that cannabinoid administration may be an effective therapeutic strategy for targeting human cancers.

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/37948

Cannabinoids, the active components in marijuana, are used to reduce the side effects of cancer treatment, such as pain, weight loss, and vomiting, but there is increasing evidence that they may also inhibit tumor cell growth. However, the cellular mechanisms behind this are unknown.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071226004546.htm

Those were the first two search results I got when I googled "cannabinoids cancer".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

OisinT wrote: »
    It is actually used in the US with some people who are survivors of oesophageal cancer (the cancer that I was diagnosed with in 2006). We tend to have very poor appetites after the surgery. I found a good way of getting my appetite back - thank you baby Shane, you have helped mummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I switched from diesel to cannabis oil, now my car takes ages to start up and is prone to long meandering drives in the countryside :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I found a good way of getting my appetite back - thank you baby Shane, you have helped mummy.

And when daddy's appetite is gone............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

do you know how much revenue pharmaceutical companies would be down, if it were proven a plant thats grown in the dirt, could cure cancer?? hundreds of thousands of worldwide jobs would be lost.

and on another note, buying products in your local supermarket that are donating a percentage of their profits to cancer research studies will never, ever cure cancer.

cancer = profit

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

http://www.cannabisni.com/cannabis-documentaries/1984-what-if-cannabis-cured-cancer-documentary

Theres is now a new documentary i watched the other day giving scientific explination behind the rick simpson story,they reckon CBD can cure a range of life threatning deiseses....obviously your going to get all these people syaing awwh that bull**** just noather sotner story lal la la but sure the proofs there....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

They will burn you with radiation but if you smoked a plant theyd lock you up.

Wonderful world

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

main reason which started the anti marijuana movement is as follows:The intense anti-marijuana movement of the 1930s dovetailed nicely with the intense anti-Chicano movement of the 1930s. Marijuana was associated with Mexican Americans, and a ban on marijuana was seen as a way of discouraging Mexican-American subcultures from developing.

Today, thanks in large part to the very public popularity of marijuana among whites during the 1960s and 1970s, marijuana is no longer seen as what one might call an ethnic drug--but the groundwork for the anti-marijuana movement was laid down at a time when marijuana was seen as an encroachment on the U.S. majority-white culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

No money = no cure conspiracy theorists Read zis plx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 reallyoriginal

apparently it does work- the law has a few holes in it but i do believe in sworn affadavits. however you should look into bread soda and maple syrup. apparently the mixture works and is not illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Cancer Research UK have a good article for anyone interested:

- Cannabis For Treating Cancer?

Note:
    Smoking cannabis, particularly when mixed with tobacco, is likely to increase rather that decrease cancer risk, although the evidence for this is mixed.

The chemicals need to be extracted, you can't just roll and smoke away the cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Seachmall wrote: »

I think it's sickening that a newspaper are allowed to misrepresent the facts like that. What's to say that parents of children suffering brain cancer reading this won't go out and stop the chemotherapy and put their child on high doses of weed in a bid to "cure" their cancer. It's no different to throwing your lot in with any other alternative medicine and expecting a miracle cure. Without definite research and unbiased clinical trials to indicate that one treatment actually works, it would be foolish to do anything other than what your doctors recommend, or do conspiracy theorists believe that doctors want everybody to die?

Read Bad Science by Ben Goldacre, he talks at length about how often science is misrepresented in the media. As a someone who's profession is best described as "scientist", it really annoys me to see this happen. Also, as an occasional weed user, sure I would like to see it legalised, and it has been show as an appetite stimulant in people undergoing chemotherapy. Also, chemicals found in marijuana killing cancer cells growing in isolation in a lab is very different to "smoking weed cures cancer".

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Dont think anybody saind smoking weed cure cancer.This is whats going to throw people off.Smoking a spliff is not going to cure your cancer,especially here in ireland because the cannbis we get is produced to get you heavily stoned,meaning it is mostly made up of thc.Medicinal Marijuana on the other hand contains mostly CBD which has been proven to rejuvenate good cells and destory unheathy cells.

I know to most people here it just seems like a stupid stoner story or what ever,i was sceptical about the whole rick simpsons story at first too even though there was people who had said yes i have been cured by rick simpsons.But the documentary What if cannbis cured cancer just shows the science behind the rick simpson story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres plenty of peopel who claim a guy with a tv show and an alter cured them of various things from paraylsis to cancer just by touching their foreheads too.

I remain skeptical

Advertisement