Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannabis Oil cures cancer? [Mod note #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Nichololas wrote: »
    I switched from diesel to cannabis oil,

The way the price of diesel is going it wont be long before everyones at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

In before our favourite scatologist gives his flawed 2c using phrases like; "John Q taxpayer" "hippies" "Tax Eurons" and "Pal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

What if people actually understood that cancer wasn't a particular disease, but rather a term used to cover a broad spectrum of diseases?

Perhaps then they'd stop with the cock-o-crap cannabis cures cancer. Fucking annoying free the week children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mod note: this thread is about one thing: cannabis and cancer.
    Any other discussion about legalising it or general cannabis promotion will be removed and infracted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Assorted studies that make some reference to the effects of cannabinoids on cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21532172

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475304

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19690545

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20649976

Basically most studies that I can find are saying that their are some good signs and more research should be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Zulu wrote: »
    Fucking annoying free the week children.

Yeah, free the day children are so much more worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Isard

Oil? Well, my Mum's friend happened to be ill once and he went to some old woman who claimed to be able to cure any disease. My Mum and I went with him, it was just interesting. She "prescribed" him oil, told my Mum the same and she thought I also had to rub myself with oil. I had allergies at the time and it was cured:D
    Now I quarrelled with my boyfriend. If my heart aches, should I take some oil?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Cannabis oil is very easily made and the cannabis plant is very easy grown - any cancer patient who feels like they want to try this treatment would find that they could start their first course within 3 months from scratch.

Dealing with a life treathening or terminal illness is a very very personal experience - to dictate to the sufferer what they can and cannot try to alleviate either the pain or try reverse the course of their disease goes against natural human morality imo and therefore should not be based in law.

There is a certain level of evidence cannabis can work - but even if there wasn't a patient who believe's in it should never be stopped from using it...state of mind is a massive element of both seeing through the illness and possibly beating it and it's an element all too often overlooked in modern medicine and society.

I think it's disgraceful that society dictates what is acceptable for a seriously ill patient take to help them feel better - especially if it's relatively harmless.

I'm with the CT's on this - big pharma and their lobbyists around the world would never let a drug with so many uses become legal as the damage to their profits would be mindboggling. This is where the battle will be lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Afaik the Dept of Health are in the process of legislating for the use cannabis based medication. I'll try find where i read about it.

EDIT: http://www.thejournal.ie/government-may-move-to-allow-prescribed-cannabis-into-ireland-119571-Apr2011/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Seanbeag1 wrote: »
    Afaik the Dept of Health are in the process of legislating for the use cannabis based medication. I'll try find where i read about it.

Yeah 'cannabis based medicine' - I read a study which says it's the unique way in which the plant itself combines the hundreds of different chemicals (when smoked, ingested or otherwise administered straight fro plant form) which makes it so useful across such a wide range of symptoms and diseases. Apparently we're an age away from synthesizing this unique combination. Anyone who's ever smoked the old headshop smokes knows that - even though they were produced by backstreet chemists it was still synthetic THC - the high was completely different to normal weed. Combine this with the fact that the plant itself is the most cross bred plant in mankinds history and it makes senses that the exact reasons the plant, and it's various strains, work so well for so many ailments is almost impossible to determine chemically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

mikom wrote: »
    Yeah, free the day children are so much more worthy.
    Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Zulu wrote: »
    Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

Clal, you mean. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ticallion

hey Guys, my dad is very sick at present with cancer virtually taking over his body. he has been for chemo & radiotherapy sessions & is no better, just getting worse & worse. I would love to give him some hemp oil as a last resort but wouldnt have the time to start growing & making it. does anyone know if it is available in ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

ticallion wrote: »
    hey Guys, my dad is very sick at present with cancer virtually taking over his body. he has been for chemo & radiotherapy sessions & is no better, just getting worse & worse. I would love to give him some hemp oil as a last resort but wouldnt have the time to start growing & making it. does anyone know if it is available in ireland?

You cannot cultivate or purchase cannabis legally in Ireland under any circumstances. No doctor will recommend it to your father. Your father's condition would not earn lenience in a court either should you ignore the law.

Unfortunately the Irish law does not recognize it as a medicine and you would be taking a big risk in trying to subvert it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I henceforth site the longevity of this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Here. Plenty other sites just google bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

I know next time what to say to the Guards!

Here. Plenty other sites just google bro.

Thanks dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

biko wrote: »
    Mod note: this thread is about one thing: cannabis and cancer.
    Any other discussion about legalising it or general cannabis promotion will be removed and infracted.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Why?

Because there are 7 million threads about that already. Most of them carbon copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

i persuaded my now deceased mother in law to try cannabis after her radiotherapy sessions,as her appetite was gone,and she was constantly in pain.she said it worked wonders for her,and it made the last few months of her life that little bit more bearable.if it can make a terminally ill human being feel a bit better than doctors should be allowed to prescribe it,on a case by case basis even.morphine is used in every hospital in the world to treat pain,and morphine is basically pharmaceutical heroin no?just my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭eire.man

Cannabinoids have been clinically proven to cure many things but cannabis is still prohibited because you can't patent a plant. Big pharma doesn't like that. They've created synthetic cannabinoids (Marinol etc.) but users claim it's not as effective as the real thing and costs much more.

At the end of the day the only thing you can do is say fúck the prohibition, grow your own, and run the risk of being caught. I think most courts would be lenient if you explain you only grow it for yourself and use it medicinally. It's time we stand up for ourselves and demand an end to this ridiculous prohibition.

it's insane they would synthesize properties of a plant which are more expensive and less effective in treating ill people...but keep the real thing illegal!!

the problem certainly appears to be one of politics and money.
    if the pharma companies can't make money, no point promoting it.

that makes sense from a business perspective but clearly they don't genuinely care about helping people get better from sickness.

its even crazier when you consider sativex doesn't contain a synthesised cannabinoid, in fact it contains thc extracted from the cannabis plant that is so darn dangerous according to vested interests!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Mod note: this thread is about one thing - cannabis and cancer.

:confused:

i persuaded my now deceased mother in law to try cannabis after her radiotherapy sessions,as her appetite was gone,and she was constantly in pain.she said it worked wonders for her,and it made the last few months of her life that little bit more bearable.if it can make a terminally ill human being feel a bit better than doctors should be allowed to prescribe it,on a case by case basis even.morphine is used in every hospital in the world to treat pain,and morphine is basically pharmaceutical heroin no?just my two cents.

agreed the law should be more flexible

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Steve3030

Guys I have did a lot of researched on the web about Cannabis oil and it has cured humans and animals from cancer , my 13 year old dog got diagnosed with cancer and she has a tumor on her neck , where or how can I get this oil and what kind of doses to give her etc I am willing to try anything ! I know it’s illegal etc ... can anyone help me . Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Snake oil cures cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Steve3030 wrote: »
    Guys I have did a lot of researched on the web about Cannabis oil and it has cured humans and animals from cancer , my 13 year old dog got diagnosed with cancer and she has a tumor on her neck , where or how can I get this oil and what kind of doses to give her etc I am willing to try anything ! I know it’s illegal etc ... can anyone help me . Thank you

It doesn't cure cancer, it cures people of having money or sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Big pharma won't patent it because there is no money to be made in a cure for cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Jesus i must be cancer proof at this stage

Advertisement