Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you end up on boards

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Was posting regularly on a number of car forums and was linked here one day.

Made an account and never left, always more to the site to discover.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Boredom after being widowed back in 2007 led me to the Airsoft and Limerick forums.

That snowballed into the grumpy bollox I am these days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

No idea how I ended up here but my first post with this account was 16 years ago in the Mac forum. I assume I was lurking for a while before I first posted.

I also think I had another account before this one that I lost the password for in a hacking attack, and couldn’t change it because I no longer had the email address I had set the account up with. But I can’t remember what that account was called, so my real first post and the reason for me coming here are lost in the mists of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

He was. Lived in Belgrove. Was actually quite a reserved, shy, lad. Shunned the “spotlight”.

Definitely. Being writ across the UCD jacks is the very essence of the spotlight. Dear oh dear. I felt sorry for the poor bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I'm still none the wiser tbh, but he had achieved legendary status by the early 00s anyway, and already nobody at that time had any real clue what it was actually about. No idea when it actually started or why.

At the timed, i figured it was some gay guy who got the cold shoulder from this Pat character, and was scrawling all sorts of abuse as vengeance haha. But none of my class mates knew anything about it when I asked around. I think I led a very sheltered life in the science block haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I joined in 2013.
    Must have been a quiet day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I needed to start some rumours about a split personality of mine that had gone silent try urns out even my imaginary friends leave me but this one just needs coaxing out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Was reading a thread and noticed someone was wrong on a detail about something so joined to correct them.

51QTkRScg%2BL._AC_SX355_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I became vegan and wanted to find like minded peeps on an Irish forum. Being naive back then I wasn't prepared for the push back. Thanks to boards.ie I quickly learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Discovered the joys of meat late in life, came on here to find likeminded souls.
    (Second go at an account, after my first user name lost topicality)

• Advertisement

P45.net closed, and this was the only option. What was p45.net? Ask your Great Grandparents :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Forums were the hip and in thing back when I joined. We didn't have no fancy schmancy facebook and instragram.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭blackbox

Joined for something to do with cars. Can't remember exactly what. Had been reading it for a good while beforehand.

I love the fact that it is topic based.

I could never be bothered with Twitter or Facebook that are personality based.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Definitely. Being writ across the UCD jacks is the very essence of the spotlight. Dear oh dear. I felt sorry for the poor bugger.

He just ignored it altogether.
    At the timed, i figured it was some gay guy who got the cold shoulder from this Pat character, and was scrawling all sorts of abuse as vengeance haha. But none of my class mates knew anything about it when I asked around. I think I led a very sheltered life in the science block haha.

I don’t think he was gay, but never thought to ask. No, it started after one of his roommates had a few lads over for cans and they started “attributing” little sayings to him.

They weren’t abusive at all, just obscure, odd or funny. These started “appearing” on toilet walls, classroom, and lecture hall, desks. A, sort of, modern take on the ‘Kilroy was here’ graffiti.

It wasn’t until some unfunny “clowns” started adding to it, and taking the humour out of it, that it went very stale and, really, became a nuisance.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Joined after jointly setting up a martial arts club that I was hoping to promote, ended up cross training with a couple of boardsies which was good craic. Was also getting into cycling and used boards to ask a bunch of cycling questions and join in a few social spins.

Your Face wrote: »
    I joined to give out about immigration and stayed for the traveller-bashing threads.

:D

That's a good one.

Don't know if you're being facetious or half-serious. Makes no difference - still funny as f&*k :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm an advanced AI learning how to solve captchas

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement