Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you end up on boards

Options
  • 02-08-2020 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not on any other social media platform (watsapp don't count) only boards.
    I was studying Irish heritage & folklore and need a discussion group (which I haven't bothered my bollix looking for since we all found covid, jaysus that sounds like a religion). Anyway thats how I ended up on boards, with some of you losers, tossers, comedians, genuises, oh and deviants, oh and almost forgot dictators.
    Afterthought I don't know if this was done before and truthfully I don't really care.

But what divine path of wisdom or penance drove you to boards

Comments

Kylta wrote: »
    I'm not on any other social media platform (watsapp don't count) only boards.
    I was studying Irish heritage & folklore and need a discussion group (which I haven't bothered my bollix looking for since we all found covid, jaysus that sounds like a religion). Anyway thats how I ended up on boards, with some of you losers, tossers, comedians, genuises, oh and deviants, oh and almost forgot dictators.
    Afterthought I don't know if this was done before and truthfully I don't really care.

The unceasing search for enlightenment and an understanding of the meaning of life itself, once I’d realised the answer wasn’t 42

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Leaving cert forum a long time ago now

Wanted to know something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Part of my probation terms .

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Accidentally

Ireland offline

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Back in the day it wasn't about social media, but wantimg to find information about topics and discuss it with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

After consulting with my neurosurgeon, we both thought it might be therapeutic to participate on Boards immediately following my lobotomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Stumbled across it while searching the web for some car problem I had. I spent hours on the motor's forum that evening and joined shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Kylta wrote: »

Just look at the join date ..Bebo wasn't quite my scene :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

It forms an important part of my research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Interesting question, initially to get advice on a vintage car I had in storage. I wouldn't consider Boards social media though although some bizzare threads to be found, the Chicken one that appeared today (search yourselves) is, well? I'll leave it that.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Trying to find like minded musicians to jam with.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I was board

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Years ago when listening to the news boards was often mentioned as a source for polls. Cant remember what they spoke about but one day I decided to check boards out. Lurked for a few years before creating my first account which was around 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

No body else would have me.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I joined to give out about immigration and stayed for the traveller-bashing threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Just came on here to find something out. No idea what it was or when.

Welcome to the Hotel California.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

joined back on 2002 ish was on for a few years and then left my job in Dell and was working from home with only dodgy dial up so didnt go online much. couldnt remember my username when I next went on Boards so started again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Was a reader of threads for years and years.

Then was unemployed at the end of 2014 and got board applying for jobs everyday so finally signed up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Interesting question, initially to get advice on a vintage car I had in storage. I wouldn't consider Boards social media though although some bizzare threads to be found, the Chicken one that appeared today (search yourselves) is, well? I'll leave it that.

I found the chicken thread to absolutely hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Used post on an old site called Dangerhere, that got hacked and went to the big server in the sky BEFORE the cloud came along.

This place was constantly getting slagged on there so I’d heard of the name, and when Dangerhere was shut down I came over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Joined for the LGBT forum

• Registered Users Posts: 30,238 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wanted to know how people liked their steak cooked!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85729981

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I wanted to know how people liked their steak cooked!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85729981

Boardsie I mean bloody, I mean medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Originally, I posted in a DIY forum looking for some help with a plumbing alteration I was doing. No one answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

I was in an IT course with a load of Dublin yokes in 2009. They all used it. I'd never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,303 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Saw an advert for it on a dating site if I remember correctly, never heard of it before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

11 years ago now, I seem to remember that I googled something, God knows what now, and it came up as a topic on a thread on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

mustard forum

Advertisement