Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the stupidest thing you've ever done to yourself?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Only one time? Amateur....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Two that come to mind are wiping my ass with a few anti-bacterial wipes (no toilet paper) and trying to hop a barb-wire fence when I was a child.. lets just say it was lucky just my o'neill pants that got ripped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

GenieOz wrote: »
    Sadderday you sound like a right laugh! Although the finger sucking thing made me gag :pac:

Made me gag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

after my jaw operation i insisted on inserting my own suppository. They didnt tell me to remove the plastic film that the suppository is kept in.

They had to take it back out because it would never dissolve.

FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

WikiHow wrote: »
    You need one of those panic button alarm like my aunt has i reckon.

these are advertised where family live in canada with an old dear quavering,... i have fallen and i cant get up..

last week when i tripped and fell on a shifting pile of logs,with a brken wrist, just could not get a purchase on anything to get up so i quavered,,,, i have fallen and i ca;t get up,, fat lot of good as i am very isolated but seeing the funny side of it helped

andthat is my contribution to thethread of course

even more stupidwas going into denial re the broken wrist for 24 hours until it began to turn at right angles....but then i had banged my head andno one realised that,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

maybe should apologise for laughing so much at the misforunes of others but needed that laugh

thank you; has been a hard week

another one thatstill makes me cringe, at my helplessness

in the wilds of donegal, decided to call at a knitting place. had to make a very sharp downhill turn and realised to my horror that was not going to make it. was too steep to reverse and had i let the car drift there was only a low stone wall then a long sheer drop,
    sat there foot on brake, hand on and off horn, around a half hour..desperately a
    scared.
    finally a man with a withered hand appeared, wedged a stone behing thewheel, so i could at last get out, called another man and they lifted the car bodily between them back on track.....shook for a long while....went back thereweeks later using the other entrance to be to told i was not the first to do this..

[HTML][/HTML]sr

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

You know those framed pictures of Jesus that are in every Catholic Irish person's parents house? I punched one because I couldn't get my contact lenses in (the hard ones), the glass broke apart, and I started bleeding like a sieve.

I genuinely think that put a curse on me because my life got progressively worse from that exact point on.

Advertisement