Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

PommieBast wrote: »
    Even though he was health minister for quite a while I was wondering why it was him making the announcments. I don't think it will be an official Level 5 as then all the teaching unions will want schools closed, but it will be pretty close to it in practice.

Should be Stephen Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Should be Stephen Donnelly.
    He was busy with meetings about Level 5 and it's not unusual to find a random minister doing media work at weekends. It was handy that the one chosen knows what's going on.

is_that_so wrote: »
    He was busy with meetings about Level 5 and it's not unusual to find a random minister doing media work at weekends. It was handy that the one chosen knows what's going on.

Sorry, is this Simon Harris still being discussed:confused:

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sorry, is this Simon Harris still being discussed:confused:
    Yep, the former MOH who knows a whole more than the current MoH. Having been one of the main voices for months on this is a good thing to exploit when trying to push people back to March.

• Advertisement

Yep, the former MOH who knows a whole more than the current MoH. Having been one of the main voices for months on this is a good thing to exploit when trying to push people back to March.

This being the same minister of health who believed there was "19 previous covids before this one"?

The same health minister who caused the last general election because of his incompetency?

I'm afraid you have a shedload more confidence in him than I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,030 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He brought the government down ffs. :):) He'll never be in health again and god help anyone puts him in a major ministry, it will take some courage (or stupidity, so it's quite possible)

This being the same minister of health who believed there was "19 previous covids before this one"?

The same health minister who caused the last general election because of his incompetency?

I'm afraid you have a shedload more confidence in him than I do.
    My post was about him on Sunday and once they go past the COVID sub-committee he's about the only one who can comment. He's a country mile ahead of the new one.

My post was about him on Sunday and once they go past the COVID sub-committee he's about the only one who can comment. He's a country mile ahead of the new one.

Well, that's debatable in my opinion, Harris made a complete and utter haimes of the role with no pandemic, Donnelly is not in the job long enough in completely Uncharted Territory to be able to make that call just yet.

That's why they were supposed to be listening to NPHETs advice, but we had another previous minister of health and a doctor basically tell them to eff off on live TV.

None of them coming up smelling of roses.

Well, that's debatable in my opinion, Harris made a complete and utter haimes of the role with no pandemic, Donnelly is not in the job long enough in completely Uncharted Territory to be able to make that call just yet.

That's why they were supposed to be listening to NPHETs advice, but we had another previous minister of health and a doctor basically tell them to eff off on live TV.

I'm happy to call Donnelly useless and just as happy to be proved wrong but I very much doubt I will be.

Nope and that includes NPHET who added to that collective communication shambles of firing out the first Level 5 missive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'm happy to call Donnelly useless and just as happy to be proved wrong but I very much doubt I will be.

Nope and that includes NPHET who added to that collective communication shambles of firing out the first Level 5 missive.

NPHET said they didn't. It was leaked. Id wager by a former journo special adviser. Still wouldn't absolve Leo's huffy outburst or Simon's 'Me and Leo were discussing..' statement about what might be happening with restrictions.

Bowie wrote: »
    NPHET said they didn't. It was leaked. Id wager by a former journo special adviser. Still wouldn't absolve Leo's huffy outburst or Simon's 'Me and Leo were discussing..' statement about what might be happening with restrictions.

Almost all of what was happening at the cabinet meeting the other day was being leaked out. Nobody from NPHET was there.

Government is not in control of it's own minsters or compnent parties clearly.

Almost all of what was happening at the cabinet meeting the other day was being leaked out. Nobody from NPHET was there.

Government is not in control of it's own minsters or compnent parties clearly.

Harris' interview citing a discussion himself and Varadkar had over Covid restrictions couldn't be clearer. They want to be in government but distanced when it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Ignoring NPHET and the education minister making announcements in health? Some shams.
    Looking more like 5 will be happening soon enough.

This has been puzzling me. What announcements in health has Norma Foley been making?

blanch152 wrote: »
    This has been puzzling me. What announcements in health has Norma Foley been making?

Meant Harris, Minister for Further and Higher...education. You knew that though right? Beats discussing the comment content.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Very informed and well thought out critiques there, in fairness.

Many of course would just call it slinging out slurry in the hope some uninformed folk would actually give it credence.

Great fun to be able to to turn the fan up full and random, launch the patties, and watch the outcome, clear in the knowledge that your fellow travelers will actually back you up.

Luckily most informed people expect to hear that kind of stuff in drinking dens and under bridges after midnight.

Only fools would pay any heed.

Many of course would just call it slinging out slurry in the hope some uninformed folk would actually give it credence.

Great fun to be able to to turn the fan up full and random, launch the patties, and watch the outcome, clear in the knowledge that your fellow travelers will actually back you up.

Luckily most informed people expect to hear that kind of stuff in drinking dens and under bridges after midnight.

After Harris brought the government down, only 22% 'informed people' could be found.

After Harris brought the government down, only 22% 'informed people' could be found.

Strange he’s in Government then, a chara.

What is it the say about repeating your mistakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Strong Behaviours and Attitudes poll figures for FG in the latest poll released today. Big news item is the huge drop in support for SF amongst 18-34 voters.

• Advertisement

Strong Behaviours and Attitudes poll figures for FG in the latest poll released today. Big news item is the huge drop in support for SF amongst 18-34 voters.

Noticed that myself John, I suppose that’s what happens when it finally dawns on taxpayers the these are paper tigers, no substance, no responsibility, no depth of experience, just a bunch mouthpieces trying to undermine everything the govt brings to bear.

Despite the best efforts of the media there are folk out there who, like ourselves, understand who things are done, that just ‘calling’ for stuff is useless without taking the full picture into account.

Now of course mistakes have been made, but what this poll outcome presents is that genuine people are not taken in by the magic money tree and the type of folk behind the policies promulgated, which seems to have its basis in throwing money at everything, till it runs out.

The mainstream media were discussing the break down in covid tracing by the HSE and MM saying he wasn't told and the idea that Ireland might be going back to level 5 after all. Today's big one was nursing home cases. But I'm sure the FG Twitter was a buzz with the polls.

Polls are relevant today I see. I could swear there were psoters claiming the meant nothing a while ago. :)

Thank you Bren. I appreciate that.

Wait a goddam min here....... Have you picked out anything specific in the post you disagree with, or are you just throwing out patties hoping some stick?

Irony - you couldn't write this shît. :p

Auld bitter balls strikes again,

**Insert angry man yells at cloud meme here**:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Quoting the twitter 'cess pit'? :)
    ...A load of halfwits on Twitter thinking what they say has any impact.
    ...Bit all over the place that post. Like the sort of thing you’d read on Twitter.
    ...That sort of political naivety might appeal to halfwits on Twitter.

Seems the "mouth-breathing morons on Twitter" have their uses.

I think FG shouldn't throw in the towel while bearing some of the responsibility of government. It really shows the nature of the party that looking like maybe doing well in some election down the road has more importance than the well being of the country while they actually are in government. #notanormalparty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Fixed it muah!

"His glass is empty" at the end. :D

Thankfully we never gave him anything important to do...oh wait..

• Advertisement

Buying wreaths for All Soul's Day or socks for your children is "not essential", Minister of State Damien English has said.

Speaking on RTÉ's Prime Time, the Minister of State for Employment Affairs and Retail Businesses defended the Government's policy of ensuring that mixed retailers only sold goods that were classed as "essential".

When asked if it was the case that someone can buy a bottle of wine but not socks for their child, Mr English said "socks come under clothes".

Very unsympathetic robotic response.
    #notanormalparty

Surely the clothes section in a chain that also sells food could be exempt? It's literally aisles within a space people already are. In fact it expands the space.

Advertisement