Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Eleanor : Tuesday 02nd PM / Weds 03rd Jan 2108

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

WRF-NMM 18Z not as strong as the earlier run, showing very strong winds running along S coasts.

tempresult_tmp9.gif

tempresult_bsm8.gif

tempresult_goa2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ARPEGE 18Z

9182_ylg6.png

3012_nuc1.png

9154_phq6.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So Cork might get a bit of this storm then? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

North Kildare so time for the Christmas lights to come down you reckon and secure the bins? We have one of those light up figures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

If cork gets that it should get an upgrade right? Still some time I suppose, its most likely a now moment type of storm im guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

RobertKK wrote: »
    Including Carlow in Orange warning but no Kilkenny, it even looks wrong on the map.

Yes, the very same anomoly as not including Roscommon while Galway and Longford/Westmesth are included.

Sometimes you get the impression these county lists for warnings are put together by someone without access to a map!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

km79 wrote: »

I'll be securing mine anyway, Dylan moved them as they were only half full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Where’s my last post on here gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

That ARPEGE 18Z puts me right in some of the strongest gusts around 8pm. It will be all over very quickly though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

fraxinus1 wrote: »

Possibly gone with the wind ;)

I think we all have a few posts deleted from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

certainly does,you should get some high gusts and very high seas along the west coast along with high tide about 5pm. interesting 24 hours ahead for bottom two thirds of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I wonder if the strong winds coming behind Eleanor from that current large storm depression during Wednesday will be strong enough to be named Fionn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Eleanor, Fionn and Georgina in the one go this week perhaps.

Wind at Dublin will be from 220°, gusting 55 knots, from 1800-2000 tomorrow. This is the dreaded direction that leads to multiple diversions, especially if the runway is wet, which it may be. Expect delays and have a listen to LiveATC.

I wonder if the strong winds coming behind Eleanor from that current large storm depression during Wednesday will be strong enough to be named Fionn.

Fionn MacCumhaill, if temperatures take a dip:D

Don't mind me Gaoth, a bit giddy this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

That feature that passes across south Ulster on the AROME looks brutal:

tempresult_tzu9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Thursday looks more and more like it'll be another one too, so that would be fairly crazy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

fraxinus1 wrote: »

Added nothing constructive to the conversation so was removed , and so were the ones that quoted it .

MJohnston wrote: »
    Thursday looks more and more like it'll be another one too, so that would be fairly crazy.

It'll be like the Beautiful South song from 1989.. 'Jennifer, Alison, Phillipa, Sue, Deborah and Annabelle too' :)

Song for Whoever

• Advertisement

STATUS ORANGE

Wind Warning for Munster, Leinster and south Galway
    Update on previous warning. Storm Eleanor will move in off the Atlantic later this afternoon and will move very quickly across the country this evening. Southwest to west winds of mean speeds 65 to 80 km/h, gusting to 110 to 130 km/h., are expected.
    Very high seas along Atlantic coasts, with a risk of coastal flooding also.

Issued:Tuesday 02 January 2018 05:03
    Valid:Tuesday 02 January 2018 16:00 to Tuesday 02 January 2018 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

5am TAF for Shannon has gusts of 60 knots forecast between 5pm and 7pm. Its going to pack quite a punch in places this one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Shedbebreezy

GFS going for a max gust of 53mph at Dublin airport

5am TAF for Shannon has gusts of 60 knots forecast between 5pm and 7pm. Its going to pack quite a punch in places this one!

And the max at Dublin has dropped 5 knots to 50 knots. Cork 52 knots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Shedbebreezy

More in line with the GFS. GFS 56mph for Cork Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest ECMWF model giving wind gusts at EIDW to 65 knots this evening.

Take care this evening.

UnzmfkM.png?1

tempresult_shb1.gif

tempresult_nir6.gif

tempresult_gds4.gif

tempresult_rbc0.gif

Some rough weather overnight into Weds in Store.

tempresult_jzx0.gif

tempresult_scm4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

GFS going for a max gust of 53mph at Dublin airport

While that is quite high for Dublin, it is not likely to cause any damage. It looks like a blustery evening for the central parts of Ireland but nothing out of the ordinary. Unless this wave feature does a weather bomb, it’s difficult to see where gusts to 130kmph are going to come from.

Mod Note: fraxinus1 . Do not attempt to derail this thread . Desist from your type of posting .

• Advertisement

Stingjet potential?

Advertisement