Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

giving up

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

They'll have to prise my MS phone from my cold dead hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I actually have migrated back onto a Windows Phone for work purposes because it just works flawless with the corporate environment and is pleasant to use.

They offered me an iPhone/android but I rather use my old Windows Phone as it does everything I need for the corporate environment, sure one could replicate most with android but it just so easy to use and some programs are just better than their android counterparts.

Private I still use an Android device due to the application gap but the corporate apps are all available either as windows or internet apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Is there a radio on the 535? And where is it?

What happened to all my pics on Zunes? Where did they go, and are they gone for good? Thousands of them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

tampopo wrote: »
    Is there a radio on the 535? And where is it?

What happened to all my pics on Zunes? Where did they go, and are they gone for good? Thousands of them

There's an FM Radio app, or was anyway. I don't know what your second question means.

Thanks.

Several years ago, when I connected my phone to a pc, it transferred all my pics to Zunes, presumably Microsoft's photo cloud. Haven't heard of it for years and I wondered if anyone had a similar experience

Thanks.

Several years ago, when I connected my phone to a pc, it transferred all my pics to Zunes, presumably Microsoft's photo cloud. Haven't heard of it for years and I wondered if anyone had a similar experience

Maybe try logging into OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage service, and see if they got transferred to that? Use whatever account you used back then, I suppose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is there a radio on the 535? And where is it?...

Microsoft removed the stock radio in some of the updates. Dunno if your is effected. You have to download a radio app if it is.

Thanks.

I don't think Zunes was cloud service.

beauf wrote: »
    I don't think Zunes was cloud service.

I see. Do you know what it was?
    I don't expect to see them again but thought here would be the best place to ask

• Advertisement

OneDrive is the only Microsoft cloud photo storage service still available, so if it's not there, it won't be anywhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zune#Zune_software

Sounds like it was just stored on the local PC.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Giving up ... and moving on. Today I bought a Samsung A70 to replace my old Windows phone - a Nokia Lumia 950XL.

Now the fun begins in trying to transfer everything over. OK with Contacts, Calendar and email as they are all linked to my Google account.

But problems with:
    Whatsapp
    call history
    SMS

Anyone have a solution for transferring these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Beagslife

I'm not sure if this would be of any benefit. MS Launcher
    I've only recently picked up a 950XL after a couple years with the 950. Still enjoying it despite some of the hardships!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

leck wrote: »
    Giving up ... and moving on. Today I bought a Samsung A70 to replace my old Windows phone - a Nokia Lumia 950XL.

Now the fun begins in trying to transfer everything over. OK with Contacts, Calendar and email as they are all linked to my Google account.

But problems with:
    Whatsapp
    call history
    SMS

Anyone have a solution for transferring these?
    For SMS, I used this method. It worked well for me on a 950 and 950XL with thousands of SMS messages.

For WhatsApp, it looks like it might be possible as long as you don't have a 950/950XL. I have seen anecdotal evidence of others with an old 640/XL lying around and they switched to use that for WhatsApp (restored backup from OneDrive) and then exported. I didn't have any other phones lying around.

This was no good for the phones I had, though. So I guess I was out of luck and just had to export the chat history to keep as a plain text history, and unfortunately cannot confirm if this worked.

Call History, I couldn't find a method for this - sorry.

I have found Microsoft Launcher to be surprisingly good, close to stock Android launcher with a bunch of nice MS-specific twists.

• Advertisement

For SMS, I used this method. It worked well for me on a 950 and 950XL with thousands of SMS messages.

For WhatsApp, it looks like it might be possible as long as you don't have a 950/950XL. I have seen anecdotal evidence of others with an old 640/XL lying around and they switched to use that for WhatsApp (restored backup from OneDrive) and then exported. I didn't have any other phones lying around.

This was no good for the phones I had, though. So I guess I was out of luck and just had to export the chat history to keep as a plain text history, and unfortunately cannot confirm if this worked.

Call History, I couldn't find a method for this - sorry.

I have found Microsoft Launcher to be surprisingly good, close to stock Android launcher with a bunch of nice MS-specific twists.
    I'm just trying to transfer SMS messages this evening using the first method. But I'm stuck.

I did a backup on my Windows phone, which created an 856KB file in the folder smsBackup. I copied that to OneDrive.

Next I went to the Android phone and checked that I could see the backup file in OneDrive.

I started the app Import SMS From Windows Phone but of course it tells me it can't find the backup file. I know I need to move it into the phone itself but not sure how to do that. Any advice?

[EDITED TO ADD - I figured it out. I either shared or copied (can't remember) the backup file to the phone, then the app could see and I think now all my messages are restored]

My next step is to attempt moving Whatsapp from Windows phone to Android.

But I have a 950XL on Windows 10.0 and the transfer app won't work on that.

One suggestion is to update an older phone to Windows 10, then load Whatsapp on that before transferring to Android. I have two old Windows phones - a Nokia Lumia 521 on Windows 8.0 and a Nokia Lumia 630 on Windows 8.1. From what I've read, it's not easy to install Windows 10 on either of those. Anyone tried similar?

Advertisement