Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

29 degrees possible May 28th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭pauldry

22c Mt Dillon 11am

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the forecasts and models were always going for max 26, maybe hinting at 27C. Not sure where the 29C came from, that would be an incredible temperature to reach and records would be broken. 26 or 27C in May is still a fantastic achievement for Irish weather in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

22 C at Shannon and Costume Baracks (Athlone) at 11.30. Costume baracks will be interesting to watch as it's located in the centre of the town and more representative of an urban area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Temperature forecast for 5pm this afternoon, and not just any old temperature forecast, but a 'flex scale' one... whatever in the name of God that is. Seems to be a good indicator though of temp distributions:

It has me at 21°c max, but already 23°c here in south Laois!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

21.5C a short time ago here near Tralee.

Cloud around 5/8

• Advertisement

Yup my 28.4c prediction way over the top

Probably mount Dillon will top whatever they get 26 or 27.

Other parts of west might touch 26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

22 C at Shannon and Costume Baracks (Athlone) at 11.30. Costume baracks will be interesting to watch as it's located in the centre of the town and more representative of an urban area.

With the breeze today why would Athlone would have any different temperatures than surrounding rural areas?

Mount Dillon 23 at midday. All others 22 or less.

Neddyusa wrote: »
    With the breeze today why would Athlone would have any different temperatures than surrounding rural areas?

It depends on how much the breeze gets up. At the moment it's southeast 6 knots there.

It's a large concreted area in an urban setting so more in line with many people's locations. With a southeasterly or easterly breeze it gets air from an urban source.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4244003,-7.9478849,306m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Regardsgreen

Mount Dillon 23 at midday. All others 22 or less.

Belmullet is 23.

• Advertisement

Belmullet is 23.

Sorry, you're right, it's 22.5.

Sorry, you're right, it's 22.5.

Newport "only" 21c but watch Newport make a comeback. Its often warmer there as some of the rest cool. 23.9c yesterday....they might still get over 26.

Hovering between 22°c and 23°c the last while now in a 10mph southeasterly. South Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

It just means that the coloured scale on the bottom only ranges from the lowest to the highest values within the area shown in the map. It changes as you move or zoom in or out. It allows much higher-resolution colour shading on the chart.

I agree with you on the such a high figure. I don't think 27.0 will be reached.

Thanks GL, and that makes sense. Wouldn't you think that this glaring obviousness would have registered in my brain?

@ Danno, I think that those same charts had higher temperatures for you earlier in the day before the body of warmth shifted somewhat more northwards as per that 5pm chart. The reason I posted that particular one is because maxima tends to peak around that time at this time of year.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

23 at noon today.
    North Kerry.
    Getting cloudy now

Gone above 23°c now and the breeze has dropped slightly here in south Laois.

And all of a shot 24°c reached just on the stroke of 1pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Warm weather is cool.

1 pm:

24 °C - Shannon, Costume Baracks, Belmullet, Claremorris, Mount Dillon,

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

1 pm:

24 °C - Shannon, Costume Baracks, Belmullet, Claremorris, Mount Dillon,

I can confirm it is roasting on south mayo
    Heavenly

• Advertisement

24.4c in my back yard at mo.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Garden is a real sun trap. Too hot to sit out in it at the moment here in the midlands. Need a parasol.

Feck it, think will get a few cold ones for the evening and enjoy it.

Only 23c in Sligo....rubbish day

pauldry wrote: »
    Only 23c in Sligo....rubbish day

:D

Remember after the heat abated in Early July 2018 and was thinking the same. Pffft, 24°c! A big cool down from the 31.3°c recorded a few days before!

2 pm:

25 degrees at Athenry, Claremorris and Mount Dillon.
    24 at Belmullet, Custome Barracks, Donegal Airport, Finner, Gurteen, Mullingar, Newport, Shannon

Gwon Newport

Custume Barracks in Athlone now 25 too at 13:30. Broken cirrus at 23,000 ft, so maybe shaving a degree or so off what it could have been.

METAR EIAC 281330Z AUTO 17008KT 120V210 9999 BKN230/// 25/14 Q1029=

Temps seems to have stabilised here in last hour with no real rise observed.

New Moon

26.8c in my back garden in Sligo.

Will that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

pauldry wrote: »
    26.8c in my back garden in Sligo.

Will that count?

see your 26.8 and raise you to 41° in my polytunnel :) (both doors are open )
    pity im still in work.

Advertisement