Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"What series are you on?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Sopranos is my all time favourite. I'm tempted to start watching Stranger Things now with all the hype about it. Game of Thrones is a modern legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

Just finished "The Night Of" and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Just started watching The Sopranos Series 1 for the 1st time!!!
    How far behind am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Game of thrones is by no metric an average series, whatever your personal opinion on it.
    It's an entirely average series.

The first season or two was excellent drama from which it then became a dramatic sketch show of sorts, increasingly sporadic in terms of quality scenes/episodes. The source material saves it from being total farce, but the show is closer to Pirates of the Carribean than Lord of the Rings in terms of rewarding and thought-provoking film-making.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

House of Cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Currently watching the latest episode of Ray Donovan. Also into Fear the Walking Dead. Awaiting the new series of Supernatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

Archer...

End thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Finished with Stranger Things...great trip back to the '80s for this 35 yo.

This evening I finally started on Fargo season 2...was put off initially when I heard the cast and just thought it can't live up to season 1 which was incredible. S2 is pretty good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

There is just so much out there. We watch a lot, we've seen most of the big ones: Game of Thrones, The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The West Wing. Some of the newer ones: Better Call Saul, Penny Dreadful, Stranger Things, The Get Down. Currently getting through Daredevil, the wife has her girly shows, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Jane the Virgin and we're waiting for season 12 of Supernatural to start.

But no matter what we watch, people always come out with ones that we never heard off / haven't seen yet. Impossible to see everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Next on the list for me is Breaking Bad.

I've watched it all 3 times already, but damn...I miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Rectify & Fargo are the standouts of the last couple of years for me.

Was very underwhelmed by Stranger Things & kinda baffled it gained so much traction.
    I'd have to agree, just finished watching it the weekend and thought it was a bit...weird. Just seems a bit childish with a few cheap scares. Then again, I don't normally go for supernatural/fantasy type stuff such as LOTR, GoT etc. Don't think I'll bother with the second season.

Somebody mentioned The Fall, now that's an excellent series. When is the next season out?

I tend to struggle a bit to really get into TV series as once you sit down to start one, you really have to be committed from the get-go. So if I watch a few eps and I'm not really "feeling it", there's always the temptation to switch to something else given that there's just so many to pick from out there. Can never understand some people who seem to be up to date on every series, it's like where the hell do you find the time to watch everything?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I concur with The Fall. Intense great viewing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Outcast is brilliant. It's about demonic possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Glenroe ,season 1 ep 1 ... That theme tune has me hooked already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Going to start Wolf Creek TV show tonight.

Best active shows for me at the moment are Game of thrones, Fargo, the leftovers, Rectify, Daredevil, Narcos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Not at all, I'm pretty good at guessing which new shows are ones I absolutely need to see, which are probably pretty good but in no rush to (tons of these) and which are big steaming piles of ****e that will drag on forever (the Walking Dead is the most noteworthy one currently, also anything on Showtime).

There's also a lot of shows that get a flurry of hype that I can pretty easily tell aren't for me. I can't even be bothered to download Stranger Things, at best it's a very good homage of a type of thing I don't like very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I can't say I find it overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

I got the full box set of Coronation Street as a present.

It's brutal....I've had to build an extension on me house for all the dvds and I haven't been to work since January!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

The Soprano's and The Wire are the Messi and Ronaldo of TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Been on a mini-series binge at the moment, They tend to have less filler. Lately i've watched

The Night Manager
    The Night Of

All of them are excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

gammygils wrote:
    Just started watching The Sopranos Series 1 for the 1st time!!! How far behind am I?

Lucky you. You're in for a real treat. Would be my all time favourite show.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭childsplay

Loved Stranger Things.
    Liked Outcast.
    Can't wait to see the new series of The Walking Dead.
    Better Call Saul is a great watch too.
    Just finished Sons of Anarchy.. Haven't made up my mind on that front yet.
    Also loved Mad Men.

Unearthly wrote:
    Going to start Wolf Creek TV show tonight.

Wasn't sure what l thought of it. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

childsplay wrote: »
    Just finished Sons of Anarchy.. Haven't made up my mind on that front yet.

Thought it just got stupid at the end, Killing 20 people per episode and no police investigations, silly stuff

In telly land everything is possible...even mass murder without fear of incrimination. I thought it got stupid in the middle...the whole Belfast thing. But the last series was much better. Still don't know if I liked Jax or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

The Leftovers is possibly the best written and acted series on air at the moment. That said, it's not for everybody, it is a show about dealing with grief and as such there are no answers to the multiple questions it raises, occasionally it is harrowing to watch. One character in particular playing by (why has he not won all the Emmys?) Christopher Eccelston truly suffers the trials of Job.

I zipped through Preacher this summer and it was quite hit and miss. It feels like a 90 minute movie that has been stretched to a 10 hour series, it storms out of the gate with a brilliant pilot and then treads a lot of water until it's season closer but there were enough standout moments along the way to ensure I give season 2 a go, and Ruth Negga and Joseph Gilguin give standout performances.

Stranger things was the justified hit of the Summer, drenched in 80's nostalgia (but not dependent on it) it's a mashup of Spielberg's greatests hits, part E.T. part Close Encounters part Poultergiest it still manages to be it's own thing and highly entertaining to boot. It also includes some great characters and performance from it's young cast who, for once, play children that act, behave and talk like children.

Next up for me is the highly anticipated HBO series 'Westworld' based on Michael Creighton's novel, the trailers so far suggest that this has huge potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

I'm way behind on TV shows.

Watching one now and a guy that was killed in the last season is taking a shower in the opening episode of the next.

Maybe is a dream sequence. Will post back later.

I think you may have missed an entire season.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

childsplay wrote: »
    Just finished Sons of Anarchy.. Haven't made up my mind on that front yet

Completely ridiculous! Enjoyed the first few seasons and then it went a bit mad. The last season was particularly bad

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've just realised I'm in the middle of loads of shows at the moment.

Mr. Robot S2
    The Night Of - a couple of episodes left
    Bloodline - Wrapping up S1
    The West Wing - Started S1
    X-Files - Season 7
    It's Always Sunny - S8 - I'm just always rewatching this though
    Roadies - S1
    Vice Principles - S1
    Baller - S2
    Preacher - S1

I watch too much stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Current stuff that's still airing..

Suits Season 5
    Fear The Walking Dead
    Power
    Ray Donovan

up to date on stuff in no particular order, some of which I find ****e, but still watch because of some weird loyalty to them after getting this far into em.. like..
    Gotham
    Brooklyn 99
    Agents of Shield
    Elementary
    Flash
    Arrow
    Legends of tomorrow
    The Walking Dead
    Archer
    BoJack
    House of Cards
    GOt
    It's Always Sunny
    DareDevil
    Jessica Jones
    Peaky Blinders
    OITNB
    Rick and Morty
    Preacher
    Silicon Valley
    Stranger Things
    Fargo
    Better Call Saul
    The Night Of

those are just now though,,I imagine a **** ton of them are back soon..and they're only recent shows...

Kinda terrifying looking back at the amount of hours put into em all..

Advertisement