Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New slurry tank with dribble bar prices

Options
  • 16-06-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a few prices for new slurry tanks with the dribble bar. What makes are dearer/ cheaper e.g. major, abbey, hi spec, red rock etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What size tanks? Ballpark 40-50k depending on spec. They're really milking the grant money. We're beside Abbey, but a good few Conor tanks sold around here in the last year or so.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Bought our tank dec 17. €32500
    Had gone up €5000 by March 18.
    God only know s what it would be now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Bought our tank dec 17. €32500
    Had gone up €5000 by March 18.
    God only know s what it would be now.

What make size and spec if you don’t mind me asking?

Panch18 wrote: »
    What make size and spec if you don’t mind me asking?

Conor 2500. Galvanised with the 7m economy trailing shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Belmac do a 2500 gallon tanker for 15 grand
    Dribble bar around 12...I think they are best out there money wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Belmac 2500 here. Cost 16k Inc vat last year. Put a slurryquip dribble bar on it for 12k inc vat. So 28k total

Get the shoe. Worth the extra few euros.
    Far better when there is grass cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

One thing I won't be doing anymore is chasing salesmen. They either want to do business or they don't . Rang 5 dealers/agents in the last 3 weeks re pricing a new tank and dribble bar and only 2 have given a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Expect any new so called reps scheme will have low emissions slurry spreading mandatory upon joining. expect price of these things will then rise sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

ruwithme wrote: »
    Expect any new so called reps scheme will have low emissions slurry spreading mandatory upon joining. expect price of these things will then rise sharpish.

That’s very true. They are already over priced and contractors change handsomely per hr. Reps might not be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

lefthooker wrote: »
    One thing I won't be doing anymore is chasing salesmen. They either want to do business or they don't . Rang 5 dealers/agents in the last 3 weeks re pricing a new tank and dribble bar and only 2 have given a quote

This is a massive problem with most dealerships.
    How bloody hard is it to give out a price on a machine.
    It always amazes me,there selling machines every week and don't seem to know the price when you ask for it.ill get back to ya is what you'll hear.absolute bull****.

jntsnk wrote: »
    That’s very true. They are already over priced and contractors change handsomely per hr. Reps might not be worth it

What price are you paying per hr for slurry spreading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

richie123 wrote: »
    This is a massive problem with most dealerships.
    How bloody hard is it to give out a price on a machine.
    It always amazes me,there selling machines every week and don't seem to know the price when you ask for it.ill get back to ya is what you'll hear.absolute bull****.

I think it’s salesmen in general and it’s like they’re trying to wade thru the time wasters and dreamers.
    I’ve a close friend who’s a tractor dealer. I was shocked at his ignorance during and after a call from a potential customer. It was an after hours call but he advertises online so should be prepared to answer calls in the evenings. I said if I was in the other end of the line I wouldn’t be bothering him again.
    It’s a wonder how some places stay in business.
    Of the 5 I’m known to 4 of them and have bought from 3 of them. And our last 2 tankers came from 1 of them.
    The 2 prices I’ve got are from major dealers, the abbey men don’t seem interested yet;
    2400gal galv on 800s with 7.5m dribble bar = 37-38k

And while we’re on dealerships, CAR GARAGES 😡
    You’re circumstances may change and you may need to upgrade the family car. So you’re out for a drive some evening and swing by a dealership to see what’s available. Something catches your eye so you get out and walk over to the vehicle to check out the price, mileage etc. hanging of the windscreen, do a quick walk around checking out bodywork. You’re walking back to your own car thinking I might be interested and then the crackly intercom tells you to leave the premises immediately and if you don’t we have you on camera the Gardai will be called.
    Well you can keep your bloody car and if you don’t want customers looking at them lock them in a bloody compound 🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

lefthooker wrote: »
    I think it’s salesmen in general and it’s like they’re trying to wade thru the time wasters and dreamers.
    I’ve a close friend who’s a tractor dealer. I was shocked at his ignorance during and after a call from a potential customer. It was an after hours call but he advertises online so should be prepared to answer calls in the evenings. I said if I was in the other end of the line I wouldn’t be bothering him again.
    It’s a wonder how some places stay in business.
    Of the 5 I’m known to 4 of them and have bought from 3 of them. And our last 2 tankers came from 1 of them.
    The 2 prices I’ve got are from major dealers, the abbey men don’t seem interested yet;
    2400gal galv on 800s with 7.5m dribble bar = 37-38k

And while we’re on dealerships, CAR GARAGES ��
    You’re circumstances may change and you may need to upgrade the family car. So you’re out for a drive some evening and swing by a dealership to see what’s available. Something catches your eye so you get out and walk over to the vehicle to check out the price, mileage etc. hanging of the windscreen, do a quick walk around checking out bodywork. You’re walking back to your own car thinking I might be interested and then the crackly intercom tells you to leave the premises immediately and if you don’t we have you on camera the Gardai will be called.
    Well you can keep your bloody car and if you don’t want customers looking at them lock them in a bloody compound ����

I know the feeling. I was pricing around as well. i found that really you're better off actually driving to the place instead of ringing because a lot of them are horrid to get back to you on the phone.

There is some amount of choice now nearly too much wrt to slurry tankers. I see grass tech are making tankers now as well.

Another one to add too your list:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/manurespreaders-for-sale/tankers-and-dribble-bars-with-bomech-macerator/25076822 :pac:

You would think with the amount of ones now on the market it should be possible to strike a good deal but they all seem flat out with this LESS grant,

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Reggie. wrote: »

Do all my own agitation and slurry spreading. Old school here. Splash plate tanker. Beef farming , so trying to keep cost down with only essential purchases. Couldn’t see spending 30-40k to spread ****e almost the same way as cost effective. Will battle on until the market is a wash with secondhand ones in about 5 yrs.

70/hr my neighbour was charged for the low emission spreading

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

130 / hr with umbilical and dribble bar. Would be equivalent to 3 tankers going in output I'd say, roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Mooooo wrote: »
    130 / hr with umbilical and dribble bar. Would be equivalent to 3 tankers going in output I'd say, roughly

Abd none of the mess or compaction

Abd none of the mess or compaction

If your spreading land around the tank can't beat it really for output. Extremely thick slurry would catch it alright. Lads aren't fond of plastic either! Have a couple of tanks around the yard so have our own agitator which we use to mix and pump between tanks so I have it mixed they just land and go. Using new guys who've just got the pipe this year as previous crowd exited but they are sound and closer as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

jntsnk wrote: »
    Do all my own agitation and slurry spreading. Old school here. Splash plate tanker. Beef farming , so trying to keep cost down with only essential purchases. Couldn’t see spending 30-40k to spread ****e almost the same way as cost effective. Will battle on until the market is a wash with secondhand ones in about 5 yrs.

70/hr my neighbour was charged for the low emission spreading

There are some guys out there selling secondhand dribble bars and trailing shoes attachments for the back of tanks. A friend of mine bought one and was waiting for it to be attached last spring.

And, as you said, there's not going to be widespread adoption until there's a well supplied secondhand market though I'd say it will be a while beyond 5 years.

Not really. Two tankers can keep up with the umbilical

• Advertisement

Not really. Two tankers can keep up with the umbilical

It'd rattle the three alright down here, rolls out to the furthest point cross country and works there way back with 200+ hp driving the pump. If they have to go different directions or skip between ground twud slow em a bit alright but generally get it when I have blocks of ground, spring time or silage but in the one direction or block three tankers would be flat out to be spreading as much

It'd rattle the three alright down here, rolls out to the furthest point cross country and works there way back with 200+ hp driving the pump. If they have to go different directions or skip between ground twud slow em a bit alright but generally get it when I have blocks of ground, spring time or silage but in the one direction or block three tankers would be flat out to be spreading as much
    Well I know I was spreading with another tanker. I was managing 3 loads an hour or 4 and the other tanker 2. So between us we moved 12,500 gallons and hour and over 3 12hr days we practically emptied a 500,000 gallon tower.

All sorts of ground from paddocks to silage ground to maize ground covered over them days.

Umbilical isn't the saviour either. I wager we were as value for money as the umbilical and more versatile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Well I know I was spreading with another tanker. I was managing 3 loads an hour or 4 and the other tanker 2. So between us we moved 12,500 gallons and hour and over 3 12hr days we practically emptied a 500,000 gallon tower.

All sorts of ground from paddocks to silage ground to maize ground covered over them days.

Umbilical isn't the saviour either. I wager we were as value for money as the umbilical and more versatile

True but wouldn’t leave as much tracks in early spring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,073 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Tbf newer tanks with better axel set ups ,bigger low pressure tyres and a driver with a brain are very easy on ground even in spring umbilical has a place granted but to say they do little to damage is a stretch stakes and fences can have nice bit damage done pulling around pipes and I’ve yet to see a driver that can put any sort of accuracy on what’s going out I’ve used umbilical and t shoe tank and dribble bar tank and out of them all only one I’d have back is the 2750 gallon tank with t shoe

Only any real damage is usually at the gaps. Pull of a landlevel or harrow when it dries up and a bit of grass seed and ya would barely know the tank was there

The guy we use can do 25k gallons an hour with 6 inch pipes.
    Definitely not the full answer to slurry spreading bit ideal for the land around the parlour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭visatorro

The guy we use can do 25k gallons an hour with 6 inch pipes. Definitely not the full answer to slurry spreading bit ideal for the land around the parlour

Same here but tankers will always be needed. I wouldn't move away from the pipes though for the big job's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Tbf newer tanks with better axel set ups ,bigger low pressure tyres and a driver with a brain are very easy on ground even in spring umbilical has a place granted but to say they do little to damage is a stretch stakes and fences can have nice bit damage done pulling around pipes and I’ve yet to see a driver that can put any sort of accuracy on what’s going out I’ve used umbilical and t shoe tank and dribble bar tank and out of them all only one I’d have back is the 2750 gallon tank with t shoe

Umbilical s are only suited to trailing shoe,with dribble bars they mark too.much grass if ground is not bearish. Umbilical is handy now and again but they now are nearly as heavy as tanks and mark ground on hills.a 2200 gl tank with a good operator is nearly as handy though as you have alot less wires down and posts cracked and stuff.we always like to get slurry back to silage ground and.slatted house slurry is more suited to tanks so we probably buy our own dribble bar

K.G. wrote: »
    Umbilical s are only suited to trailing shoe,with dribble bars they mark too.much grass if ground is not bearish. Umbilical is handy now and again but they now are nearly as heavy as tanks and mark ground on hills.a 2200 gl tank with a good operator is nearly as handy though as you have alot less wires down and posts cracked and stuff.we always like to get slurry back to silage ground and.slatted house slurry is more suited to tanks so we probably buy our own dribble bar

We covered the whole milking block with slurry here the 3rd week of jan.
    Farm cover was 1100, no issues with dirty grass.

Our silage ground too far to draw slurry too so we just buy 0 7 30 for it and use less p and k at home them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

We covered the whole milking block with slurry here the 3rd week of jan.
    Farm cover was 1100, no issues with dirty grass.

Our silage ground too far to draw slurry too so we just buy 0 7 30 for it and use less p and k at home them

January fine but march on i think you would want ground just grazed for dribble bar. Trailing shoe id better for longer grass

Advertisement