Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

57 year old* Bartolo Colon close to signing a minor league deal with Detroit apparently.

*may or may not be his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

57 year old* Bartolo Colon close to signing a minor league deal with Detroit apparently.

*may or may not be his age.

A week or two too late. Could've seen him vs. the Mets!

Poor old Bill Buckner died today. If you haven't seen it, watch the ESPN film 'Catching Hell' and see the awful stuff he had to go through after the '86 World Series. And he put up with all the crap with such dignity. Sorry to hear he has passed away.

Poor old Bill Buckner died today. If you haven't seen it, watch the ESPN film 'Catching Hell' and see the awful stuff he had to go through after the '86 World Series. And he put up with all the crap with such dignity. Sorry to hear he has passed away.

Yes, he made that error, but the Sawx should've won that game. Calvin Schiraldi and Bob Stanley were the real villains there. 2 outs no one on, and couldn't get another out. Pathetic bullpen.

And it was both the worst and best inning in my life to that point :)

Check out the throw by Bellinger last night. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Also in a really funny Curb Your Enthusiasm episode

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

8-10 wrote:
    Also in a really funny Curb Your Enthusiasm episode

I think he was in a few episodes - very funny and hats off to him for doing it.

Do you mean "Behind the Bag?" https://youtu.be/4CR9kKGeE5Q

I think "Catching Hell" was about Steve Bartman.

Lots of praise for Buckner today, all deserved. One comment mentioned Bob Stanley got a real late break from the pitcher's mound and likely would not have beaten Wilson to 1st base had Buckner fielded the ball cleanly and tried to throw him out.

But, we'll never know. Baseball's great that way.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Do you mean "Behind the Bag?" https://youtu.be/4CR9kKGeE5Q

I think "Catching Hell" was about Steve Bartman.

Lots of praise for Buckner today, all deserved. One comment mentioned Bob Stanley got a real late break from the pitcher's mound and likely would not have beaten Wilson to 1st base had Buckner fielded the ball cleanly and tried to throw him out.

But, we'll never know. Baseball's great that way.

While Catching Hell is primarily about Bartman, the second half does go into the Buckner play and the crap he had to deal with in detail too.

Great comeback from the Dodgers last night. Down by 5 in the 7th, and won it on a walkoff in the 9th.
    1 run in the 7th
    2 in the 8th
    3 in the 9th

• Advertisement

Great comeback from the Dodgers last night. Down by 5 in the 7th, and won it on a walkoff in the 9th.
    1 run in the 7th
    2 in the 8th
    3 in the 9th

Actually got up at 6 to watch the end of this and thought it was in the bag. Diaz had a nightmare. Awful start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

So this Franmil Reyes, Chris Paddack 'I will always love you remix' is a thing now i guess.

Most home runs in a month ever last month (1,135)

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-hitters-set-record-for-most-homers-in-month

Juiced ball?

Most home runs in a month ever last month (1,135)

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-hitters-set-record-for-most-homers-in-month

Juiced ball?
    Seems like it, especially if you listen to the Met's announcers. Lots of non-power hitters hitting homeruns. Pitchers, 'defense-first' infielders, ...

Jay Bruce and his 14 HRs close to getting traded to Philly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Jay Bruce and his 14 HRs close to getting traded to Philly.

Will be interesting to see how much of his salary the Phillies will take - the Bruce salary was always the downside to the Mariners of the Cano/Diaz trade, offloading it would be huge.

Will be interesting to see how much of his salary the Phillies will take - the Bruce salary was always the downside to the Mariners of the Cano/Diaz trade, offloading it would be huge.

Good bit of business by the Mariners. Dump Cano and Bruce's salaries and take on some great young prospects.

Been very impressed with the Dodgers so far this season. 2 months in, and apart from one poor series against the Cards, I think they haven't lost another series.

I know, it's only June 2nd, but everything is clicking at the moment. Long may it continue

Good bit of business by the Mariners. Dump Cano and Bruce's salaries and take on some great young prospects.

Deal is done with Phillies taking most of his salary apparently. Not sure who Mariners are getting in return but I doubt they will care.

Deal is done with Phillies taking most of his salary apparently. Not sure who Mariners are getting in return but I doubt they will care.

I hope he's a renter and doesn't get too settled wherever he lives as this is the 4th season in a row he's been traded mid season.

• Advertisement

Perfect throw, right on the money

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1135759917393022979

(pity there was no one there to catch it)

Bruce hit 2 HRs tonight vs. Padres including a grand slam.

Bruce hit 2 HRs tonight vs. Padres including a grand slam.

and another today!

Kimbrel signs with Cubs. $43 million over 3 years.

So that leaves Keuchel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

So that leaves Keuchel

Rumours doing the rounds that he's off to the Yankees

Rumours that Keuchel has agreed a 1 year $13 million deal with the Braves.

Never heard of this guy but I offer my sympathies

https://twitter.com/GregJohnsMLB/status/1137091258726330368

• Advertisement

Sympathies too to Big Papi who’s been shot in the DR. Injuries not life threatening apparently so at least that’s good to hear.

Advertisement