Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TAMS II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

What does one need to submit under this? Have access to agfood and hope to get one in just before closing,calving gate leg hoist what ever I need to get up to 2000. Would like to have calving gate for start of March

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

tellmeabit wrote: »
    What does one need to submit under this? Have access to agfood and hope to get one in just before closing,calving gate leg hoist what ever I need to get up to 2000. Would like to have calving gate for start of March

Once you have access to agfood just go to TAMS II - Animal Welfare Safety and Nutrient Storage (from list of Applications on right hand side of page).
    Once in there, click on Applications and on t he following page you should see a New Scheme Application button. Click on that and away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

All done on agfood. Applied for a scales, calving gate and head scoop there last week. You need a farmyard plan for the calving gate to show the shed it is going in. The other items need no supporting documentation with the application. The current tranche is closing in the next day or so and after that it is may. So apply promptly. I did my application under the young farmers section so it's 60% grant had to submit some of the farming qualitions aswell. Just took pictures of the farmyard plan and showed the shed and pictures of the qualifications and uploaded them. It's very easy to do.
    Pity the calf scheme was not online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

All done on agfood. Applied for a scales, calving gate and head scoop there last week. You need a farmyard plan for the calving gate to show the shed it is going in. The other items need no supporting documentation with the application. The current tranche is closing in the next day or so and after that it is may. So apply promptly. I did my application under the young farmers section so it's 60% grant had to submit some of the farming qualitions aswell. Just took pictures of the farmyard plan and showed the shed and pictures of the qualifications and uploaded them. It's very easy to do.
    Is farm yard plan a sketch of yard, no measurements , or the shed drawing? How much that come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

For the 60% do you have to be farming less that 8 years? Or is it open to all qualified u40?

Is farm yard plan a sketch of yard, no measurements , or the shed drawing? How much that come to?
    Rough sketch of the yard labelled. Went to Google maps printed off the yard,tape to the window and cogged the outline of the main features on a sheet overlayed to it. The 3 items were just over the the €2k limit. The calving gate cost is worked of the length of it in a formula from the reference costs

For the 60% do you have to be farming less that 8 years? Or is it open to all qualified u40?
    Less than 41 and application within the first 5 years of farming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,838 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There is a weighting system. If you are a young farmer it's in your favour. In anc also helps. First application in tams is a plus too and then the value of your application. In the case of over subscription these come into play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Is it worth applying for a silage slab, do u need planning permission

• Advertisement

That's for the 60%. The 40% is open to all

kevthegaff wrote: »
    You would need planning permission, but for a silage slab it would be very easy to do. Get the planning maps, have the farmyard plan, drawing of the slab and a few sections and showing where the effluent would be going. Should be easy to do. Grant spec of a slab without walls is nearly the same as what you would do if you were not going for the grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Tileman

Is this changed. Thought that young farmer was under 40?

Tileman wrote: »
    Is this changed. Thought that young farmer was under 40?
    Looked it up and it's before your 41st birthday look at page 9of below
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/farmbuildings/tamsiisupportdocs/youngfarmercapitalinvestmentscheme/ATAMSIIYFCISTermsandConditionsRevised101019.doc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Yeah you can start on the year that you are 40 but you can only be farming 5 years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

kevthegaff wrote: »
    i was looking into it and you would probaly get the 40 % cost alright but it would be for next years silage rather than this years silage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

That's for the 60%. The 40% is open to all

20% is allot, when you’re still in your 30’s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

I need to build a new crush & pretty much re-jig the current yard. Is it worth doing this through TAMS for the 40%? Or do it myself cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Grueller

Filling out a last minute Tams application for dairy equipment here. I don't know what to fill into the investment identifier box on the proposed investment. Where would I find these for a milking parlour, auto washer, feeders and plate cooler? Thanks in advance.

Grueller wrote: »
    Filling out a last minute Tams application for dairy equipment here. I don't know what to fill into the investment identifier box on the proposed investment. Where would I find these for a milking parlour, auto washer, feeders and plate cooler? Thanks in advance.

The only Identifier box I can see on the application form (under proposed investment) relates back to your farmyard drawing. Taken from TAMS User Manual "Enter Identifier as marked on Farmyard Layout Plan showing the position of proposed fixed investment, this is a required field (max 3 characters of numbers or letters)"

Edited to say that I'm not sure what is required for dairy equipment in terms of drawings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Grueller

One more question.
    There is a box to tick for on farm enterprise. I am converting to "milk" from "other grazing animals". I can only tick one. Should I tick milk or should I tick other grazing animals?

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »
    One more question.
    There is a box to tick for on farm enterprise. I am converting to "milk" from "other grazing animals". I can only tick one. Should I tick milk or should I tick other grazing animals?

Only a guess but I would tick the Milk option. It's what the Business enterprise will be once you get all the gear.
    You can 'validate' your application as you go along and you will be told what you have omitted in terms of boxes ticked/not ticked and also documents that you need to upload. It may well have a validation check for those applying for dairy equipment that the enterprise should be 'milk'.

Just wondering how long does it take on average from close of tranche to approval

Just wondering how long does it take on average from close of tranche to approval

It can depend on what you are applying for I'd say. I submitted an application in April last year and got approval in November. That was for a shed though and I had to reply to 1 or 2 queries along the way.

Parishlad wrote: »
    It can depend on what you are applying for I'd say. I submitted an application in April last year and got approval in November. That was for a shed though and I had to reply to 1 or 2 queries along the way.
    Just a small few items, headscoop, scales and a calving gate. Hopefully it will be quick

Just a small few items, headscoop, scales and a calving gate. Hopefully it will be quick

Yeah, hopefully. Maybe someone else here may have applied for similar items and might be able to give a better idea of how long approval took.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Aravo

A visit to a local office of Agri AES might get things moving. I recall a few years back, getting nowhere with telephone calls as always ringing out. A personal visit did the trick. Got the approval to start things a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mickey1985

Lads just saw you need to advise the department via online 5 working days before final fix of steel and pouring concrete. I never did this. Anyone have issues with this before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭zetor 4911

mickey1985 wrote: »
    Lads just saw you need to advise the department via online 5 working days before final fix of steel and pouring concrete. I never did this. Anyone have issues with this before?

Get on to your adviser and he/she might be able to do something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

You would need planning permission, but for a silage slab it would be very easy to do. Get the planning maps, have the farmyard plan, drawing of the slab and a few sections and showing where the effluent would be going. Should be easy to do. Grant spec of a slab without walls is nearly the same as what you would do if you were not going for the grant.

It's not always as easy as that. I do this kind of work. In Cork or Limerick it could turn into a load of work before you know whats happening (site sections, sightlines, existing buildings without planning permission, etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Is planning permission needed for the meal bin on tams2

• Advertisement

adne wrote: »
    Is planning permission needed for the meal bin on tams2

No

Cavanjack wrote: »
    No

Just priced 6 tonne. Seem to have been cheaper pre grant without a grant.... madness

Just priced 6 tonne. Seem to have been cheaper pre grant without a grant.... madness

Only difference I found was the extra cost for painting the bin.

Only difference I found was the extra cost for painting the bin.

Roughly 2100 for 6 ton after grant and vat claimed

Roughly 2100 for 6 ton after grant and vat claimed

Got a 16 tonne recently. Getting a 60% grant. Expect it to cost me no more than €2200 after vat and grant claimed.

Got a 16 tonne recently. Getting a 60% grant. Expect it to cost me no more than €2200 after vat and grant claimed.

Who'd you deal with

Who'd you deal with

Vmac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭MfMan

Anybody apply recently for a TAMS grant? I can access Agfood, but when clicking on the TAMS areas, I'm informed I am 'not eligible to apply for this grant'. Anyone else check this out? The next tranche of these are open as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Bazzer007

My dairy equipment application has made to the local office for checking. Is this the last hurdle before you receive a letter of offer? Also, if successful, are you better off not to mention to any fitters/agents that your application was approved to keep the cost down until a price is agreed? Cheers,

• Advertisement

Bazzer007 wrote: »
    My dairy equipment application has made to the local office for checking. Is this the last hurdle before you receive a letter of offer? Also, if successful, are you better off not to mention to any fitters/agents that your application was approved to keep the cost down until a price is agreed? Cheers,
    100% They will cream off the grant money. No need for them to know it's a grant job at all, but make sure the job is done to grant spec. Have a good look at the spec documents on the dept website

100% They will cream off the grant money. No need for them to know it's a grant job at all, but make sure the job is done to grant spec. Have a good look at the spec documents on the dept website

I lodged a fencing application in feb. It’s still at local office under RASS since mid may. Very frustrating

I lodged a fencing application in feb. It’s still at local office under RASS since mid may. Very frustrating

Ring your local AES office. There contact details should be on the approval letter.

Aravo wrote: »
    Ring your local AES office. There contact details should be on the approval letter.

I didn’t get an approval letter yet. Sur it’s still at RASS stage. Must try give them a call though

I didn’t get an approval letter yet. Sur it’s still at RASS stage. Must try give them a call though

I had a previous Tams application waiting for approval for ages. It was pre covid so I called into office and got speaking with someone and the following week got the approval letter. If you do telephone them make sure to get the name of who you are dealing with.

Aravo wrote: »
    I had a previous Tams application waiting for approval for ages. It was pre covid so I called into office and got speaking with someone and the following week got the approval letter. If you do telephone them make sure to get the name of who you are dealing with.

Just see on line that my application was not selected. Well feck it anyway. Don’t know why I wasn’t selected. Qualify as young farmer.
    May wait for the letter .
    I had fencing it at the bench mark rate €5.84 for sheep wire and one strand on barb wire. Surely there is no point in going below the rate is there as that’s what frs etc are charging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just see on line that my application was not selected. Well feck it anyway. Don’t know why I wasn’t selected. Qualify as young farmer.
    I had fencing it at the bench mark rate €5.84 for sheep wire and one strand on barb wire. Surely there is no point in going below the rate is there as that’s what frs etc are charging.

The further below the rate you go, the better chance you have of qualifying, iirc.

I heard it’s getting very hard to get an application approved. The money is running out it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

5.34 is the max

Did I read correctly that TAMS is finished this year? I had assumed it was an ongoing thing? I’m eligible for the 60% grant and was planning to build a shed and some roadways in the next few years.

Is there talk of the next set of grants after? Madness really how the 60% grant is still being heavily promoted even to those only doing the green cert now yet won’t be available when they finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭50HX

Did I read correctly that TAMS is finished this year? I had assumed it was an ongoing thing? I’m eligible for the 60% grant and was planning to build a shed and some roadways in the next few years.

Is there talk of the next set of grants after? Madness really how the 60% grant is still being heavily promoted even to those only doing the green cert now yet won’t be available when they finish.

Get planning first and get your application in then asap.....thats circa 6 months before approval

You've 12 months then to complete

• Advertisement
Advertisement