Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Silva just got released, it'd be nice if he retired now but you'd imagine he will go to one or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm having Jones over Stipe everyday. I think come fight night he'll look like the bigger man. He'll keep Stipe out of range with his reach advantage (both arms and legs). I think he can do that for five rounds along with working Stipe over in the clinch. I'd prefer see Jones take him down as I think he'll have the bigger advantage if he puts Stipe on his back. Age waits for no man and Stipe is getting up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll be checking for bookies that are taking odds on Jones failing a drug test after the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,966 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm finding it very hard to gauge. Stipe is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC.
    Jones is probably the smartest fighter in the UFC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll be checking for bookies that are taking odds on Jones failing a drug test after the fight.

The only risk with that bet is that he could fail the drugs test before the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Im sure Stipe will get a few oblique kicks and eye pokes from Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

xtal191 wrote: »

Jesus. What a ****ing idiot. They should cut him for that alone.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jesus. What a ****ing idiot. They should cut him for that alone.

Dabbed on the scales when they announced he was over too.

Tony v Oliveira booked for 256.

Another great fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

ASOT wrote: »
    Tony v Oliveira booked for 256.

Another great fight.

Bit of a step down in terms of rank for Tony but should be a great fight all the same. Bet the house on Tony

Bit of a step down in terms of rank for Tony but should be a great fight all the same. Bet the house on Tony

Wouldn't agree myself, Oliveira is 7 fight win streak all by finish. Beat Kevin Lee last time out with a nice sub.

I'll see what the prices are but I'll probably take a punt on him, after the beating Tony took off Gaethje I'd be worried about where he is at. Perfect fight for him if he wants to get back into title contention but.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I don't think that's a step down for Tony at all. Olivera is rock solid and has looked phenomenal the last straight run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

There's not much else there for Tony. Conor and Poirier already booked, Gaethje already beat him.
    Oliviera would be the next nest thing. Or Dan Hooker, but he lost to Poirier last time out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Homelander wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think that's a step down for Tony at all. Olivera is rock solid and has looked phenomenal the last straight run.

It’s a move from fighting #1-2 to #6.
    Technically step down, but a completely normal one after a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Everything points to Gathje v Chandler now I suppose? Chandler will probably beat Gathje, I'd have preferred him to fight Tony!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you are going to post about a result of a fight from a recent card spoiler tags!! Next time its a ban for a week.

Dean barry has somehow swindled himself into the ufc

Good stand up striker, needs serious work in his takedown defence and ground game. I'd like to see him get a good match up for his first fight.

Delighted to have another irishman in the UFC and he genuinely comes across as a really nice lad.

He was heavily involved in GSP's camp for the Bisping fight. He spent a good long while over there training before coming back to Ireland. Speaks somewhat of his credentials as a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

At least he is testing himself at the highest level unlike them SBG lads who live in their own bubble fighting cans.

If he ain't matched against strikers he will be in an awful bad place I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

At least he is testing himself at the highest level unlike them SBG lads who live in their own bubble fighting cans.

Isn't he in SBG Charlestown?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Isn't he in SBG Charlestown?

Yeah he trains solely out of there with Roddy.

7 fights in under a minute
    https://gfycat.com/selfreliantniftyleech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yes bro. Love it bro. Animal bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

D.Q wrote: »
    Yes bro. Love it bro. Animal bro.

Anyone ever seen or heard of Ryan "Chaos" Curtis? Seems to work as a barber but going by his social media feed you'd think he was the man McGregor wished he could be.

I mean who does this:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ixiiIgudx/?igshid=yhe9rct62qjh

Versace "Chaos Cartel" bathrobe:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen or heard of Ryan "Chaos" Curtis? Seems to work as a barber but going by his social media feed you'd think he was the man McGregor wished he could be.

I mean who does this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAZreOAeFW/?igshid=ti5n1uyllqvj

Wow!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wow!

"Future World Champion" at 4-2 with 2 loses in his last 3 according to Sherdog...

There's only one chaos, that's Khaos Williams.

weemcd wrote: »

I mean who does this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiAZreOAeFW/?igshid=ti5n1uyllqvj

I believe he has turned down a contract with Bellator last year (when Bellator were signing up all the Irish lads) because he only wants to go to the UFC.

How he thinks the UFC are going to come looking for him when he has 7 fights in 5 years since his debut, and 3 fights in the last 3 years and is 1-2 in those.

At the very least he should be chasing after fights in Cage Warriors.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I believe he has turned down a contract with Bellator last year (when Bellator were signing up all the Irish lads) because he only wants to go to the UFC.

How he thinks the UFC are going to come looking for him when he has 7 fights in 5 years since his debut, and 3 fights in the last 3 years and is 1-2 in those.

At the very least he should be chasing after fights in Cage Warriors.

Wow. That's delusional if I ever heard it. Going by his posts I'm not surprised though. In his own mind the lad is making 7 figures and has a global following... he should have grabbed the opportunity with both hands and made a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxBKoFh9xvs&ab_channel=SevereMMA

Delusional indeed! Confidence is great if you can back it up.

I couldn't watch all of this if I'm being honest

Figueiredo and Co better watch out! :o

mailburner wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxBKoFh9xvs&ab_channel=SevereMMA

Delusional indeed! Confidence is great if you can back it up.

I couldn't watch all of this if I'm being honest

Figueiredo and Co better watch out! :o

That's hard to watch. I got through 90% of it. Jaysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If he couldn't name the UFC flyweights it's because he's a thick.

DJ was a few months into his ONE contract at that stage and he couldn't name even Cejudo.

Gimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

The McGregor era has ruined the lot of the them. The only one making any money is Gallagher.

Dylan Tuke summed it well on a recent podcast - they all to be posting future world champ this and that while the reality is they are not even the best on the mat that day.

The McGregor era has ruined the lot of the them. The only one making any money is Gallagher.

Dylan Tuke summed it well on a recent podcast - they all to be posting future world champ this and that while the reality is they are not even the best on the mat that day.
    Was Dylan not self-promoting in a similar fashion not too long ago?
    Maybe If he’s changed his perspective from the outside one he changed location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

That looked like a complete work. Nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    That looked like a complete work. Nonsense

Yeah the fight itself was sketchy, but then the big fella stays on the ground while she stands on him for a photo...

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Yeah the fight itself was sketchy, but then the big fella stays on the ground while she stands on him for a photo...

Turned it off before that part. I was basing it on the fight and the "knockdown". Photo absolutely confirms it.

Mellor wrote: »
    Turned it off before that part. I was basing it on the fight and the "knockdown". Photo absolutely confirms it.

I done the exact same. As soon as he was lying flat on his belly not getting up, enough was enough for me. Embarrassing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I simply can't put my finger on why Rachael Ostovich keeps getting fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ah FFS! Khamzat has Covid according to this site. I hope he can recover in time or maybe they move his fight to a week or 2 later? Didn't they move Hollands fight who had it?

This is from a Swedish site so I am guessing it is true.

https://twitter.com/kimurasweden/status/1333124872545955842?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Because she is filthy looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Same reason PVZ lasted so long, sex sells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »

God I wouldn’t rate heras attractive at all. She looks like cyborg after a boat load of plastic surgery the caked in makeup

Dtp1979 wrote:
    God I wouldn’t rate heras attractive at all. She looks like cyborg after a boat load of plastic surgery the caked in makeup
    That's an incredibly accurate description imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Lets be honest the bar is pretty low in womens MMA. Miesha I loved though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

JJayoo wrote: »

That was the joke, yes.

Edwards has covid and the fights off.

Couldn't write it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement