Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UN Criticises Housing in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yamanoto wrote: »
    All SF's economic policies appear to have been drafted by a fella who studied windsurfing at Weymouth Polytechnic.

Little point in an ace housing policy if you've fcuk all money to pay for it.

Beats a journalism graduate making things worse and breaking homeless records each year.
    We can use the money we spend renting and buying privately, not to mention on hotels. FG find the money when they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

He has been in power for 2 years. Most large scale building developments don't break ground in that time.

And the term Cuckoo funds is a cache phrase to avoid the real term, investors. The are putting down huge sums of money for both the expectation of a return on that investment and the risk of that money never making a return.
    Govt has zero plans that will see reality. They haven't clue.

As a person that exists day-to-day in my wonderfully average life, but also as someone who doesn't want to be put in a loop of never-ending, ever-rising 'save the world' taxes (which will do little to save the world), who do I vote for?

Can't vote for the Greens as they're the ultimate tax party. FG seem to think that people protesting or voting for greens just want to be taxed more. Can't vote for FF as they have mirrored beliefs to FG. Sinn Fein will give every penny from their magic money tree to the doleheads, ensuring that whoever gets in after them will be broke and have no choice but to tax me to the hilt to undo the SF spending. Labour seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Donald Trump reckons there's no such thing as man made climate change and I tend to partly agree with him insofar as to believe that taxing my petrol car into the scrapyard isn't going to help anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Donald Trump reckons there's no such thing as man made climate change and I tend to partly agree with him insofar as to believe that taxing my petrol car into the scrapyard isn't going to help anyone.

Unfortunately the world is stuck in the neoliberal/neoclassical time warp, which results in outcomes such as taxation of the many, but nothing really changes in regards actual output, we need some new thinking, and fast.

Advertisement