Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pewdiepie why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Because alot of teenage boys like to show themselves off as edgelords, he has to follow his audience and everything will just get more extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

He seems a decent guy. A bit of a piss taker that made a few bad calls along the way.

The death to all Jews video was actually pretty funny. The point was that he gave them such a mad request he never expected them to do it. The video he put up was a reaction to how unbelievable it was. The whole thing was reported out of context.

He has also directly raised literally millions for various charities. This rarely gets a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Tzardine wrote: »

He seems a decent guy. A bit of a piss taker that made a few bad calls along the way.

The death to all Jews video was actually pretty funny.
    What made the video funny?

The point was that he gave them such a mad request he never expected them to do it. The video he put up was a reaction to how unbelievable it was. The whole thing was reported out of context.
    Auschwitz

He has also directly raised literally millions for various charities. This rarely gets a mention.
    You can do good and bad things. The good is usually nullified by the bad.

Auschwitz

You can do good and bad things. The good is usually nullified by the bad.

Have you watched the video ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

the "YouTuber" is seemingly a crytofascist .

What is a crytofascist?

• Advertisement

Have you watched the video ?

Nope that's why I am asking what made it funny.

Nope that's why I am asking what made it funny.

Off you go and watch it so. See for yourself the context it was in.

I have never heard the name before this thread. But it seems from a quick search that the guy himself did a view into his own "Google Analytics" so it might be useful for the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NLy743EFIA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I don't know what this is. I suppose that makes me old.

I take it that it's something to be watched on youtube. Don't people get paid for the amount of watches they got on youtube? I don't want to reward the creation of stupid stuff. Even to search it makes me feel I'm doing the world a disservice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

PIE:
    http://https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophile_Information_Exchange

The poster can clarify if the post was advocating sexual contact with children.
    Why do you think they are though? I don't see it on their posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

young males are more likely to commit violence.

young males watch pewdiepie

pewpiepie causes violence

young males are more likely to commit violence.

young males watch pewdiepie

pewpiepie causes violence

In fairness you can cut out the middle man on that one too. That is the same nonsense that is levelled against computer games too. You can literally cut out "pewdiepie" from the above and put in "Computer Games" and make the same point :)

I just randomly watched 5 of his videos after the Analytics one. The worst accusation I can level against the guy is being completely boring - albeit it in a slightly amusing Swedish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm not really a big fan, but over the years I've caught a good few of his videos and usually end up watching the controversies around him.

For one, he's no Nazi. What happens is that various big media outlets decide to take on the number one YouTuber and make some money off him.

A very quick look on YouTube shows 96,662,635 million subscribers. That's incredible for one person to have amassed on their own, and of course they're going to have some nutters.

People who think he's a cryptofacist or a Nazi really, really should watch the source videos the media uses, and of course the counter videos put out.

In fairness you can cut out the middle man on that one too. That is the same nonsense that is levelled against computer games too. You can literally cut out "pewdiepie" from the above and put in "Computer Games" and make the same point :)

I just randomly watched 5 of his videos after the Analytics one. The worst accusation I can level against the guy is being completely boring - albeit it in a slightly amusing Swedish accent.
    its just another moral panic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

He's a straight, white male. Of course he's evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

From reading between the lines in various media reports, the "YouTuber" is seemingly a crytofascist and an icon of the disaffected male, often violent extremists.
    His name popped up again in an article published today about another horrific crime. I don't watch his stuff but I'm intrigued by why a producer of immature fluff is increasingly linked to extremist and/or depraved acts.

Are you referring to Boy B? He asked for Ribena during the interviews too. That bloody Ribena and its new found links to extremist and/or depraved acts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

antix80 wrote: »
    He's a straight, white male. Of course he's evil.

Please stop that silliness. That is gratuitous at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

its just another moral panic

Is saying KILL ALL JEWS alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Man rants about stuff, stoke a controversy here and there for free publicity. Essentially a load of ****.

Does he at least do it with a funny voice?

I'm a sucker for a funny voice. . .

I do believe he actually commented on that not long after saying it was in poor taste. The point was more about what people will do for money.

Hell, even Kotaku, a renowned "liberal SJW" gaming site took his side on this one and called out the Wall Street Journal for deliberately taking his videos out of context by editing multiple videos together, removing content and adding in additionals.

https://kotaku.com/pewdiepie-apologizes-for-death-to-all-jews-joke-slams-1792439824

• Advertisement

in a joke, yes.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Oh he’s privileged alright. Pewdiepie needs to live up to his name; get out there and put that todger (penis) to use they (fans) were queuing up last time I saw him.... probably legal ( to use his penis ) by now
    Why do you think they are though? I don't see it on their posts.

If that was not what the poster was trying to say. I will have no problem with apologising and deleting my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Who the funk watches someone on YouTube playing computer games? Jesus, it’s like something from Fahrenheit 451.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Who the funk watches someone on YouTube playing computer games? Jesus, it’s like something from Fahrenheit 451.

No worse than soaps, reality TV and sports IMO.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

It's not my thing, but as my daughter said to me. It's no different really than watching someone play soccer, darts or racing.

They're all things you can do yourself, but many people enjoy watching others do it. It can be fun to watch the best at a particular hobby do their thing.

An old friend of mine from many years back in the early days of Warcraft is now a full-timer streamer on Twitch and is making an absolute bomb playing video games for a living. He's in great shape because a gym decided to sponsor him and he get's to travel the world representing different brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What did you do in the war Grandad?

Basically any kid under the age of 16 is consuming their media from YouTube and care more about the streaming celebs than anything on TV. That's why it's so important for parents to inform themselves and be aware of what their kids are watching.

Is it any weirder than people who watch golf on television? Which is nothing more than Grass - sky sky sky sky - Grass. Over and over again.

It might be that attention span thing you had backwards before :) You know - where you could not remember a characters name the day after a movie and thought the people who followed the entire 11 year story arc had attention issues :)
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's not my thing, but as my daughter said to me. It's no different really than watching someone play soccer, darts or racing.

Actually much like things with Darts - often it is not the game that the viewers are watching - but the characters playing it.

Off you go and watch it so. See for yourself the context it was in.

I dont watch ISIS material nor Neo-nazi material so why would I give an electronic click to some video about killing people of a certain religion.

So as a someone who has watched the video would I still find it funny if the people to be killed were from either side in Northen Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

He's probably going to be to be the first Youtuber to be assassinated. Media hype is a strange and terrible thing.

• Advertisement

He's probably going to be to be the first Youtuber to be assassinated. Media hype is a strange and terrible thing.

Havent there been a few of those before? xxTentacion for example? Or ZeldaXlove? And there was a guy with a name like McGowan who was shot by another you tuber I think?

All from memory there - so sorry if I have details off. There is probably loads more.

Actually suicide seems to be a more statistically common death reason than murder in you tubers. Listening to this Pew guy speak in the random videos I watched today I can see why.

Advertisement