Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saudi woman trapped in Bangkok airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

she's now an apostate so sending her back is literally a death sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Good old wahabbism and salafist.

The emperor's New clothes in action again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

If Leo Varadkar had a pair of testicles he would publicly announce she was welcome in Ireland, of course as he is just a Puppet of Merkel he cannot make no decision himself. Also as its not a LGBT issue it is not fashionable either.

The leftwing and feminists don't give a damn as they would side with the Jihadi rapists and head choppers every day over a real woman in distress like this.

I've been to Thailand a few times and stayed close enough to the Red light areas and what really shocked me was the amount of bearded Muslim men who were openly fraternising with Transvestite Ladyboy prostitutes there, where as the typical Amercan dirty old man sex tourist was drawn towards females, the vast majority of Arabs were going for Ladyboys.

Saudi Arabia and Islam should be nuked back to the stone ages, I don't think they'd notice the difference to be honest as it is still 3,000BC there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

I would love to see her getting as much support and coverage as questionable characters like Snowden got. Have her freedom and her own film and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

theguzman wrote: »
    If Leo Varadkar had a pair of testicles he would publicly announce she was welcome in Ireland, of course as he is just a Puppet of Merkel he cannot make no decision himself. Also as its not a LGBT issue it is not fashionable either.

The leftwing and feminists don't give a damn as they would side with the Jihadi rapists and head choppers every day over a real woman in distress like this.

I've been to Thailand a few times and stayed close enough to the Red light areas and what really shocked me was the amount of bearded Muslim men who were openly fraternising with Transvestite Ladyboy prostitutes there, where as the typical Amercan dirty old man sex tourist was drawn towards females, the vast majority of Arabs were going for Ladyboys.

Saudi Arabia and Islam should be nuked back to the stone ages, I don't think they'd notice the difference to be honest as it is still 3,000BC there.
    So did you opt for a young female prostitute or a ladyboy yourself ?

• Advertisement

I remember year's ago reading 2000AD comic's, and you had these mega cities.

Anything goes, morals were never heard of, life was cheap.

Even some of Syria reminds me of mad Max movie's

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Nuking them back to the stone ages would be be a step forward for them.

So did you opt for a young female prostitute or a ladyboy yourself ?

For years Thailand really hated the Saudis after the Blue Diamond affair but it seems Saudi Sex Tourism is now so important to the country they would even entertain deporting this woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Diamond_Affair

The thing about Thailand is they are absolute two faced hypocrites who hate all foreigners, but are all smiles and love the money from trade and busiess with them. it is an extremely racist country which has a rich culture of their own and resisted all attempts at Colonialism and even survived World War Two relatively unscathed by co-operating with the Japanese in agreement for no-occupation. What they don't realise is that the former King was a CIA plant who made billions for himself while they viewed him as a deity with pope like status. Such a statement like this would land you in Prison in Thailand.

A Thai woman and a foreign man in a relationship is viewed much the same as a white woman and a black man in say 1950's Alabama or Mississippi. I think the power of Social Media and international pressure will ultimately save the day for this Saudi girl and the Thai mentality of "saving face" will see them probably pass her on to Canada or Australia, one thing for sure is they won't offer Asylum or help in any meaningful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

She certainly has the headlines. Top story on the BBC website

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46777848

The flight has now left without her

from her Twitter feed within the last 20 minutes

Sophie McNeillVerified account
    Sophiemcneill
    19m19 minutes agoMore

UN has arrived. They are interviewing Rahaf. They gave their word that she would remain in their custody & that she is now safe. This is what they promised @UNHCRThailand @Reaproy @melissarfleming

• Advertisement

This is the most interesting post on board's at the moment.
    I hope the world will wake up and see how strict the Saudis are and how it's such a dangerous place for women who want to be free.

Hopefully she'll get to live somewhere where she can be herself.
    If she gets away, more than likely she'll need to change her identity and get some help.

This will probably cause a revolutionary turn in Saudi.

I'd say she's not the only one who'll want to run away...

Muckka wrote: »
    I hope the world will wake up and see how strict the Saudis are and how it's such a dangerous place for women who want to be free.

If she gets away, more than likely she'll need to change her identity and get some help.

There are plenty now living in exile. A woman called Sandra Solomon is a Saudi woman living in exile in Canada. She has a youtube channel, some of what she says is very interesting. She still doesn't feel safe, and claims the Canadian government aren't doing enough to protect her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

smurfjed wrote: »
    Don't confuse religion with culture.

i.

I have my faith but it didn’t stop me voting for SSM and repeal the 8th
    It’s 2019 you can have faith and live in the here and now,
    If you’re religion is overruling that, it is a religious problem as well as cultural .
    Using google translate I can see it’s a religious problem. Not just culture...lots of religious condemnation.

She wouldn't want to set food in a Saudi Embassy anyway like Jamal Khashsoggi, they would probably gang rape her before killing her. States like Iran, Cuba and North Korea are viewed as the Axis of Evil when in truth Saudi Arabia and their Wahhabi Sunni Islam is the number one threat to the World today. I hope I live long enough to see that the boffins in CERN can get Nuclear Fusion right or that some new huge oil fields are discovered in Antartica etc. so the Saudi's have zero influence over the world like now

Dante7 wrote: »
    The main benefit of the oil crisis is that this shower will eventually be left bankrupt. Horrible culture.

How many million refugees would be fleeing the inevitable famines though? They literally increased their populations to what they are by oil exports - which allows them to import enough food.

Leaders from all over the world should be offering to take her, its a clear case of genuine threat to life. Remember Merkel inviting in a million people with no idea who was who. Where is she now?

The crazy thing about it is Europe let in some ISIS weirdos in among the migrants in recent years. Now we have a clear case it would be very damning if she gets put on a plane back to be murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Lackey wrote: »
    Europe let in every Tom DICK and Harry, it will be interesting to see if they let in someone in real life danger.

Or if they ae full of sh!t bowing to Saudi like I suspect.

Yes I can imagine the UK backing their Saudi pals again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

from her Twitter feed within the last 20 minutes

It looks like she has been taken by the UN to a safe house. That woman Sophie McNeill, whose twitter feed you referenced, seems to have locked herself into the room with Rahaf, as safeguarding and witness. Good on her.

The UNHCR have gotten Rahaf out of the airport, and will keep her apparently for 5 days and process an asylum application. She has gotten her passport back. Her father has arrived also on the scene.

Hopefully things will work out well. It was very brave and good of Sophie McNeill to step in.

https://twitter.com/Sophiemcneill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

That Sophie lady has more balls than most. She'd know full well the eyes of the Saudi kingdom are on her, and what they're capable of. Brave, brave lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Muckka wrote: »

Everyone knows, but they're rich, so no one does anything. There was literally audio of a journalist getting sawn up and nothing is done because they have money. Who supplied the 9-11 hijackers but wasn't on the list of Trumps "muslim ban"? As long as they pump oil and buy American arms, they can literally do what the hell they please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Cienciano wrote: »
    Everyone knows, but they're rich, so no one does anything. There was literally audio of a journalist getting sawn up and nothing is done because they have money. Who supplied the 9-11 hijackers but wasn't on the list of Trumps "muslim ban"? As long as they pump oil and buy American arms, they can literally do what the hell they please.

That seems to be the crazy crazy truth. And we call ourselves civilised.

Hopefully this girl will get out, but even if she does she will probably spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Dante7 wrote: »
    There is also the problem of the right on, progressive types who would rather see people die than to appear islamophobic.

They can call themselves 'progressive' all they want, doesn't make it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Cienciano wrote: »
    There was literally audio of a journalist getting sawn up and nothing is done because they have money. .

Frankie Boyle had a great quip about just that - her reckons Theresa May was so outraged that she promptly sent them a sternly worded arms invoice:D

Saudis can do whatever the hell they want until that oil dries up....and well they know it (No pun intended!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Zorya wrote: »

Hopefully this girl will get out, but even if she does she will probably spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder.

Thats the big worry. Her dad is a senior government official which in that world means he is likely related to the Crown Prince, who himself claims lineage back to Muhammad himself. She has rejected Islam which now means his family has been disgraced and by their stone age thinking the only way to resolve that is to kill her to protect the families honour. With her dads connections to the top of Saudi politics her life will be in danger no matter where she ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

which in that world means he is likely related to the Crown Prince
    Where did you get this gem of wisdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

smurfjed wrote: »
    which in that world means he is likely related to the Crown Prince
    Where did you get this gem of wisdom?
    Most of those in power are the same family, the country is named after them. Common knowledge. Look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Common knowledge. Look it up
    Ignorance is bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 james678

She is my Saudi hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thats the big worry. Her dad is a senior government official which in that world means he is likely related to the Crown Prince, who himself claims lineage back to Muhammad himself. She has rejected Islam which now means his family has been disgraced and by their stone age thinking the only way to resolve that is to kill her to protect the families honour. With her dads connections to the top of Saudi politics her life will be in danger no matter where she ends up.
    This may work out quite dangerous for her male relatives too in the cut-throat world of saudi royal politics.
    I suspect a lot of the little people that do a lot of the dirty work are looking closely at the Kashoggi assasins been arraigned in a show trial. The least i would expect from my employer if i was their hired killer would be loyalty

They might just execute randomers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Ahh Saudi Arabia: One of the world's top 10 regressive shítholes who dont deserve nice people like her. Hopefully she end's up somewhere nice and peaceful and the Saudi's are promply told to fúck off until they get with the rest of the planet. Also the sooner Oil is no longer important......

Advertisement