Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bill Clinton Potrait

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Woke Hogan wrote: »

So was Obama by that definition.

He let the bankers following financial crisis all run scot free, but then his biggest donors throughout his election campaigns were Goldman Sachs so I suppose we could expect nothing less. Let citigroup hand pick his cabinet!

Also escalated the war in Afghanistan leaving an extra 2000 US troops dead. Seems to avoid this criticism from the worlds left which I've never understood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Caption this portrait:

"When Trump Won Florida".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

So was Obama by that definition.

He let the bankers following financial crisis all run scot free, but then his biggest donors throughout his election campaigns were Goldman Sachs so I suppose we could expect nothing less. Let citigroup hand pick his cabinet!

Also escalated the war in Afghanistan leaving an extra 2000 US troops dead. Seems to avoid this criticism from the worlds left which I've never understood.
    Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,531 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The world must be near its end when an art appreciation thread appears in After Hours...

It's a fine painting, showing his decline to a generally very positive Irish audience which is well aware of the enormous power he once had. Very humbling. The man is almost 73 and he is, as many people have pointed out, looking noticeably frailer these days.

I distinctly recall his election being a breath of fresh air in Ireland in the early 1990s. He was a very good friend to the Irish economy and he made a critical judgment call when he decided to back the Peace Process against enormous British lobbying. Hume at the time was enduring a barrage of abuse on a quotidian basis from O'Reilly's Independent rags, most notably the Sunday Independent. And when Clinton sided with Ted Kennedy, Bruce Morrison, Chris Dodd etc, and a number of wealthy Irish Americans - Chuck Feeney, Bill Flynn and Donald Keough spring immediately to mind - it tipped the balance enormously in favour of the Hume-Adams Agreement/Peace Process succeeding.

That Clinton's Republican opponents decided to focus on his sex life as the major stick to beat him showed them up to be backward little troglodytes. Surely they could have found something much more serious to base impeachment proceedings upon?

not fogetting showing themselves as massive hypocrites considering who they later voted in to power.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

It's aight.

00123aef-614.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg
    Draught Dodger and I don’t mean what was coming from between Monica’s legs .:eek:

Advertisement