Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Clinton Potrait

Options
  • 19-06-2019 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭

A portrait by a Northern Irish artist of Clinton was unveiled by the man himself. It's not absolutely clear what he thought of it but what did you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's aight.

00123aef-614.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Looks like Charlie Haughey with hair

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I thought it made him look older and more haggard than he actually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

I wouldn't say Bill liked that. It looks like he's on deaths door in it. A true reflection...
    I look at the painting and imagine Bill saying:
    "Well Hillary. I think I'll just climb into this wooden box here and be done with it".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭gifted

Looks like he's patting Monica on her head.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

He looks like he's glaring at an intern's ar*se as she's using the photocopier.

Bill thinks to himself: "Dammit Bill you're fixing to get yourself in trouble again"

bobbyss wrote: »
    A portrait by a Northern Irish artist of Clinton was unveiled by the man himself.

Did he charge much for this appearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

No just the usual, 1 blowjob per hour.

It's beautifully painted, but it doesn't flatter him at all. It makes him look old and the looking downward makes him seem weak or timid - not very presidential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Its an incredible portrait but it does make him look aged and weak. Who is the artist - supertalented and possibly a genius satarist.... like the days of old celtic harpists and wandering Irish bard poets who you wouldn't get on the wrong side of or they would immortalise you in an unpleasant but truthful light. This is no country for old men...Who wants to be old and haggard and weak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

"Are you sure thats a spot of white paint on my trousers?"

It's beautifully painted, but it doesn't flatter him at all. It makes him look old and the looking downward makes him seem weak or timid - not very presidential.

But that is how he looks. Its the artists impression of him. He can present any idea in any way he likes. The subject doesn't have to like it.

Plus it's weird but i noticed something with Clinton when he was no longer president ..he shrunk ....he seemed shorter ..less presence. I have no idea why.

Obama didn't he seems exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But that is how he looks. Its the artists impression of him. He can present any idea in any way he likes. The subject doesn't have to like it.

Plus it's weird but i noticed something with Clinton when he was no longer president ..he shrunk ....he seemed shorter ..less presence. I have no idea why.

Obama didn't he seems exactly the same.

In the second photo in the second post his shoulders are slumped and he looks very thin. He hasn't looked great for a while. the portrait is quite accurate.

In the second photo in the second post his shoulders are slumped and he looks very thin. He hasn't looked great for a while. the portrait is quite accurate.

Yes but this was just after his presidency that i noticed this. Just after actually when he still looked hale.

He lost the X factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes but this was just after his presidency that i noticed this. Just after actually when he still looked hale.

He lost the X factor?

Oh he has definitely lost that. Though he is 72.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Oh he has definitely lost that. Though he is 72.

He looks about 90 in the portrait, old and very frail. At the unveiling he was way fresher than his portrait showed him to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

A1 Sharon.

Autecher wrote: »
    No just the usual, 1 blowjob per hour.

Ah not so bad then. I thought I heard he was known for charging large fees just for appearing. Though maybe it is only Charities and other Not For Profit groups he targets for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

always found christopher hitchens' animosity towards clinton interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Double

It might be an accurate reflection of his physical decline, but if I was painting him, I'd be trying to capture some of his personality and sparkle - a glint in his eye, or something. Unless he has lost he personality too - hopefully not. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

He lost the X factor?

I think I read somewhere he went vegan a few years back, so that might account for the weightloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Yurt! wrote: »
    I think I read somewhere he went vegan a few years back, so that might account for the weightloss.

I would speculate that the multitude of coronary problems which preceded the veganism was more likely the cause

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

It's aight.

00123aef-614.jpg
    Untitled_1.jpg
    I think yer man is explaining to Bill that in the Portrait he cut Bill’s Cock off as Monica was working on it .

Portrait form Hillary’s post of View !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I would speculate that the multitude of coronary problems which preceded the veganism was more likely the cause

Id agree tbh - yer man allegedly changed his diet (sic) around the time the Billionaire Stordalens (IYF animals rights / plant food activists) paid Bill Clinton 3.5m Norwegian Krone to speak at one of their conferences

Looks like he is doing little more the usual 'vegan' bandwagon thing tbh

https://www.plantsmartliving.com/blog/2016/7/25/should-bill-should-not-be-considered-a-vegan-celebrity

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There's sort of an orange tint to his skin recently. What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Not sure but I'd reckon from the colour of the nose he must be hitting the top shelf fairly regularly tbh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

they've given him a nice whiskey nose anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

He visited the set of Willy Wonka recently and stole the everlasting knobsucker from an Oompa Loompa.

Advertisement