Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish celebrities you would like to see vanish from the spotlight....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

A few years ago holly carpenter was in Britain and Ireland next top model. She used to cake her face with makeup and looked a bit like marylin Manson. But her personality was worse, there was a naturally pretty red head from donegal, and for some reasons unknown to viewer holly was a real nasty bi+ch to her.

I was going to mention this earlier in my original post. I remember seeing her on the late late show and jesus she came across like an awful human.

She is worse than any other comparable airheads (e.g. Vogue) in that she comes across like a nasty individual.

It really is incredible that someone who is not only inarticulate and fairly thick, but has a terrible personality, is being given the kind of work she gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

dense wrote: »
    The Baz lad, on the telly and the radio.

Cut him, there's no need for his skills on either.

Caught a bit of his show few days ago. He talks absolute rubbish. The talking clock would be more entertaining than his verbal diarrhoea

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

Daniel o Donnells wife. Can’t stand her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Alan Hughes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

has anyone mentioned mario rosenstock yet??

when he first burst on the scene i thought ya the guy's got talent...but steadily he's become more & more unfunny...to the point he almost looks panicky on stage

he needs to do a Peter Kay and take a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

fryup wrote: »
    has anyone mentioned mario rosenstock yet??

when he first burst on the scene i thought ya the guy's got talent...but steadily he's become more & more unfunny...to the point he almost looks panicky on stage

he needs to do a Peter Kay and take a break

Then he's given a radio show where he can fawn over those he imitates and they can reciprocate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Cant stand the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Nicky Button. Smug git.

This is a long shot cos he's not really a celebrity because I can't even remember his name but the big serious headed lad that does be on the RTE news from Washington that reads out the bits from the US newspapers about how Donald Trump is so bold? He's got some great charisma.....

Why is he even there and what does he do for the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Dermot Bannon

Not so much a celeb but very visible his ginger haired architect Peter Finn. He was in the final stages of Ireland's first 'Celebrity Island' in 2001. Chap loves himself.

A politician ..

Simon Harris.. his voice is grating and he has a deathly gaunt look about him. He's only in his early 30s but has the demeanour of an 80 year old.

Eoghan Harris and Ruth Dudley Edwards of the Sunday Independent.

A lot to choose from with this rag but these 2 has been have been beating the same drum and regurgitating the same article for far too long now. Time for them to be put out to grass.

Charlie Bird..

Time this bird went on a long, long migration.

Mary O'Rourke..

Why has she to be wheeled out for every conceivable occassion.. In her dotage now.

Teresa Mannion post 'don't take risks on treacherous roads'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You're allowed to write all of them out in the one post if ya like...

Omackeral wrote: »
    You're allowed to write all of them out in the one post if ya like...

I'm on a slow day... they all just gradually came to me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Eoghan Harris and Ruth Dudley Edwards of the Sunday Independent.

A lot to choose from with this rag but these 2 has been have been beating the same drum and regurgitating the same article for far too long now. Time for them to be put out to grass.
    And that RealBarryEgan kunt.
    Deserves a good kick in the b0llock

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Dublinmuppet

June Rogers untalented and unfunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Not sure if he counts as a celebrity but the Canadian barman on first dates Ireland is a bit annoying. So what’s ur type .......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Alison spittle

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Not sure if he counts as a celebrity but the Canadian barman on first dates Ireland is a bit annoying. So what’s ur type .......

Sleaze bag.

Pat Shortt.

He's not the worst but boy has he made a living out of RTE. 5 Killinaskully seasons. Entertainment from The Telly, Comedy From The Telly.. Who Do You Think You Are. He has his feet so well under the RTE table. A cute little hoor.. Countless Late Lates and Jumbo Breakfast Rolls.

He's been on the cover of the Christmas RTE Guide for the past 25 years running. He was on the LL Show at Christmas and came out with the same oul lad with the torch in the Parish Hall stick. 'How are you keeping Bride? Jaysus Tom got an awful dose..'

We have paid for that cute boyo with the licence fee..

Then when he puts on the phoney posh accent like he's some sort of intellectual.. 'Yes while filming 'Garauuge'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,492 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The way he shakes the cocktail mixer over his head, with his hipster beard, is the most annoying thing on telly.

Pat Shortt.

He's been on the cover of the Christmas RTE Guide for the past 25 years running.

And don't you know he's always pulling mad craic/zany/banterful faces every single time. Fcuking hell.

The way he shakes the cocktail mixer over his head, with his hipster beard, is the most annoying thing on telly.

These people that are, or act, too 'cool'.

I'd get that lad out picking stones on the farm and work the bol*x out of him. Knock all that trendy s*it out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭pgj2015

And don't you know he's always pulling mad craic/zany/banterful faces every single time. Fcuking hell.

he is hilarious, just look at this video:confused:

Did someone say Phil Coulter? Or Cool Philter as Van Morrisson calls him.

When Derry won the football all-ireland in 1993 he was present at an end of year function.. He went around to every member of the Derry panel with a photo of himself signed on the back 'Best Wishes Phil Coulter'. In the photo he was posing with one hand on a piano top dressed in a bright green jacket and canary yellow trousers.

That is the very definition of a .. 'BOL*OX'.

Podge and Rodge. Pair of W*nkers. Do very little bar talking s*ite and wa*king.

Pat Shortt.

He's not the worst but boy has he made a living out of RTE. 5 Killinaskully seasons. Entertainment from The Telly, Comedy From The Telly.. Who Do You Think You Are. He has his feet so well under the RTE table. A cute little hoor.. Countless Late Lates and Jumbo Breakfast Rolls.

He's been on the cover of the Christmas RTE Guide for the past 25 years running. He was on the LL Show at Christmas and came out with the same oul lad with the torch in the Parish Hall stick. 'How are you keeping Bride? Jaysus Tom got an awful dose..'

We have paid for that cute boyo with the licence fee..

Then when he puts on the phoney posh accent like he's some sort of intellectual.. 'Yes while filming 'Garauuge'.

Garauuge was excellent though.

And Jumbo Breakfast Roll? Captured the old tiger thing pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was in a newsagents today and Doireann Garrihy was staring at me from the cover of a magazine. So now it's not just the Indo, Today FM/Spin and RTE trying to make her a star.

dense wrote: »
    Garauuge was excellent though.

And Jumbo Breakfast Roll? Captured the old tiger thing pretty well.

It was ok:) Just he's such a cute hoor making a ton from RTE and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

davo2001 wrote: »
    Christ, I thought you were joking about the article, but bloddy hell, it looks like it was written by a 5 year old!

Barry Egan is a lot older than 5.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8QAsZ0BKCz9MBrcP4gecOKLA7wVDIihw900xgKGl8v75jPOQlJg

He's probably a vegan.

Anyone know if Pat Ingoldsby is alive or dead? He was one mad fecker..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Anyone know if Pat Ingoldsby is alive or dead? He was one mad fecker..

He's alive, would often be across the road from trinity college selling his books of poetry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

That's normal enough behaviour!

Very first google image on my phone

second-Pat-twitter-image.jpg&size=260

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I actually went drinking with them one night in Greystones. Hilarious guys, not a hint of celebrity nonsense about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

And that RealBarryEgan kunt.
    Deserves a good kick in the b0llock

If you ever see Twink give her handbag a kick (not a euphamism) she has Barry's Bollocks in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Cian Twomey. There was a time there where my Facebook newsfeed was clogged with gobsh*tes sharing his "hilarious" videos.

Cian Twomey. There was a time there where my Facebook newsfeed was clogged with gobsh*tes sharing his "hilarious" videos.

I’m glad that bellend is no where to be seen, along with that farmer Micheal twat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

On Gogglebox Ireland the young Cavan guy who sits in the middle and has the tattoos on his arm is a right bellend. Always wanting to be the loudest and constantly seeking attention. In fact I don’t really understand why any of these people want to appear on shows like this. I don’t even get those who want to sit in the audience of the late late, Claire Byrne or shows like that and be filmed looking all interested/concerned/disgusted etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

On Gogglebox Ireland the young Cavan guy who sits in the middle and has the tattoos on his arm is a right bellend. Always wanting to be the loudest and constantly seeking attention. In fact I don’t really understand why any of these people want to appear on shows like this. I don’t even get those who want to sit in the audience of the late late, Claire Byrne or shows like that and be filmed looking all interested/concerned/disgusted etc.

Yeah I hate that guy he always wants to be the center of attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The FB "don't show this" is finally working.
    Haven't seen anything of note in years, quick check confirms he's still flogging the dead horse.

• Advertisement

On Gogglebox Ireland the young Cavan guy who sits in the middle and has the tattoos on his arm is a right bellend. Always wanting to be the loudest and constantly seeking attention.

You answered your own question
    In fact I don’t really understand why any of these people want to appear on shows like this.

Did I already mention Jason Byrne?

I'll mention hin now because he's worth mentioning at least twice here.

Mister I am funny, I swear I am.

Thankfully he is only on the new series of Ireland's got Talent, which mainly appeals to children as far as I can gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

That Barry lad who was on the Late Late show tonight, muppet,

Robert Sheehan Has joined my list of knobheads would should disappeared from irish papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Andrew00 wrote: »
    That Barry lad who was on the Late Late show tonight, muppet,

Barry Keoghan...Comes across as a complete knob for sure

While we are at it.. All those Irish bloggers & so called influencers are lower than the Z list. I wish they would all vanish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement