Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

School Bus Signwriting

Options
  • 21-09-2019 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi folks.

I have noticed a few private operators in my area have recently had signwriting added to their school buses i.e. windscreen and rear bootlid.
    These operators are about for years with no names on their paintwork!
    Just wondering is this a new regulation of some kind or just a coincidence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Windscreen? On the glass? Surely that's problematic from a driver visibility viewpoint?

Buses are meant to have the operators details on them, primarily operator name an address.

Scheduled services are meant to have the operators details shown more clearly, primarily operator name and route number / destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Victor wrote: »
    Windscreen? On the glass? Surely that's problematic from a driver visibility viewpoint?

Buses are meant to have the operators details on them, primarily operator name an address.

Scheduled services are meant to have the operators details shown more clearly, primarily operator name and route number / destination.

Windscreen as in the name at the very top of the screen. I know the operator details are in small writing along the side bootlid on all buses.
    Just wondering about the more extensive signwriting given that these are buses doing mostly local school runs

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may be a school bus contractual thing.

Advertisement