Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year on from Ms Cash's impassioned speech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Did she actually get a forever gaf? Where's it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm sure as the good upstanding citizen that she is, she is in compliance with The Control of Horses Act 1996 by having a licence for the horse and ensuring that it is microchipped and has a passport.

Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭14dMoney

I think it's actually more, a PAYE worker would need to be on 80K+ a year to make as much as she does.
    It's a disgrace.
    I'll stop here or ill be permabanned.

"The dole is my shepherd, I shall not work." Anto 4:15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

She’s a thieving, sponging, whinging scumbag.

Life eventually gives people like that their comeuppance. Roll on the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,693 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Greyfox wrote: »
    It's not, people like Ms cash are sc*m. They ruin it for the people who are genuinely in need and its not fair on people who work. In my opinion if a person chooses to work 60 hours a week every week instead of getting a free house that person is an eejit

How do you determine who is or isn’t genuinely in need? Clearly she and her children are in need of assistance and they’re as entitled to assistance as anyone else who finds themselves in similar circumstances. Their circumstances have no bearing on anyone else and what’s fair or unfair isn’t decided by them, it’s decided by decidedly middle class civil servants. Your beef is really with the people who decide how much people are entitled to once they meet the criteria for whatever they qualify for. Anyone comparing their circumstances to Ms. Cash or bitching about her circumstances and suggesting that what she’s entitled to has any bearing on their circumstances is being silly.

There’s literally no such thing as a free house, and nobody has the right nor is entitled to a free house. However many hours a person chooses to work a week is only relevant if they’re trying to claim social welfare. If they choose to work 60 hours a week to fund their lifestyle, that still doesn’t give them any entitlement to determine what anyone else should be entitled to in welfare. It just comes off as bitter and spiteful.

I regularly do 80 hours a week, and I’m paid a salary I’m satisfied with. It’s not the people like Ms. Cash who decide how much I should pay in tax. That decision is made by middle class civil servants who quite frankly I really don’t have any sympathy for whatsoever. There’s nothing unfair in what was never an equal comparison on any level to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Greyfox wrote: »
    In my opinion if a person chooses to work 60 hours a week every week instead of getting a free house that person is an eejit

I work over 50 hours most weeks and a large chunk of that goes towards rent. I've seen Margaret Cash speak/shout and I don't envy her one bit. What a chaotic life she's had. Even on a bad day in work, I'd sooner have my life. Not everything has to be about money.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'd say the horse is for herself

eurokev wrote: »
    Was just on Margaret Cash's Facebook and she put up a post reminding us, that just this time last year, she gave an impassioned speech on homelessness outside the gates of the dail and to never give up on fighting to get our home,

Such a strong woman, who now has her home which has a new addition - a little horse, no less - a present she got her son for his birthday.

Inspirational stuff to see on a Friday, when I'm about to head home after a 60odd hour week

Serious question. Do you creep on Margaret Cash's Facebook a lot?

Is that a thing that people are doing?

The fixation with her is fairly surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

I work over 50 hours most weeks and a large chunk of that goes towards rent. I've seen Margaret Cash speak/shout and I don't envy her one bit. What a chaotic life she's had. Even on a bad day in work, I'd sooner have my life. Not everything has to be about money.

No one want her life, no one envies her. We just have a little tiny wee problem with the fact that we're paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Cordell wrote: »
    No one want her life, no one envies her. We just have a little tiny wee problem with the fact that we're paying for it.

Exactly.

Like the outrage about insurance fraud hitting us all, so does this sham of a woman.

Are we not allowed mention it now?

• Advertisement

I don't know about you, but I'm paying for my own life. And my landlord's life, I suppose, but I try not to think about that.

How much do you think one family of that size, on welfare, costs you?

I'm not talking about how much their welfare is. I'm asking whether you are aware of how much it costs you?

Give a wild guess

Pure stab in the dark?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Hold on - you can't say that! :eek: You'll be done for libel.

...actually no, sorry - each adjective actually checks out with documented behaviour.

Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I'm not talking about how much their welfare is. I'm asking whether you are aware of how much it costs you?

Give a wild guess

Pure stab in the dark?

Almost 100 years a republic here, and it seems from the above that you are still not getting it.

You can tell by looking at (and listening to) her that she's had a tough life, from the very outset. Maybe the few free things is her comeuppance. :)

topper75 wrote: »
    Almost 100 years a republic here, and it seems from the above that you are still not getting it.

I am. Someone complained about having to pay for her. I asked if they know how much she costs that person in tax.

Simple question.

The amount of fretting and hysteria is incredible. She hasn't even done anything this time, some grown man has just been creeping on her FB and saw one of those stupid 'This Time Last year' anniversaries.

All over what, costing you personally 10c? 40c per year?

Life's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

Give a wild guess

Pure stab in the dark?

Welfare spending it's about 30% of tax revenue so if I'm trusting CSO and my understanding of their data, it's a four figure number annually. How much of that goes to people like her, I don't know.

Welfare spending it's about 30% of tax revenue so if I'm trusting CSO and my understanding of their data, it's a four figure number annually. How much of that goes to people like her, I don't know.
    If you're around the median wage or average industrial wage, probably no more than 40 cent per year. Depending on your tax credits and age.

Is it really worth the anger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

How much is the father contributing or is he still living courtesy of the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Where is she keeping the horse?

In bed, she's riding it.

• Advertisement

Remember that nut job PlaneSpeaking used to most constantly about Mags. At one stage she was saying she should be taken out of her home and sterilised. I miss her lunatic comments.

Remember that nut job PlaneSpeaking used to most constantly about Mags. At one stage she was saying she should be taken out of her home and sterilised. I miss her lunatic comments.

I don't. Probably one of the most irredeemably bad posters this site has ever had.

And that's saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Bob Harris wrote: »
    In bed, she's riding it.

I hope he wears protection.

I don't. Probably one of the most irredeemably bad posters this site has ever had.

And that's saying something.

Yeah you're right, frightening at times

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ah yes. After the women cycling thread comes the traveller bashing one. What's next, trans people or immigrants?

Let's be fair without being childish, she started it by bashing the entire community and system around her, despite the fact that she seems to have an income, is a convicted thief, and feels the need to add to her woes by continuously adding children and animals to her situation.

Well she's from a traveller background, which is horrible for women. They don't have much of a chance and are not educated. So if she doesn't come across very well she has reasons for this. I used to think it was ridiculous and unfair that she's getting housed etc for free, but none of us would switch places with her, and we may as well try and give her and her children the best chances we can, that's the type of society I want to be part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

sdanseo wrote: »
    Let's be fair without being childish, she started it by bashing the entire community and system around her, despite the fact that she seems to have an income, is a convicted thief, and feels the need to add to her woes by continuously adding children and animals to her situation.

It's only a little horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It's only a little horse.

Ah that's grand then. She should just have a little chunk of the dole cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I doubt that woman will ever be happy with whatever society generously gives her. It all take, take, take and steal, steal, steal, steal. No appreciation.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do an exchange program with somewhere like North Korea. Would be very educational for her. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Where is she keeping the horse?

outside !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement