Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - The European Club 20th April 11.00 AM 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Is there a course guide anywhere? or any tips from anyone (other then bring lots of golf balls)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Is there a course guide anywhere? or any tips from anyone (other then bring lots of golf balls)

its a fairly straightforward course as links go.

Just don't go in a bunker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Can I just as that everyone that accepted on teamer is 100% committed as numbers have to be confirmed to the club Monday. If you are unsure or can't make just change your status on teamer. As the society is subsidising this outing a fair bit.. So no shows will be still asked for the fee at next outing else they won't be allowed play unfortunately. plus all membership needs to be paid in full on the day if your playing.

Regards

Benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Is there a range to hit a few warm up shots before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Is there a range to hit a few warm up shots before hand?

When will tee times be released?

• Advertisement

gypsy79 wrote: »
    When will tee times be released?

How should I know? I just wanted to know if there is a range there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How should I know? I just wanted to know if there is a range there...

Yes. There's a proper grass range.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

I know this is Ireland and things can change quickly weatherwise but the forecast for Saturday looks pretty amazing....sunny and 20°C

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Benny, earlyish tee time if possible. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone able to give me a lift? I'm in Monasterevin, but can meet you anywhere along the train line if that would work better.
    I know this is Ireland and things can change quickly weatherwise but the forecast for Saturday looks pretty amazing....sunny and 20°C
    You've definitely jinxed us now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Can i get out early please. Have a camogie match Saturday evening

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Early for me too please?

Can roadrunner and alanm be somewhere near each other on the timesheet.

Much appreciated, getting a lift down with alanm!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

In the first half would be good for me also, please and thank you

Boards Golf Society
    The European Timesheet

We are off the whites on this one folks... So make sure you have your Porridge :D

Hole 13 is Longest Drive & Hole 14 is Nearest the Pin.

See you all Saturday

Regards

Benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

table cause Benny is to busy watching game of thrones :rolleyes:

Time|Player1|Player2|Player3|Player4
    11.00|FixdePitchmark|Offaly Medic|A Posk Punk|doublecros
    11.10|CharlieIRL|Seve OB|GolfGraffix|BigChap1759
    11.20|SEORG|Princess Poppy|Woodyg|Timgolfer
    11.30|Aliasjones|Brian Rossiter|Rainbow Warrior|The Big Easy
    11.40|Roadrunner|ronnoco13|OS_Head|pakman
    11.50|Break80|AlanM|newindublin|golfnut203
    12.00|gypsy79|Morrga|Macker1|Jarrieta
    12.10|Benny79|Tigerwood1|Kiith|Golfhead65

Seve OB wrote: »
    table cause Benny is to busy watching game of thrones :rolleyes:

Time|Player1|Player2|Player3|Player4
    11.00|FixdePitchmark|Offaly Medic|A Posk Punk|doublecros
    11.10|CharlieIRL|Seve OB|GolfGraffix|BigChap1759
    11.20|SEORG|Princess Poppy|Woodyg|Timgolfer
    11.30|Aliasjones|Brian Rossiter|Rainbow Warrior|The Big Easy
    11.40|Roadrunner|ronnoco13|OS_Head|pakman
    11.50|Break80|AlanM|newindublin|golfnut203
    12.00|gypsy79|Morrga|Macker1|Jarrieta
    12.10|Benny79|Tigerwood1|Kiith|Golfhead65

😂😂😂👍

benny79 wrote: »
    Hole 13 is Longest Drive & Hole 14 is Nearest the Pin

What if you are so far offline with your drive on 13 that you actually finish on the green and nearest the pin on 14.. can both be won with the same shot? :pac:

RoadRunner wrote: »
    What if you are so far offline with your drive on 13 that you actually finish on the green and nearest the pin on 14.. can both be won with the same shot? :pac:

You will get a lucky star! One think I do remember about the European is if you are offline, best of luck in finding your ball! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

benny79 wrote: »
    Boards Golf Society
    The European Timesheet

We are off the whites on this one folks... So make sure you have your Porridge :D

Hole 13 is Longest Drive & Hole 14 is Nearest the Pin.

See you all Saturday

Regards

Benny79

Super tough from the whites, let's pray it is not a windy day, otherwise high handicappers like me will struggle to make 20 points :eek::eek:

Will have a good craic anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/european/detailedscorecard.htm
    yea just the 6,700yrds par 71 of the Whites :eek:
    and the course record is -4 by some fellow called Woods.
    this could be a day when lost ball numbers are nearly 1 a hole :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to this, even if i will end up losing all my balls. Think i'll be keeping the driver in the bag quite a bit...that's the only thing that saved me in Enniscrone last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Guys we just had someone pull out today, I know some things come up at the last minute but as we had to confirm numbers yesterday, the society has to still pay for this slot unless we can fill it.
    When courses are subsided, can you please please ensure you can play or it costs us money. We’re not in it for any profit and every cent goes back into the society but this will have to come out of our prize pot now

If anyone else was undecided about playing, please let us know now.
    Thanks.

The key to The European is course management not length.. Driver definitely be in the bag depending on wind. and yes the man himself has the course record.. Tiger Woods :)

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Guys we just had someone pull out today, I know some things come up at the last minute but as we had to confirm numbers yesterday, the society has to still pay for this slot unless we can fill it.
    When courses are subsided, can you please please ensure you can play or it costs us money. We’re not in it for any profit and every cent goes back into the society but this will have to come out of our prize pot now

Thanks.

Just to let people know we have one slot free now if any member of the society thinks they might be able to make it!

Please Pm me.

Thanks.

in fairness there was enough warning given.
    extremely bad form and unfortunately not for the first time and I fear it won't be the last time. player was not a regular, and not even a regular posted by the looks of it
    we are a society built around this forum. if you want to be part of it, at least join in from time to time and don't just be in it for the golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Seve OB wrote: »
    in fairness there was enough warning given.
    extremely bad form and unfortunately not for the first time and I fear it won't be the last time. player was not a regular, and not even a regular posted by the looks of it
    we are a society built around this forum. if you want to be part of it, at least join in from time to time and don't just be in it for the golf.

Just had a look at teamer and not even the courtesy of a reason.

Just had a look at teamer and not even the courtesy of a reason.

apparently he "doesn't have to explain himself to anyone"

well he certainly won't have to explain himself here in the future as he won't be invited anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Rainbow Warrior

Thanks.

I'm happy to pay a couple of quid more to cover the cost of the green fee if everyone else is!

• Advertisement

I'm happy to pay a couple of quid more to cover the cost of the green fee if everyone else is!

I would feel the same, would rather pay a couple extra quid than see the winner shorted. The winner of this event will deserve a solid prize!

Advertisement