Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of my whitening trays is loose on one side, issue/non-issue?

Options
  • 31-03-2020 11:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Made with 1 mm reservoirs.

He also made them to cover ALL teeth so they're quite uncomfortable at the back, and a significant portion of the gumline - which is also uncomfortable.
    I've seen trays that are trimmed down much more precisely along the tooth edge.

I can drop into the lab to get these things trims I'm guessing so the molds become more wearable.

Otherwise they fit fine - being custom, you'd expect they would.

EXCEPT top right side, it moves.
    I press up, it moves up and down a couple mm, doesn't stay fixed in position.

Question is simply, those could compromise gel contact with the teeth?

If it does, I'll be inquiring about a replaced upper tray (i.e. do I have a right to inquire about replacement?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sounds like you got what you paid for. Trays that dont fits well and are not trimmed precisely do not function well. Going out to have your bleach trays trimmed is not social distancing, stay indoors.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112699938

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

BdBfnq0.jpg?1

uhnpxSj.jpg?1

JT7XBPb.jpg?2

Had them trimmed.

More comfortable.

The technician put resin for the spacing to hold the gel, but I think this *DELETED AS DEROGATORY & OFFENSIVE* might have actually put some on the back of the tooth also....
    The reservoir actually extends over the top of the tooth in any case.

Not to the gumline, just over the top, not the face of the tooth exclusively.

They're not SUPER comfortable to wear but I can wear them now for a couple hours at at time at least.

Slightly concerned that the reservoirs extend right around the tooth but I'll use them for a few days and see what happens.

Those trays are not scalloped which means they are total crap. Learn a lesson here, the only thing more expensive than paying a professional is paying an amateur. The name calling is a bit much no?

Those trays are not scalloped which means they are total crap. Learn a lesson here, the only thing more expensive than paying a professional is paying an amateur. The name calling is a bit much no?

Scalloped - what's mean?

Either way for peace of mind I wish to fuck I just had straight up single side reservoirs.

I can't stress enough, there is nothing more important to me right now than getting my teeth totally freakin' white.

I dont know why you are posting literature on here, you dont have the experiance to know what it means or what literature to take seriously and what not too. I know, I lecture dentists and trainee dentists on Bleaching methods and people travel to me from all over the country to have their teeth whitened.

If you want good whitening results you are going to need to pay a professional to do it for you. You have now seen the results of the DIY job. Its not just about the trays, or the impression, or the gels, or the protocol its a combination of all the things, and the experiance to know when to alter the protocols.

I dont like the swearing or the name calling, you dont sound like somebody I really want to give advice to anymore, I literally told you all this back in your first thread, so you dont listen either.

If whitening your teeth is your top priority at the moment, I suggest you watch the news.

• Advertisement

I dont know why you are posting literature on here, you dont have the experiance to know what it means or what literature to take seriously and what not too. I know, I lecture dentists and trainee dentists on Bleaching methods and people travel to me from all over the country to have their teeth whitened.

If you want good whitening results you are going to need to pay a professional to do it for you. You have now seen the results, or lack thereof, of the DIY job. Its not just about the trays, or the impression, or the gels, or the protocol its a combination of all the things, and the experiance to know when to alter the protocols.

I dont like the swearing or the name calling, you dont sound like somebody I really want to give advice to anymore, I literally told you all this back in your first thread, so you dont listen either.

If whitening your teeth is your top priority at the moment, I suggest you watch the news.

1000 apologies for the cussing.

You see in these stressful times, compromised of the necessities, the little luxuries can often make up for that.

So, would I be eligible for a refund on these bogus trays (slapping the puss off the dude not-withstanding?)

He supplies trays for most of the dental clinics in the locality also.
    Does that mean everyone gets bogus trays?
    Cause the gal at one of the dental clinics had sparkling teeth and she got her tray from that lab?

Also, any particular criteria for when whitening gel basically expires?

I've read a cloudy colour means it's been oxidized and no longer works.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

The technician put resin for the spacing to hold the gel, but I think this mongoloid might have actually put some on the back of the tooth also....
    The reservoir actually extends over the top of the tooth in any case.

Poor form
    Why would anyone offer you advice when that's how you treat someone?

In your first thread , in the very first reply I answered your question.
    Go to a Dentist!

In all seriousness, why would you put 44% CP into your mouth??? with an ill fitting tray
    Have fun burning your gingiva!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement